Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

shooting

Col. Kurtz

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• preacherman76

• Agent X

• susieice

• Copasetic

This Just in: rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Arizona) has died after a shot in the head, therefore you can call this the first assassination of a high-ranked politician since President Kennedy 48 years ago.

She was at the Tucson Safeway corner booth, a common feature in grocery stores to have actors, athletes and politicians to make public appearances. I had actor Gianni Russo of the Godfather movies in my store I worked at 2 weeks ago. :-/

The lone gunman was captured and held in custody, while his motive is being investigated and asked some serious questions on why he killed the congresswoman and 4 others (3 staff members), including a child. A total of 12 people were shot, like a mass shooting done in a mobster-style fashion.

R.I.P. and we should be fortunate it's not the president, leading figure like the new house speaker or any state governor. Gifford was a right-leaning Democrat who fought for border security, against the tide of drug violence and other issues affecting the state she represented.

Edited by Desert Man

The product of misinformation and fear mongering at it's worst. I said

it was going to happen and damned if it didn't. :no: My thoughts go

out to the family.

holy crap.. I know sometimes we darkly suggest that this sort of thing could start happening with the way nutjobs are now a days.. But how horrible to hear it has actually happened :(

Again, I have to admit an erroneous post, while I switch from one news channel to another (cable at my home restored), I have two different versions of the same story: How on Earth Rep. Giffords died...and the next thing I get was she's reportedly alive in critical condition? It's a miracle. :mellow:

Somehow the people on CNN (late to break the news), MSNBC and FOX News aren't getting their facts straight. The gunman was reported to approach them, shouted an inaudible statement and shot her, then the security guards held him to the ground to be arrested...and well, let's hear what the witness testimonals are.

Not the firs time: I recall getting confused in a message board of the 2008 presidential election: Hillary Clinton nominated for vice president in the Democratic party, then the next day I was told (with a hyperlink to an independent news site) of Joe Biden was the running mate, and the 1/2 vote for the "cancelled" state primaries. Here we go, the cable news competitors confuse the hell outta me.

Edited by Desert Man

Geez...I'm reading this story right now on CNN.com. My thoughts are with everyone involved.

This is a tragic event for our nation. Political assassination is an evil that we really shouldn't take lightly. The threats that fly even between members of our government are disgraceful. A young child, a Judge, and at least 2 others dead. Reports are conflicting as of now, but my thoughts are with the families and the people who were there to see their Representative and instead saw this. How horrifying.

Watching this on CNN now. A real tragedy. My heart reaches out to the victims and their families.

I wonder if it had anything to do with Arizona's anti-immigration laws.

Found this on Channel 4 website, Tuscon. Shooter has been identified as Jared Loughner. Authorities are looking over his youtube postings.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s1915659.shtml

Here's another article from the news. It says that 5 are dead including one of her aides. I don't see anywhere that the Congresswoman is deceased.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/americas/us-congresswoman-in-surgery-after-tucson-shooting-at-least-5-dead/article1862797/

Edited by susieice

If you read any of this guys posts on myspace, youtube etc (I wouldn't for your sanity's sake) you'd realize he wasn't all there. Some of the rants I read from his myspace page throw up little red flags for me. The disordered, paranoid and rambling thoughts I have the look and feel of someone suffering from paranoid schizophrenia. How someone like this was able to purchase a firearm is scary to me and this, couple with other incidents like the Virginia tech shooting only reinforce to me that we need better screening available for people purchasing firearms.

It's horrible how 1 person could do so much damage. Can you believe that there are people who are trying to make gun control less strict. I would think it would be a little obvious this man was mentally unstable.

Please, can we not turn this into an anti firearm rant? It would be much appreciated. Thanks.

It's horrible how 1 person could do so much damage. Can you believe that there are people who are trying to make gun control less strict. I would think it would be a little obvious this man was mentally unstable.

my father is mentally unstable, but if you meet him you wouldnt think so,

If you read any of this guys posts on myspace, youtube etc (I wouldn't for your sanity's sake) you'd realize he wasn't all there. Some of the rants I read from his myspace page throw up little red flags for me. The disordered, paranoid and rambling thoughts I have the look and feel of someone suffering from paranoid schizophrenia. How someone like this was able to purchase a firearm is scary to me and this, couple with other incidents like the Virginia tech shooting only reinforce to me that we need better screening available for people purchasing firearms.

