Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Transcendent texts

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1    gsr

gsr

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 262 posts

• Genesis 1
    1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Posted 30 July 2004 - 12:44 AM

Most literate religions usually have some text as a reference.  Shamans have various forms of grimoires, the Hindi and Buddhists have the Vedas, Sutras, Upanishads, and Gitas, the regional kingdoms have regional forms of The Book of the Dead, the kingdoms also kept their collections of what we call pantheons and myths today,  the Jews/Hebrews have their Tanakh, Midrash, and other commentaries, and so on, and so on.  What makes these texts so unique?  Why is not anything out of the "cannon"s of religion embewed and endoud with similar abilities to affect souls, spirits, and more?

How does stone, wood, cloth, paper, and other media go from just being media to being media with spiritually more?  How does media bridge the gap between the natural and the supernatural?  Why are some religious more powerful when copied onto similar media while others only respond to reading them aloud?  

John 1:1 In the beggining was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  2 The same was in the beginning with God.  3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Psalm 19:1  The heavens declare the Glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

Acts 17:22 Then Paul stodd in the midst of Mars' hill and said, Ye ment of Athens, I percieve that in all things ye are too superstitious.  23 For I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an alter with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD.  Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.  24 God that made the world and all theing therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwlleth not in temples made with hands; 25 Neither is worhipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users