Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Someone please tell me if this an orb!

efairfield

I was videoing my son acting crazy in his crib needing to go to sleep when I started noticing orbs. Yes I agree with dust particles and what not but this was not a picture taken outside with my flash and I did not shake anything to make dirt fly. There's little ones during the video you may even miss it bc there so quick and small but at the very end of the video two or three appear and I freaked out and shut off the video and grabbed my son. Will someone tell me what they think all opinions are great.

I was videoing my son acting crazy in his crib needing to go to sleep when I started noticing orbs. Yes I agree with dust particles and what not but this was not a picture taken outside with my flash and I did not shake anything to make dirt fly. There's little ones during the video you may even miss it bc there so quick and small but at the very end of the video two or three appear and I freaked out and shut off the video and grabbed my son. Will someone tell me what they think all opinions are great.

yes well from the attached images or video, I can see absolutely nothing! Oh you didnt attach any images or video? Gonna be hard to get opinions then isnt it? :lol:

But without seeing it so far, yes its most likely (dust) orbs. I have dozens of examples in my vids/photos, with and without flash or extra light

• Like 3

Someone sounded frantic and ready to call out the Guard. i hope seeder has put your case of the willies's to rest! :clap:

Edited by jamesjr191
  • Like 2

Hmm, well as there is nothing to see...but if it looked anything like one of those in seeders example, then that should clear up your question....and fears!!!!!???

Freaking out because of dust particles captured with a video is pretty......err, freaky!

• Like 2

While noting...the boy in the vid wasnt spooked at all.... why? Well he wasnt looking thru a cam, so he was totally oblivious and totally unharmed and cool! . Meaning? Nothing to worry about at all.

However I am a bit concerned you grabbed your son! Your fear rubs off you know... and if you dare tell him about it...he'll soon or later be having bad dreams

eta: Not that Im preaching parenting or anything

Edited by seeder
  • Like 2

If an orb moves in an intelligent way or remains stationary for a long time, then it's more than a dust particle. I have visually seen an orb myself at the foot of my bed, when I woke up one morning, and I definitely was not dreaming. It was completely still, it's size was as large as a cricket ball and looked like a bright swirling kaleidoscope of very beautiful colours. It stayed visible for a short while before suddenly vanishing, but stayed long enough for me to be sure I wasn't imagining it.

• Like 2

Dust particles, insects, video/photography anomalies/errors, eye floaters. That's "orbs" for you. Right up there with "rods".

Dust particles, insects, video/photography anomalies/errors, eye floaters. That's "orbs" for you. Right up there with "rods".

My orb wasn't any of those I'm sure about that, but yes I agree most orbs are just that.

• Like 1

If an orb moves in an intelligent way or remains stationary for a long time, then it's more than a dust particle. I have visually seen an orb myself at the foot of my bed, when I woke up one morning, and I definitely was not dreaming. It was completely still, it's size was as large as a cricket ball and looked like a bright swirling kaleidoscope of very beautiful colours. It stayed visible for a short while before suddenly vanishing, but stayed long enough for me to be sure I wasn't imagining it.

Hi Oxo, can you describe the "intelligent" way an orb moves? or rather, can you explain what the intelligence used by the orb is?

Hi Oxo, can you describe the "intelligent" way an orb moves? or rather, can you explain what the intelligence used by the orb is?

That's very good of you to pick that up freetoroam, yes I think that needs some explanation. If an orb moves in a controlled way, which is obviously not due to random air movement, then that would seem to indicate it has some kind of intelligence. Same thing if it's stationary for a period of time, although with the one I saw it was obviously not a floater, because of it's remarkable crystal clarity, size and colours which were amazing.

when I woke up one morning, and I definitely was not dreaming.

I don't doubt you saw something, but keep this, your own words, in consideration. If not dust, an insect, a floater, headlights...blah blah blah, then consider that you might have actually imagined it after all. By your own description of the event, you did just wake up and you could have still been seeing things from a dream you had. Please consider all possible explanations before jumping to the wild speculation, paranormal, and supernatural. That's all I ask for you to do.

• Like 1

Not orbs, and I am a believer and have captured 100's of them. Dust, dirt, even ice particles in this video.

That's very good of you to pick that up freetoroam, yes I think that needs some explanation. If an orb moves in a controlled way, which is obviously not due to random air movement, then that would seem to indicate it has some kind of intelligence. Same thing if it's stationary for a period of time, although with the one I saw it was obviously not a floater, because of it's remarkable crystal clarity, size and colours which were amazing.

Where does the intelligence come from? Contrary to popular belief, something does not have to have a brain to have a form of intelligence, this has been researched with plants.