I did look at some of his youtube vids and yeah, that guy has serious issues. The ones about the teaparty and the flag burning were unsettling because they were so off the wall. I didn't go into myspace and I don't think I will.

MSNBC is now reporting 6 killed and police are searching for a second suspect. There is a thread of several videos you may want to watch.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/

Edited by susieice

Fox News is also reporting a second suspect and speculate that Loughner will face the death penalty for killing a Federal Judge. Yeah, and he seriously wounded a member of Congress and a Congressional Aide, he's probably going to pay dearly for what he did. The prognosis for Gifford isn't real good. If she survives, it's unknown what kind of shape she'll be in with the brain damage done by the bullet.

http://www.foxnews.com/

Edited by susieice

Fox News is also reporting a second suspect and speculate that Loughner will face the death penalty for killing a Federal Judge. Yeah, and he seriously wounded a member of Congress and a Congressional Aide, he's probably going to pay dearly for what he did. The prognosis for Gifford isn't real good. If she survives, it's unknown what kind of shape she'll be in with the brain damage done by the bullet.

http://www.foxnews.com/

Has the suspect's MySpace and YouTube accounts been removed? I cannot find them anywhere.

EDIT: His MySpace account has been taken down according to this website http://www.buzzfeed.com/chrismenning/screenshots-of-jared-loughners-myspace

I still cannot find anything about his YouTube account but it has probably been taken down already as well.

Edited by Hurrikane

Has the suspect's MySpace and YouTube accounts been removed? I cannot find them anywhere.

EDIT: His MySpace account has been taken down according to this website http://www.buzzfeed.com/chrismenning/screenshots-of-jared-loughners-myspace

I still cannot find anything about his YouTube account but it has probably been taken down already as well.

Here's a link to his you tube vids. They are still there.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jared+loughner&aq=f

From those who saw his MySpace account before it came down seem this guy wasn't all there. Sounds like a nut who decided to go out and murder some people. Be interesting to hear what his motivation is and what the deal is with this second guy they're looking for.

Hope the Congresswoman pulls through though with a shot to the head that's all kind of bad stuff.

My prayers go out to the victoms and thier families. How terrible. Senceless blood shed. Its just to bad he didnt kill himself, now we will waste millions of tax payer dollars on a man who doesnt deserve to take another breath. God forgive me for sayin so, but its just how I feel.

Its a shame people are already using this to thier political advantange before the bodies are even cold. What a sick world we live in.

Such act is an attack on the institution we all cherish and defend.

I see this Luni as an enemy of the state.

Yup here we go with the terrorist crap! Why don't we just use this to the advantage of people who think like you? Maybe we should have TSA scanners at the entrances to mall and just any public buildings? :rolleyes:

Yup here we go with the terrorist crap! Why don't we just use this to the advantage of people who think like you? Maybe we should have TSA scanners at the entrances to mall and just any public buildings? :rolleyes:

Just wait cb, it wont be long now. :angry:

From the article on the BBC website today...

Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, a conservative Republican, had placed Ms Giffords on a list of politicians she wanted to remove from office in November's mid-term polls.

As a moderate Democrat who narrowly defeated a so-called Tea Party candidate in the elections, Ms Giffords had referred to the hatred during an interview with MSNBC.

"We're on Sarah Palin's targeted list, but the thing is, that the way that she has it depicted has the crosshairs of a gun sight over our district. When people do that, they have to realise that there are consequences to that action," she said.

source

It seems Ms Giffords is remarkably prescient. Now, I am not suggesting at all that Sarah Palin is in any way responsible, or that her actions were intended to have this result, but given the history of gun-crimes in the US her use of 'crosshairs' to indicate who she wanted removed from office should be seen as irresponsible. I hope she realises that she has to be more considered in her politics.

From the article on the BBC website today...

source

It seems Ms Giffords is remarkably prescient. Now, I am not suggesting at all that Sarah Palin is in any way responsible, or that her actions were intended to have this result, but given the history of gun-crimes in the US her use of 'crosshairs' to indicate who she wanted removed from office should be seen as irresponsible. I hope she realises that she has to be more considered in her politics.

Sara Palin had nothing to do with this. Not even indirectly. To even suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

This is exactly what I meant when I said people are using this to thier political advantage. Others have gone way further, already claiming this was directly the tea parties fault. Saying crap like "this is what happenens when people go to town hall meetings and yell at politions." In other words sit down and shut up while this government and thier banks rob you all blind. Steal your freedoms, while acting as your dictator.