Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Questioning self "Realization"

Himalayan Mystic

What can we share about the idea of self realization?

What would our best imagination be about it! based on known hypotheses ?

Would be sudden or happen in stages?

would their be light energy when a person gets enlightened?

Is it only about harnessing this energy................

Many um forum members are knowledgeble so if we share..................

sometimes i think it happens sometimes i doubt it................

We all go back to the source(the big ball of light). One way or another we all go back to it

We all go back to the source(the big ball of light). One way or another we all go back to it

But the curious part about ppl in the past,present who claim to have experiences which spark the imagination of us lesser mortals..............

for me it was sudden. the first time i meditated (i was trying to have a lucid dream) i had things happen that havent happened since. i remember two nights before, i was laying with my eyes closed and just wondering why it was so dark, but now i see colors and shapes. its like before i was living life in a 2d plane.

But the curious part about ppl in the past,present who claim to have experiences which spark the imagination of us lesser mortals..............

All gnostics who have achieve those "experiences" have worked on it a lot. Rabis who worked on the Kabalah since the 9th century have spent entire lives doing it. Jacob Boehme and Master Eckhart were living in monasteries. Modern life does place an halt to much of the efforts needed to achieve "realization". Biggest problems being eating and heating daily.

What can we share about the idea of self realization?

What would our best imagination be about it! based on known hypotheses ?

Would be sudden or happen in stages?

would their be light energy when a person gets enlightened?

Is it only about harnessing this energy................

Many um forum members are knowledgeble so if we share..................

sometimes i think it happens sometimes i doubt it................

I am not sure what you mean about self realisation One can achieve increasing stages of enlightenment or consciousness, which can also be seen as path to self realisation. But there comes a time when one has to connect to the wider cosmic consciousness of the universe. Only then does one achieve full realisation of the nature of self.

Despite the physical separation of self, consciousness is not a separate entity but something which has its own qualities and characteristics. and those include an integration with the universe. Consciousness can link to other consciousnesses, to the cosmic consciousness, and can travel the universe through time and space, without taking any part of the physical body with it.

Once one experiences this, one can never see self, other, or the relationship betwen self and other in the same way again.

For me this road began in early childhood, aged about 3 or 4 when i became aware of the nature and structure of my self aware consciousness and began to work to link my conscious and subconsciousminds. it was firmed up about age 7 when i watched "the forbidden planet"; and I finally connected to the cosmic consciousness as a young teenager or earlier. So, for me, it was a deliberate conscious process of enlightenment and effort over 6 to 10 years.

It took a lot of work, time, and effort, but back then all the resources came from within my self, and from wide reading and knowledge of the world. This was in the early 1960s, and there was no internet, and precious little way of studying these things. One had to work them through inside oneself in a true process of self discovery and realization. I spent a lot of time with some like minded young friends discussing such things, including the nature of self, reality, the universe etc. As we got into our teens we would sit out all night under the stars just talking through such things.

Empowerment includes both spiritual empowerment and physical empowerment. Many physical abilities and strengths are 'given' during the process of realization. These include, sometimes, encounters with light, heat energy, and material entities, but generally they are a form of bionic enhancement, which is generated within ones self by external forces. One can feel them and use them but they arent obvious.

The most common form, for me, is that the connection to the cosmic consciousness gives, in itself, much knowledge and ability that I would not otherwise possess. It also transforms me physically and psychologically, in many positive and powerful ways, and has done so since I was a child. Some might argue that this empowerment is totally a result of absolute self confidence and understanding of myself, but i know it is a very real power which, in part, comes from outside my self.

I agree with paracelse that this was easisest to achieve as a child, because i had no worries or repsonsibilities except for minor family and school ones. I had the time and interest to spend hours most days working on this with my mind while doing other things, physically. I would walk for hours dividing my mind into parts that provided arguments and debates, with varying aspects of my mind taking different sides or parts. I would think like this while working on tasks at home like chopping he wood or at school doing lessons.

But when i got older and became an "adult" aged 16-18,, first i took an interest in girls and second i had to take responsibility for every apspect of my own life. And yes, that left less time motivation, and energy .

I also now had the power, including income, to physicallyadapt myself and my environment which a child does not, and so what went on inside my head became less important and what happened in the material world grew more important.

Ps when i saw the film avatar and the life tree through which consciousness could be transferred this was not a fantasy or a story to me. I had lived this reality for over 50 years and I knew exactly where the script writers were coming from. They got that organic, planet wide, consciousness almost completely right, but actually it is not just a planet wide consciousness but a universal entity and consciousness.

Edited by Mr Walker

If everything were to go according to plan, we would all become God, with a capital G. At the moment, the trendy thing to say is that we are all "presence." It's the politically correct way of saying that everything is God but trapped and limited in a material cage. For example, most of us don't have the power to change water into wine. I've never seen a levitating human be-in who also walks on water, have you? Me, a God, with a capital G...ha ha, I can't even sell my script! I prefer that we are aspects of God like Apollo, Shiva, Isis, my cat, Ty LaVess, Shirley MacLaine, Mr Walker, DJ Vex, my wall, the dust under the carpet, etc. How about an aspect of God with tons of health problems, such as an elevated blood pressure, painful hernias, migranes, stroke? A penniless God with decaying teeth who pan handles his next meal? Worship them to your heart's content, or not -- no skin off my nose.

God. Such a singular word. It sounds so final and lonely and oblivious. Do we really want to be It? A theory is never the same as facing the actual Void and losing everything about you, the collection of your "self-ness." Death is not the same as theory. A friend has this cute quote on the bottom of her email: "Who would you be without your story?!" I always think to myself that she's getting ahead of her self. Her story is still ongoing. Spirituality is about being in the now, not in some vague future. She thinks she's already God. Ha ha, I don't think so. Call me as your hair drops out in handful. Just like another, he complains endlessly about his aches, pains, and outrageous weight, and yet, he has the nerve to tell me that he is God, always!

Edited by braveone2u

If everything were to go according to plan, we would all become God, with a capital G. At the moment, the trendy thing to say is that we are all "presence." It's the politically correct way of saying that everything is God but trapped and limited in a material cage. For example, most of us don't have the power to change water into wine. I've never seen a levitating human be-in who also walks on water, have you? Me, a God, with a capital G...ha ha, I can't even sell my script! I prefer that we are aspects of God like Apollo, Shiva, Isis, my cat, Ty LaVess, Shirley MacLaine, Mr Walker, DJ Vex, my wall, the dust under the carpet, etc. How about an aspect of God with tons of health problems, such as an elevated blood pressure, painful hernias, migranes, stroke? A penniless God with decaying teeth who pan handles his next meal? Worship them to your heart's content, or not -- no skin off my nose.

God. Such a singular word. It sounds so final and lonely and oblivious. Do we really want to be It? A theory is never the same as facing the actual Void and losing everything about you, the collection of your "self-ness." Death is not the same as theory. A friend has this cute quote on the bottom of her email: "Who would you be without your story?!" I always think to myself that she's getting ahead of her self. Her story is still ongoing. Spirituality is about being in the now, not in some vague future. She thinks she's already God. Ha ha, I don't think so. Call me as your hair drops out in handful. Just like another, he complains endlessly about his aches, pains, and outrageous weight, and yet, he has the nerve to tell me that he is God, always!

As to the first bolded bit, this is basically exactly right. We are all apsects of god. God, however, is more than the sum total of all other things, just as I am more then the sum total of every thing which comprises me; just as the universe is more than i am, although I am a part of the universe. The god within is not limited, confined, or defined by; hernia, falling hair or pain. Nor is the god without.

The second bolded bit is mixed. We ARE our story. My dad once lost his memory of the last 40 years for a few hours, "transient global amnesia" He didnt know his wife, his children, or his story, although he knew who he was. Spirituality is and can only be about being in the now but humans think ahead and backwards. Our minds transcend time, and so our story and our spirituality, indeed our life, occupies, a past, a present and a future in our self aware consciousness.

It depends what form of god she thinks she is. We are all gods in some senses, but then some gods are more equal than others. :innocent:

As for the last bolded bit, I am not sure who the, "he' referred to is; god or me. I hadn't realised I had told you so much about myself. But you can't refer to me. I am simply human, my weight is human, my pains are human, my aches are human, but the god within balances these things, eliminates some, and makes the existence of all of them irrelvant.