"They have analagous structures," Pollan explains. "They have ways of taking all the sensory data they gather in their everyday lives ... integrate it and then behave in an appropriate way in response. And they do this without brains, which, in a way, is what's incredible about it, because we automatically assume you need a brain to process information."

http://www.pri.org/s...nk-about-plants

But for a plant to be able to do this, it needs the essentials to survive, water, sun, soil or something to grow on..... so how does an orb "survive" and what on and what is the basis for its intelligence?

ps: is there another word you could use to replace "floater"?

Edited by freetoroam

Are you that's not dust bunnies floating around your house, and the lights from your house is somehow reflecting from it.

• Like 1

I don't doubt you saw something, but keep this, your own words, in consideration. If not dust, an insect, a floater, headlights...blah blah blah, then consider that you might have actually imagined it after all. By your own description of the event, you did just wake up and you could have still been seeing things from a dream you had. Please consider all possible explanations before jumping to the wild speculation, paranormal, and supernatural. That's all I ask for you to do.

It was at about this time I was meditating on my chakras and also had my out of body experience, so I'm sure this was linked in some way with the orb . The orb was not the only strange visualization I experienced then, others included a continuous swirling black/white chequer board pattern and something which looked like a bicycle wheel with hundreds of spokes, without the wheel outer rim and inner hub. I found I could make this object rotate clockwise and anti clock just by willing it to with my mind. The chequer board pattern visualization was seen with my eyes closed, and I saw this more than once when I awoke from sleep during the night, the spokes visualization I only saw once when I awoke from sleep. Not seen anything like that since, so I guess my mind was wide open to the supernatural back then. Of course I will consider all other possible explanations, but my own intuition suggests otherwise. Imagination and the subconscious mind is key to psychic awareness, and very few people use this latent spiritual capacity of the human mind.

• Like 1

. I found I could make this object rotate clockwise and anti clock just by willing it to with my mind.

Optical illusion........Not your mind.Well, it is your mind, but the object is not changing direction.

2007b.gif?2fad8a

At a recent work place, when monitoring a Thickener rake on a computer screen ( it rotated ), one could " change " its direction by thinking about it.......Same as above.

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 1

It was at about this time I was meditating on my chakras and also had my out of body experience,

You claimed you "woke up"...was it that or this "outer body experience" thing--which I won't comment on in this thread...

...so I'm sure this was linked in some way with the orb . The orb was not the only strange visualization I experienced then, others included a continuous swirling black/white chequer board pattern and something which looked like a bicycle wheel with hundreds of spokes, without the wheel outer rim and inner hub. I found I could make this object rotate clockwise and anti clock just by willing it to with my mind.

Now you can control it, as opposed to it just moving in an "intelligent manner"? And you had other hallucinations at the same time?

The chequer board pattern visualization was seen with my eyes closed, and I saw this more than once when I awoke from sleep during the night, the spokes visualization I only saw once when I awoke from sleep.

Again, sleeping or meditating? Pick one and stick with it please.

Not seen anything like that since, so I guess my mind was wide open to the supernatural back then. Of course I will consider all other possible explanations, but my own intuition suggests otherwise. Imagination and the subconscious mind is key to psychic awareness, and very few people use this latent spiritual capacity of the human mind.

If you are telling the truth (and I'm not claiming you aren't) about wanting to consider all other possible explanations, then picking the "supernatural" one without any sort of research or critical thinking isn't keeping your mind open to all other possible explanations. Your intuition isn't enough.

• Like 1

It was at about this time I was meditating on my chakras and also had my out of body experience, so I'm sure this was linked in some way with the orb . The orb was not the only strange visualization I experienced then, others included a continuous swirling black/white chequer board pattern and something which looked like a bicycle wheel with hundreds of spokes, without the wheel outer rim and inner hub. I found I could make this object rotate clockwise and anti clock just by willing it to with my mind. The chequer board pattern visualization was seen with my eyes closed, and I saw this more than once when I awoke from sleep during the night, the spokes visualization I only saw once when I awoke from sleep. Not seen anything like that since, so I guess my mind was wide open to the supernatural back then. Of course I will consider all other possible explanations, but my own intuition suggests otherwise. Imagination and the subconscious mind is key to psychic awareness, and very few people use this latent spiritual capacity of the human mind.

The bold bit sounds very similar to what many migraine sufferers have. I used to get them regularly, its very common.

please read this article, as it basically explains much of what you are describing, it may be an idea to go check these out with the doctor:

Floaters are a common complaint, as are flashes to a lesser extent. The two may occur separately or together, depending on the underlying pathology. Haloes are less common. Flashes and floaters are a common complaint in primary care. Most patients have a harmless collapse of the vitreous gel (posterior vitreous detachment). However, some may have a more a serious underlying cause, such as a retinal detachment.[1]

http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/floaters-flashes-and-haloes

• Like 1

Where does the intelligence come from? Contrary to popular belief, something does not have to have a brain to have a form of intelligence, this has been researched with plants.

