Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

something odd spotted in tsunami footage

AZDZ

I had just finished watching a video linked to by another member

The video frame began displaying a selection of other videos so I hovered the mouse over the squares one by one reading their titles for something new to check out or bookmark for later.

The title,

"During Japan Tsunami a strange creature was caught on camera - real footage"

looked interesting so I checked it out. Fast forward to about 2:25.

I was ready to dismiss it as probably photo-shopped but then I thought, if real, other footage of it might exist in other tsunami footage. The very next video I looked at had something similar but smaller and with more physicality (splashing) to it than the above example.

FF to about 12:05 & watch the middle right side. The photographer even notices it and zooms in.

[media=]

[/media]

Any known sea life, other than whales, known to spout plumes like that?

edit: to 'embed' videos

edit 2 they wont embed?

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
Fixed video tags
  • Like 2

Watching the footage is so sad. I've seen footage of spirits during the same disaster but on a different video.

• Like 1

Looks more like some decompressing gas from a gas tank or from carbon dioxide in the water.

• Like 3

Looks more like some decompressing gas from a gas tank or from carbon dioxide in the water.

You know, that is what I am wondering. The first video I have seen before, and the puff of smoke in it. To me, it just seems more reactionary to the environment around it. Seeing the second one for the first time, and yeah, it acts like the first item. I am wondering if they are air tanks or tanks of something that are spinning around and leaking with such pressure. But, maybe it's the water swirling around it, but sometimes, in both videos, I see flapping, like fins.
  • Like 1

Watching the footage is so sad. I've seen footage of spirits during the same disaster but on a different video.

I'd like to see that video, if you still have the link handy.

Delete the s from the https

Thanks! But the edit time has expired. Mod, a little help, please?

Thanks! But the edit time has expired. Mod, a little help, please?

Fixed. For a faster response time, next time you might want to either pm a moderator or report the post and ask for an edit :tu:

• Like 1

I'd like to see that video, if you still have the link handy.

Here it is, and the spirits are seen active during the tsunami from 4.00 minutes and after.

Edited by Red Moon
  • Like 2

Thank you, DONM.

Here it is, and the spirits are seen active during the tsunami from 4.00 minutes and after.

Cool, hadn't seen those.

Off topic, but the 'ufos' around 1:20 remind me of the sighting which was 'debunked' as off shore drilling rigs burning off gas. These must by drilling rigs in the sky. lol

I see what you are talking about past the minute mark. I cannot say I am ready to claim I believe those objects are life forces releasing from life forms but they are odd, especially in the way they always move backwards against the tidal flow. Perhaps things being picked up and blown backwards by wind...

The last two items, of the objects moving out into open water appear drawn in, animated, imo

As for my original posting, I think toast is probably correct.

• 2 months later...

At 1:47 a bird flies into view and if you watch it for a second in vanishes while flying. I'm upset about it haha.

Also this video definitely looks like something is causing it, and like it could just be water vapor from the splashing and the wind. The first video is much weirder. It's almost like it jumps, waits, then runs forward and blends into the top of whatever it's on.

^Hello RigorMorticia, Welcome to UM.

Yeah that bird, like the 'creature' that climbs onto the rooftop has a 'drawn in' look to it, imo.

I am considering the one starting at the 4:44 mark. The one that looks like it's jumping objects during the tidal wave through the farm fields. As a cat lover and owner, it reminds me of a cat desperately trying to stay afloat. A very white cat jumping from big object to object. Yeah, the distance could be deceiving here and there is quite a bit of difference of space between floating objects. And that the object seems to to be jumping off just water near the end. But the shape and the movement of the object just reminds me of a very desperate and resilient cat. If it is, I don't think it survived. :(

I also noticed the thing getting away from the wave on the beach. Granted, I think animals have some innate instinct and tend to leave first, but I think this is one animal that was too late and still trying to get away.

What gets me, is that some people, while filming the wave, suddenly is filming the objects in the sky, and not the natural disaster and hoping to get away as well? And why is it some UFO's if thought to be out of this world individuals, with all of their technology to get to this planet, are now trying desperately to get away from this planet's natural disaster?

I have a recollection of the 'Weather Channel's' program of paranormal stuff during weather situations, (it was during Halloween) and I was fascinated that a lot of the UFO's are captured near tornadoes and storms. Usually in the sky near the weather situations, and I was watching how it was because it's sucking up the energy. But the others, getting caught and trying to get away? That seems a little bit suspicious to me. *shrugs*

I don't think there is any reason to think of anything supernatural. It looks like something compressed being released upon collision with something, or after repeated physical trauma. A canister of CO2, or compressed air, or something to that effect.

• Like 1

I don't think there is any reason to think of anything supernatural. It looks like something compressed being released upon collision with something, or after repeated physical trauma. A canister of CO2, or compressed air, or something to that effect.

It could even be trapped air in the sewers or storm water drainage pipes, which would be compressed by the weight of the water pouring into every opening and escaping when the pressure was high enough. I have been present when trapped air got blasted out of a water pipe. It is very "explosive". But the first clip does look slightly more "controlled" than an explosive release of pressure.

Edited by Professor Buzzkill
  • Like 1

What makes you think these are spirits, and not compressed air or somesuch, like in Professor Buzzkill or my own last comment? It seems far more likely and rational to go with the plausible explanation, as opposed to "I see something weird, it must be spirits".