That is a part of the beauty and power of god. It matters not, in human terms, if you are considered ugly, fat, scrawny, pimply, scarred, or missing bits and pieces; the god within remains the same, and makes us all; beautiful, complete, and loveable/loved Who cannot love a god, even "him"self? What god is not worthy of love and respect, even by "him"self?

Ps if you are a companion to a cat, then you already understand this. My favourite fridge magnet (After "My husband is blind. He still can't see things my way,") reads, "Dogs think they are humans. Cats know they are gods."

Edited by Mr Walker

Hi Mr Walker,

As to the first bolded bit, this is basically exactly right. We are all apsects of god. God, however, is more than the sum total of all other things, just as I am more then the sum total of every thing which comprises me; just as the universe is more than i am, although I am a part of the universe.

Could you please explain or clarify what the "I am" in your sentences?

The god within is not limited, confined, or defined by; hernia, falling hair or pain. Nor is the god without.

Why is it "within" when you just said that it's not confined in a body? Where would it be if it were not inside the body? What is this god (with a lowercase "g") inside your body? Have you seen "it"?

Could you please explain or clarify your POV about the "god without," with a small "g"?

We ARE our story. My dad once lost his memory of the last 40 years for a few hours, "transient global amnesia" He didnt know his wife, his children, or his story, although he knew who he was.

When is our story the same as the "god within"? Or, is it really the same? Who weaves this story? Were does it come from? Is the story important? What's the purpose of our story?

Spirituality is and can only be about being in the now but humans think ahead and backwards. Our minds transcend time, and so our story and our spirituality, indeed our life, occupies, a past, a present and a future in our self aware consciousness.

What you're telling us is that you have access to future events? Prove to us that the future is real because a real future event or thing is not rooted in the past or present; otherwise, it won't be a future gig.

Thinking ahead, therefore, is not being spiritual -- is this correct?

It depends what form of god she thinks she is. We are all gods in some senses, but then some gods are more equal than others. :innocent:

Your word "gods" is in lowercase. I'm talking about God, the one and only. Before you answer the following question, please clarify your position.

We are either aspects of God, or we are not. If not, what are we? If we are God, then why aren't we all equal?

I am simply human, my weight is human, my pains are human, my aches are human,

What you're telling us is that you're just a mere human with all the limitations intact -- right? Or again, are you an aspect of God? Are you God? Are you god, with lowercase "g"? Which one are you?

but the god within balances these things, eliminates some, and makes the existence of all of them irrelvant.

Do you have supernatural powers?

That is a part of the beauty and power of god. It matters not, in human terms, if you are considered ugly, fat, scrawny, pimply...

Tell that to a budding teenager, Mr Walker. LOL. Some people are either lying to themselves, or deluding themselves that the artiface is not important. Actually, I find that older people complain about their looks than most teenagers I know, not to mention their health problems, but I'm not about to argue with them about their spirituality. That would be a major social error. Then again, I live within the confines of Hollywood, where everything is so extreme, practically, and holier than thou, as in "Everyone is a god. Worship me and despair." Have you been to a Hollywood party?

the god within remains the same, and makes us all; beautiful, complete, and loveable/loved

I like that. Quite profound, Mr Walker.

Peace.

Paul

I feel like I'm right back where I started in regard to all of this. I had a kundalini awakening experience some years ago, though I did next to nothing to make it happen; didn't even know what it was till some months after the fact. Now, years later, I feel like like any conceptions, perceptions, understandings, etc., I have around it are vastly incomplete or no where near approaching the reality of it; I'm beginning to realize just how ignorant I still am and how much I have to learn. It's weird, I thought I knew a lot of stuff, now I'm feeling like none of it is really important in the bigger picture. Anyhoo, I think maybe self-realization, at least for me, is a matter of degrees, and it's not something I'll ever be done with, or will be done with me. And maybe it happens when we're not looking, I know there's a lot of stuff I'll never figure out, so I'm going to give up trying and devote that energy to things that make a difference here in the material world. I love being human and all that comes with it, and I'm grateful for every day I have on this planet.