"They have analagous structures," Pollan explains. "They have ways of taking all the sensory data they gather in their everyday lives ... integrate it and then behave in an appropriate way in response. And they do this without brains, which, in a way, is what's incredible about it, because we automatically assume you need a brain to process information."

http://www.pri.org/s...nk-about-plants

But for a plant to be able to do this, it needs the essentials to survive, water, sun, soil or something to grow on..... so how does an orb "survive" and what on and what is the basis for its intelligence?

ps: is there another word you could use to replace "floater"?

Well if plants don't need a brain then I'm sure an orb dosen't need one either. If we assume an orb to be some kind of intelligent energy which has consciousness, then I think that would go a long way to explaining what it might be. Of course an orb could also be a spirit, natural energy from the planet or some kind or interdimensional energy. Energy can't be destroyed it can only be changed from one form to another, so an orb could be just that, energy taking on a different form from what it was before.

Eye debris is the only other words I would use to describe floaters in the eye.

The bold bit sounds very similar to what many migraine sufferers have. I used to get them regularly, its very common.

Right on! I get what I call "sparklies", pulsing flashing of lights starting in my peripheral vision, then working out to the front.

Thanks for that, it's been a few months since it's happened, can't believe I forgot.

• Like 1

If we assume an orb to be some kind of intelligent energy which has consciousness, then I think that would go a long way to explaining what it might be.

We're not assuming that at all.

• Like 1

please read this article, as it basically explains much of what you are describing, it may be an idea to go check these out with the doctor:

Floaters are a common complaint, as are flashes to a lesser extent. The two may occur separately or together, depending on the underlying pathology. Haloes are less common. Flashes and floaters are a common complaint in primary care. Most patients have a harmless collapse of the vitreous gel (posterior vitreous detachment). However, some may have a more a serious underlying cause, such as a retinal detachment.[1]

http://www.patient.c...shes-and-haloes

This happened many years ago, and I never any problems with migraine or my eyes at the time, but thanks for pointing that out to me.

My visualization at the time was definitely something not of this world, I have no doubt about that. Those spokes looked silver in appearence, they were very long and had sharpely defined edges and were very closely arranged together next to each other, in a large 360 degree circle. In fact I can remember thinking to myself, what I was seeing could be some kind of gigantic spaceship or a vehicle from another dimension. As I said earlier, all this happened to me when I was involved in a particular kind of meditation, I have not seen anything like that since.

I much appreciate you pointing out to me the link on eye defects, but I have had my eyes tested and they are fine, although of course I didn't have my eyes tested back then when I saw that strange stuff. I think the sharpely defined chequer board patterns in the shape of a checker board I saw were really weird, I really felt quite spooked by them. I mean when you wake up in the night, you don't expect to see something like that in front of your eyes do you. After opening my eyes and lying there for a while, I closed them again and the chequer board pattern had completely gone, thank goodness.

Just one other point about the spokes object, as I said before. I realised I could make it rotate just by thinking about it, that really amazed me it was totally surreal. If that had been an eye defect, there would be no way my mind could have made it move in sync with my thoughts.

An awesome experience in my life that was. :)

Edited by Oxo1

Well if plants don't need a brain then I'm sure an orb dosen't need one either. If we assume an orb to be some kind of intelligent energy which has consciousness, then I think that would go a long way to explaining what it might be. Of course an orb could also be a spirit, natural energy from the planet or some kind or interdimensional energy. Energy can't be destroyed it can only be changed from one form to another, so an orb could be just that, energy taking on a different form from what it was before.

Eye debris is the only other words I would use to describe floaters in the eye.

Oxo, please read this bit again;

Even without a brain, if an orb is to have intelligence, it has to come from somewhere.....it has been explained how plants have an intelligence while not having a brain, and as quite rightly pointed out, we do not assume that an orb to be some kind of intelligent energy which has consciousness.

can I ask you, respectfully, have you been reading Pir Vilayat Inayat Khan? Are you a believer in this:

https://iamheart.org/Puran_Bair/articles/consciousness_and_energy.php

One other point worth mentioning about the spoked object which I have just remembered, is I also saw it come into view nearly edge on, before it appeared to me as if I was looking down on the top of it, which is why I thought it could be a spaceship. All around this spoked object was complete blackness, which made it stand out in a very vivid defined detail.

Looking back now I don't think it was a spaceship of course, it was just my way at the time of trying to make some sense out of it.