Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 7 votes

The Ancient Alien Theory Is True

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10148 replies to this topic

#5866    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

View Postzoser, on 29 January 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

My theory is clear.  

If you are not sure what that is it's here:

http://www.unexplain...50#entry4641765

So I would ask you back; any reason why the nodules appear on granite blocks in both Peru and Egypt when they serve no construction purpose?

It seems that we are back to the old - I dont know, therefore ALIENZ argument.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#5867    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

View PostHazzard, on 29 January 2013 - 05:12 PM, said:

It seems that we are back to the old - I dont know, therefore ALIENZ argument.

Prove it wrong.  Simple.

Posted Image

#5868    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,065 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 29 January 2013 - 09:41 AM, said:

oh dear, am I included in that "some people"? Oh dear, how very spiteful.

I you feel like being addressed, then maybe you are being addressed.

I just made a general remark, that's all.

But isn't it kind of weird? People who believe in just about any fantasy wandering around the internet (no, I'm not saying you do) tend to despise science and scientists, but when some scientist publishes something up their alley, they won't hesitate to quote him/her.

View Postzoser, on 29 January 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

Prove it wrong.  Simple.

Prove aliens did it. Simple.

#5869    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

Soulless Minion Of Orthodoxy

• 3,176 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

View Postzoser, on 29 January 2013 - 07:01 AM, said:

Show me how anyone could get a rope hold on those nodules.

Also explain why they are only on a certain number of stones.

Doesn't wash.  Another terribly weak idea that does not stand the test of reason.

Good luck with solving it.

Do you know what a straw man argument is? That's a rhetorical question because clearly I did not mention ropes. Notice though that the higher the stones, the more and larger the knobs.

"Apparently the Lemurians drank Schlitz." - Intrepid "Real People" reporter on finding a mysterious artifact in the depths of Mount Shasta.

#5870    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

View PostEverdred, on 29 January 2013 - 09:24 AM, said:

You use the term "same" but apparently don't understand its meaning--even a cursory glance at the photographs you provided demonstrate obvious differences in your "nodules."

If you look closely at the Egyptian example, you see a general trend of these "nodules" on lower portions of stones, but they also apparent in some of the mid and top sections.  Note also that these are only found on the lower granite course, and only on blocks with unfinished facing (which archaeologists usually attribute to the death of Menkaure near the end of construction).  Keep in mind that these blocks have also been exposed to weathering for 4.5k years which can sometimes cause odd effects.

These can hardly be described as nodules.  These are clearly deliberately carved structures, of a regular shape, with flat edges.  Note also that these are on the inside of the walls.  These formations are thus obviously meant to hold some form of internal wooden structure.

This final example, unlike the previous Peruvian example, is an exterior surface, and the nodules here bear no resemblance to those.  Instead these are all along the bottom edge of the stones and extant only on upper courses.  The latter may imply a role in lifting (an idea which would be strengthened if the nodules were also present on the other side of the blocks).

So clearly the idea of similarity is quite a stretch, and certainly there's nothing specific enough to indicate a cultural connection.

Peru

Posted Image

Egypt

Posted Image

I can find you as many pictures as you like .  If you want more please ask.

Better still if you address the issue instead of pretending it wasn't there :blush:

Posted Image

#5871    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

View PostOniomancer, on 29 January 2013 - 05:20 PM, said:

Do you know what a straw man argument is? That's a rhetorical question because clearly I did not mention ropes. Notice though that the higher the stones, the more and larger the knobs.

Au Contraire Mr O.

Zoom in for a closer look if it's not obvious.

Look at the one on the bottom:

Posted Image

Neither is the size of the nodule related to the size of the block:

Posted Image

Edited by zoser, 29 January 2013 - 05:34 PM.

Posted Image

#5872    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,065 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

View Postzoser, on 29 January 2013 - 07:01 AM, said:

Show me how anyone could get a rope hold on those nodules.

Also explain why they are only on a certain number of stones.

Doesn't wash.  Another terribly weak idea that does not stand the test of reason.

Good luck with solving it.

Those nodules were chopped off after the stones were near positioning. Some stones had those nodules chopped off completely, others were left with a remnant of these nodules.

Edited by Abramelin, 29 January 2013 - 05:38 PM.

#5873    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

So no straw mans argument.

A pretty damn tight one if you ask me.

Posted Image

#5874    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,065 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

And they are almost always at the bottom edge of the stones.

That supports my idea that these knobs (jesus, how many words do you people have for these things??) were used to transport these stones, either with ropes, or with levers.

#5875    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

View PostAbramelin, on 29 January 2013 - 05:34 PM, said:

Those nodules were chopped off after the stones was near positioning. Some stones had those nodules chopped off completely, others were left with a remnant of these nodules.

Some may well have been chopped off.  No evidence that others have though.

No evidence that every block has them either.

That won't do Abe.

Edited by zoser, 29 January 2013 - 05:39 PM.

Posted Image

#5876    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

Soulless Minion Of Orthodoxy

• 3,176 posts

View Posttopsecretresearch, on 29 January 2013 - 09:52 AM, said:

The problem with you and many arm chair skeptics who assume something is false first and you base your opinion on popular culture. I call debunkers on these type of forums crank debunkers for that very reason. It's not a bad thing to keep an open mind and not be angered over something that challeges conventional orthodoxy type thinking. The Universe may not revolve around the human race. We may not be all that important in the scheme of things.

I'm not angered by concepts that challenge dogma. If you follow the literature, dogma gets overturned almost on a daily basis.What does anger me is being bombarded with a load of assumptions, misrepresentations and known falsehoods that a blind man should be able to see through and told this is incontrovertible evidence that a certain thing must be so.

Per your opening statement, this strikes me as exactly what believers are doing, assuming that conventional thinking is wrong based solely on popularized fringe accounts taken at face value as gospel truth.

"Apparently the Lemurians drank Schlitz." - Intrepid "Real People" reporter on finding a mysterious artifact in the depths of Mount Shasta.

#5877    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 29 January 2013 - 05:37 PM, said:

That supports my idea that these knobs (jesus, how many words do you people have for these things??) were used to transport these stones, either with ropes, or with levers.

Total rubbish.

Look at the 12 angled stone.  How on earth was this nodule used for transporting?

The arguments are getting absurd again.  Just an observation.

Posted Image

Edited by zoser, 29 January 2013 - 05:40 PM.

Posted Image

#5878    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 29 January 2013 - 05:37 PM, said:

And I'm sorry but the bottom is exactly where you would not want them.  Centre of gravity?  Balance?  More rubbish.

Posted Image

#5879    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

View Postzoser, on 29 January 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

Prove it wrong.  Simple.

Logical fallacy. If something can't be disproven, it doesn't necessarily mean it is proven, hence the fallacy. http://stevencwatts....-from-ignorance

Most people would recognize that.

Edited by Hazzard, 29 January 2013 - 05:42 PM.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#5880    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,539 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

View Postzoser, on 29 January 2013 - 05:41 PM, said:

And I'm sorry but the bottom is exactly where you would not want them.  Centre of gravity?  Balance?  More rubbish.

zoser, you never answered about your aluminum cables...please do so?

The England team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. “It’s heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope” .....said Jose, age 6.
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain