Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery missile off U.S. coast ignites buzz

Persia

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Silver Thong

• scar7

• DieChecker

• Eldorado

It's Bush's fault.

I was just about to post this. Do I detect a James Bond supervillian involved perhaps? Maybe Goldfinger, or Dr. Hugo Drax from moonraker? If that's the case then thanks James, for saving us all once again. :rolleyes:

I was just about to post this. Do I detect a James Bond supervillian involved perhaps? Maybe Goldfinger, or Dr. Hugo Drax from moonraker? If that's the case then thanks James, for saving us all once again. :rolleyes:

Probably just a small screw up by the air force, Navy or Army.

The military has already denied any involvement. I'm still leaning towards Bond villian.

Inadvertently firing a missile would be a "big" screw-up.

"Secretary of Defense Robert Ellsworth told the station after viewing the video. Ellsworth could offer little in the way of speculation about the projectile's origins, beyond supposing that it looked to be an American show of force"

A show of force to who. The Crypts or the Bloods lol

Inadvertently firing a missile would be a "big" screw-up.

What would you call transporting a live nuke to a unsecured base?

Amazing Colossal Career-ending screw up.

A humongous screw up.

Fox Noise is saying know it is a airplane. That doesn't look like a airplane too me. :rolleyes: LMAO

Edited by Ryinrea

Doesn't look like a jet to me.

Me either...unless the pilot was drunk AND jet was out of control.

Still, tis comforting to know that all of the US' defences kicked into gear when a suspected missile flew past LA.

Edited by Eldorado

More proff of a standard air craft : http://uncinus.wordpress.com/2010/11/09/4/

Thanks for the interesting article, I am laughing that FOX NOISE didn't have the brains to actually fact check before they did this story

Amazing Colossal Career-ending screw up.

and people did lose their jobs and were court-marshaled. probable will end up in Leavenworth.

Cheers, Roger. I've never seen contrails looking anything other than straight lines before.

We live and learn. :)

I really don't think it was a plane look at this as that is no contrail I have ever seen from a plane nor a jet fighter and I have seen quit a few jet's do there thing so to speak.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=fcc_1289329613

I really don't think it was a plane look at this as that is no contrail I have ever seen from a plane nor a jet fighter and I have seen quit a few jet's do there thing so to speak.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=fcc_1289329613

no it wasnt a contrail. it was an exhoust plume. as for it coming from a sub, russia has quite a number of missile subs and i believe china has one.

but our first missile subs just had a tube placed on top of the sub. so anyone with a welding torch and a sub could make a single fire missle sub.

no it wasnt a contrail. it was an exhoust plume. as for it coming from a sub, russia has quite a number of missile subs and i believe china has one.

but our first missile subs just had a tube placed on top of the sub. so anyone with a welding torch and a sub could make a single fire missle sub.

I never claimed it was a contrail as far as the rest :blink: Since when did a sub need to "glue" a tube to the top of it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhNckzJwnSY

Edited by The Silver Thong

i cant find the ship. but we used a test sub with a single tube glued to its top.