I feel like I'm right back where I started in regard to all of this. I had a kundalini awakening experience some years ago, though I did next to nothing to make it happen; didn't even know what it was till some months after the fact. Now, years later, I feel like like any conceptions, perceptions, understandings, etc., I have around it are vastly incomplete or no where near approaching the reality of it; I'm beginning to realize just how ignorant I still am and how much I have to learn. It's weird, I thought I knew a lot of stuff, now I'm feeling like none of it is really important in the bigger picture. Anyhoo, I think maybe self-realization, at least for me, is a matter of degrees, and it's not something I'll ever be done with, or will be done with me. And maybe it happens when we're not looking, I know there's a lot of stuff I'll never figure out, so I'm going to give up trying and devote that energy to things that make a difference here in the material world. I love being human and all that comes with it, and I'm grateful for every day I have on this planet.

Hi Beany,

I don't agree with your statement: "I feel like I'm right back where I started in regard to all of this. It's weird, I thought I knew a lot of stuff, now I'm feeling like none of it is really important in the bigger picture." Otherwise, you would not have said this: "I love being human and all that comes with it..."

Peace.

Paul

Hi Mr Walker,

Peace.

Paul

I will try to respond in away that is clear, but language is a tricky tool. If only we could mind meld.

Th e "I am" is the I inside and the physical body. "I" am an organic body, hosting a self aware sapient consciousness. The I is both. My consciousness and my body are a part of the universe /god but only a part. God / the universe, is a part of my body /consciousness but only a part.

god exixts within me, and in all the universe, including the bits in close proximty to them. Via god i can extend myself to those bits and they can enter into me. Like oxygen, in a way

God is just god and is the same within me and without me. ie it has energy and maerial form inside me and outside me. I have physically seen it outside me, but seeing inside yourself is harder. I cannot consciously visualise and so, like all my understandings, the god within is largely a verbal construct/entity and expressesitslef in verbal form. However the god without can introduce visions 99and words and thoughts) unto my mind, ie my physicla body. It can heal my body by lending power and energy to it and it can alter my metabolic rates so i feel no fear, think more clearly, and many other things.

I am a god in a human body like christ was. The power of god, sometimes called the holy spirit, transcends that human body and its physical limitations and makes me an aspect or an avatar of god. This is true of every human being.

In my opinion our story is us, creating a golden thread in the wider tapestry of life. As self aware, free willed consciousness, we chose the warp and weft of this thread and create our pattern in the tapestry, but the universe itself is the tapestry and it is weaving itself to its own creation/evolution. Other sapient beings exist as other indpendent threads contributing to the tapestry.

Via the cosmic consciousness anyone can acces potential future events. They can create them, alter them, and shape them to their will. There is no one fixed future and there was no one fixed past, until it became the past. Only now is directly malleable, but in sculpting the instant of now, we create our patternon the tapestry, or shape the pot we are to become. And we can plan/ draft/ shape this in our minds before we act. This ability is unique to humans and to gods as far as we know so far. Thinking ahead and knowing the result of every thought and action is indeed the highest expression of human spirituality. It is what the bible creates as a metaphorical power of knowing good and evil, because we know we can choose and are responsible for the outcomes of our choices.

In my experince there is only one god i find no need to capitalise it it is the universal cosmic consciousness but of course there might be a whole race or family of such evolved consciousnesses. I have no frame of reference to know this, I just know god. We are not equal to god because we are not as old, evolved, experienced or mature as god is. However in potential we are gods equal Thinkl of the differnce between cromagnon and a modrn man and you have a rough comparison.

There is no such thing as supernaturla powers. I have some of the powers whichcome withthe empowerment of accesing gods powers But we all have those in potentia form. These are natural powers and a natural part of what it means to be fully human.

The body and material things are NOT important, although i would rather be comfortable than uncomfortable. Our mind determines our happiness, our pain levels, our feelings etc and we are our mind. We can chose to be happy, pain free, (with some physical limitations) We can chose never to be sad depressed lonely suffer grief etc (except where there is a physicla illness of the mind)

I know this is hard for anyone to understand especially young people I have spent some time trying to teach my fifeen year old grand niece that she is worthy of love and respect as a human being, but she still worries about being fat unpopular etc. Some people never each the level of self realisation required to know those things are unimportant. As long as we are true to oursleves we can be proud and happy.

I do not try, in general, to teach people or preach to them. I can only give nformation and possibilities .This proces only works when it is self actualised or realised To me, i could live in hollywwod or on a mountain top. It is irrelavant because only what is inside yourself is important and that does not change unless you choose to change it.

One can't judge others as people, and only judge their actions where they hurt themselves or others. But i would never chose to live in a big city. I love nature as much as I love people, and am happy talking to people for hours, or spending days by myself.

All gnostics who have achieve those "experiences" have worked on it a lot. Rabis who worked on the Kabalah since the 9th century have spent entire lives doing it. Jacob Boehme and Master Eckhart were living in monasteries. Modern life does place an halt to much of the efforts needed to achieve "realization". Biggest problems being eating and heating daily.

i do realise that ppl did spend a considerable amount of time working towards it in a very focussed manner,many yogis claim to eat once a day and many have not spoken a word for years remaining in a vow of silence.................

I am not sure what you mean about self realisation One can achieve increasing stages of enlightenment or consciousness, which can also be seen as path to self realisation. But there comes a time when one has to connect to the wider cosmic consciousness of the universe. Only then does one achieve full realisation of the nature of self.

Despite the physical separation of self, consciousness is not a separate entity but something which has its own qualities and characteristics. and those include an integration with the universe. Consciousness can link to other consciousnesses, to the cosmic consciousness, and can travel the universe through time and space, without taking any part of the physical body with it.

Once one experiences this, one can never see self, other, or the relationship betwen self and other in the same way again.

For me this road began in early childhood, aged about 3 or 4 when i became aware of the nature and structure of my self aware consciousness and began to work to link my conscious and subconsciousminds. it was firmed up about age 7 when i watched "the forbidden planet"; and I finally connected to the cosmic consciousness as a young teenager or earlier. So, for me, it was a deliberate conscious process of enlightenment and effort over 6 to 10 years.

It took a lot of work, time, and effort, but back then all the resources came from within my self, and from wide reading and knowledge of the world. This was in the early 1960s, and there was no internet, and precious little way of studying these things. One had to work them through inside oneself in a true process of self discovery and realization. I spent a lot of time with some like minded young friends discussing such things, including the nature of self, reality, the universe etc. As we got into our teens we would sit out all night under the stars just talking through such things.

Empowerment includes both spiritual empowerment and physical empowerment. Many physical abilities and strengths are 'given' during the process of realization. These include, sometimes, encounters with light, heat energy, and material entities, but generally they are a form of bionic enhancement, which is generated within ones self by external forces. One can feel them and use them but they arent obvious.

The most common form, for me, is that the connection to the cosmic consciousness gives, in itself, much knowledge and ability that I would not otherwise possess. It also transforms me physically and psychologically, in many positive and powerful ways, and has done so since I was a child. Some might argue that this empowerment is totally a result of absolute self confidence and understanding of myself, but i know it is a very real power which, in part, comes from outside my self.

I agree with paracelse that this was easisest to achieve as a child, because i had no worries or repsonsibilities except for minor family and school ones. I had the time and interest to spend hours most days working on this with my mind while doing other things, physically. I would walk for hours dividing my mind into parts that provided arguments and debates, with varying aspects of my mind taking different sides or parts. I would think like this while working on tasks at home like chopping he wood or at school doing lessons.

But when i got older and became an "adult" aged 16-18,, first i took an interest in girls and second i had to take responsibility for every apspect of my own life. And yes, that left less time motivation, and energy .

I also now had the power, including income, to physicallyadapt myself and my environment which a child does not, and so what went on inside my head became less important and what happened in the material world grew more important.

Ps when i saw the film avatar and the life tree through which consciousness could be transferred this was not a fantasy or a story to me. I had lived this reality for over 50 years and I knew exactly where the script writers were coming from. They got that organic, planet wide, consciousness almost completely right, but actually it is not just a planet wide consciousness but a universal entity and consciousness.

What uve said Mr walker made a lot of sense to me thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

coz i feel i dont know a lot ,i feel knowledge is infinite ,i know very little about the existence

Getting carried away in debates takes me nowhere so i try to sit silently and try to appreciate all points of view

Never arrive at any hard and fast conclusions ................................

coz i feel i dont know a lot ,i feel knowledge is infinite ,i know very little about the existence

Getting carried away in debates takes me nowhere so i try to sit silently and try to appreciate all points of view

Never arrive at any hard and fast conclusions ................................

I like that, never arrive at any hard & fast conclusions. Lately it feels to me like when I head in that direction I'm headed in the wrong direction, so I'm trying really hard to just hang out and stay in one place and see if any wisdom or insight reveals itself. It's hard for me to do, because I've always been self-directed, but right now I guess I'm practicing stillness.

Hi Beany,

I don't agree with your statement: "I feel like I'm right back where I started in regard to all of this. It's weird, I thought I knew a lot of stuff, now I'm feeling like none of it is really important in the bigger picture." Otherwise, you would not have said this: "I love being human and all that comes with it..."

Peace.

Paul

Thanks, Paul. You could be right, in that all of the experiences & information I've acquired along the way were simply a vehicle to get me here, and now that I'm here they've served their purpose and are no longer so important. This would never have occurred to me without your post. I realize I've always felt these experiences, understandings, etc. were what has value, but maybe not, maybe it's where they take us that counts.

Th e "I am" is the I inside and the physical body. "I" am an organic body, hosting a self aware sapient consciousness. The I is both. My consciousness and my body are a part of the universe /god but only a part. God / the universe, is a part of my body /consciousness but only a part.

god exixts within me, and in all the universe, including the bits in close proximty to them. Via god i can extend myself to those bits and they can enter into me. Like oxygen, in a way

God is just god and is the same within me and without me. ie it has energy and maerial form inside me and outside me. I have physically seen it outside me, but seeing inside yourself is harder.

It can heal my body by lending power and energy to it and it can alter my metabolic rates so i feel no fear, think more clearly, and many other things.

I am a god in a human body like christ was. The power of god, sometimes called the holy spirit, transcends that human body and its physical limitations and makes me an aspect or an avatar of god. This is true of every human being.

In my opinion our story is us, creating a golden thread in the wider tapestry of life.

Via the cosmic consciousness anyone can acces potential future events. They can create them, alter them, and shape them to their will. There is no one fixed future and there was no one fixed past, until it became the past.

In my experince there is only one god i find no need to capitalise it it is the universal cosmic consciousness but of course there might be a whole race or family of such evolved consciousnesses. I have no frame of reference to know this, I just know god. We are not equal to god because we are not as old, evolved, experienced or mature as god is. However in potential we are gods equal

There is no such thing as supernaturla powers. I have some of the powers whichcome withthe empowerment of accesing gods powers But we all have those in potentia form. These are natural powers and a natural part of what it means to be fully human.

The body and material things are NOT important, although i would rather be comfortable than uncomfortable. Our mind determines our happiness, our pain levels, our feelings etc and we are our mind. We can chose to be happy, pain free, (with some physical limitations) We can chose never to be sad depressed lonely suffer grief etc (except where there is a physicla illness of the mind)

Some people never each the level of self realisation required to know those things are unimportant. As long as we are true to oursleves we can be proud and happy.

I do not try, in general, to teach people or preach to them. I can only give nformation and possibilities .This proces only works when it is self actualised or realised To me, i could live in hollywwod or on a mountain top. It is irrelavant because only what is inside yourself is important and that does not change unless you choose to change it.

One can't judge others as people, and only judge their actions where they hurt themselves or others. But i would never chose to live in a big city. I love nature as much as I love people, and am happy talking to people for hours, or spending days by myself.

Thank you for the clarification, Mr Walker.

Peace.

Paul

Edited by braveone2u

Thank you for the clarification, Mr Walker.

Peace.

Paul

I hope it helped you understand my world view. Words are inadequate, often, to convey understandings between individual minds, whose data and processing evolves from individual exeriences, but for the present and the next decade or so until the transmission of thoughts is achieved scientifically, it is often all we have. Understandings are a lot easier where two or more minds share at least some commonality of experience and where; mental pictures, linguistic forms, and their attached symbologies, are thus also held in common.

For example, i can describe the expereince of engaging with an "angel' that materialised as a 2 metre high pillar of intense light, communicated with me, and altered my physical metabolism, but unless you were there to share the experience or have had the same experience in your own past, it does not have the same quality and resonance/meaning/influence/shape within your own mind.

I was once trapped under the sail of a capsized yacht and nearly drowned, 45 years ago. I could explain that experience in detailed words to you, including the material description of the event/experience and my mental thought processes during the experience, but it would not be your experience and thus would not form a part of your understandng of life, as it does mine.

But now that event exists only in my consciousness (and in tha t of the cosmic consciousness)

If i could share it with you, you would be in exactly the same position as i am, ( ie the event would have the same reality and influence in your own mind) because that is the nature of organic memory and consciousness. It does not discriminate between physically experienced events and "metaphysically" experienced events.

My earliest memories from childhood are memories of things that had no shared physical reality outside of my mind. All through my life, along with wonderful memories of mundane physical events, i have memories of events shared from the minds of other consciousnesses, or through extending my consciousness around the world and the universe. There is no physical difference in those stored memories, although i know precisely which are which, because of contextual frameworks and reality checkers.

For me, it is also easier because, since early childhood, as part of a deliberate period of effort, I have had conscious control /awareness of my subconscious and vice versa.

Ie my subconscious is aware of and integrates the conscious part of my mind. Thus i am self aware all the time, even when dreaming, and know how and why my conscious and subconscious are integrating and processing data, experiences and thoughts. My conscious mind is aware of, and can use the subconscious mind, to make understandings of the waking and dreaming world.

This helps me understand the causations of things like fear and anger; see their emotional, intellectual, and symbolic representations and expressions while awake and while dreaming, and simply remove them or manipulate them into other forms, both while asleep and while awake..

Edited by Mr Walker

I would like to share a story about how "self awareness" saved my life.

From a young age I always felt everything is an equal of me. A cat is no better than a tree. A tree is no better than a human. We all exsist together, made of the same material, all filled with an undescribable essence. This led to to consistant lucid dreaming and astral projection starting when I was 8 years old. I turned towards hallucinegenic drugs as a teeneager, and it definitly pulled the veil further back revealling much more. from the age of 10-17 i would have a re-accuring dream about playing tennis, during the match the ball would hit an electrical box opening its cover. The circuit board would be covered with with a cancerous tar . at the age of seventeen i moved to a condo with a tennis court. One day i decided to meditate on the court. I astral travelled inside my own body traveling down my arteries and blood vessels, i stumbled upon the the same black mass i had been dreaming about. I snapped out of my meditation a bit shocked.

Soon there after i had the same dream about the tennis court. I awoke from the dream sitting up and paralyzed. I was experiencing sleep paralysis. but it turned into a siezure. I was fully counscious as i flopped about the bed and to the floor. The next morning i told my mom what happened. I got an MRI and it revealed i had a brain tumor the size of a golf ball in my right pariatal lobe. i had surgery to remove it a month later. I meditated every day imaging my body healing and remained very positive.

That was 12 years ago. I still get an MRI every year, because the doctors are expecting its return.

Self awareness kept me intune with my body and allowed to reckognize the signs the unviverse layed before me.

• Like 2

Thank you for sharing that BlackBearWolf. I will let others make of it as they will, but apart from the drugs bit (i guess in my teens alcohol was the only thing available) it is very similar to my own experiences in life, and i can accept and relate to it completely. One of the reasons I have been telling my own story on Um for so long is in the hope it will encourage others to do the same, but also just to open people up to the potentialities in life.

i have to be honest and say i didn't understand the OP

to me it was sort of a bunch of random thought fragments. sorry.

as forthe term self realization...

sort of a contradiction really, as the self is ever changing, so can never be realized. (this is going on my opinion that self is ego)

i think it's more important to examine our spiritual nature and not spend so much time posturing with meditation and rituals and herbs and drugs and whatever else.

a journey is not its rituals.

• Like 1

Thanks Mr Walker for all your contributions to this community of truth seekers. I have been reading your post for the last two years and I also relate with alot with what you speak of. I know the drugs bit is a bit controversial, but it has been a shamanic tool for thousands of years specefically meant for spiritual awakening. I used them in that respect responsibly and would only reccomend it with strict guidelines. Needless to say I no longer use these drugs but still give them credit for much of my spiritual growth. I give specific examples if anyone is interested.

• Like 1

i have to be honest and say i didn't understand the OP

to me it was sort of a bunch of random thought fragments. sorry.

as forthe term self realization...

sort of a contradiction really, as the self is ever changing, so can never be realized. (this is going on my opinion that self is ego)

i think it's more important to examine our spiritual nature and not spend so much time posturing with meditation and rituals and herbs and drugs and whatever else.

a journey is not its rituals.

I would propose that the self is intertwined with everything therefore if you are aware of everything then you are aware of yourself.

Could you give me an example of how your foster your spiritual nature?