Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The 4-acre spider web!

Eldorado

'Arachnophobes should not apply for a job at Baltimore Wastewater Treatment Plant – where part of the building is blanketed by a four-acre spider web.

Experts estimate there are more than 107million eight-legged friends living there.

The entomologists sent out to the scene branded it ‘astonishing’.'

Photos at Source: http://metro.co.uk/2014/11/04/this-4-acre-spider-web-is-the-stuff-of-nightmares-4934807/

Would you work there?

• Like 8

Pffft, back in my day 107 million spiders was nothing.

I rode 176 million spider wave to school everyday because my district could not afford buses or horses or oxen or kitten drawn chariots.

• Like 8

Pffft, back in my day 107 million spiders was nothing.

I rode 176 million spider wave to school everyday because my district could not afford buses or horses or oxen or kitten drawn chariots.

you can be glad you had a spider wave! My mum used to glue 4 sticks to my pants and told me "there, you got 8 legs! Now b**ger off and walk to school"!

• Like 6

Estimate of 107 million spiders? They need to do an actual hand count until we have the exact number, purely for scientific purposes of course. I'm sure they can get a grant from the Federal Government at $1.00 per spider. You just can't be too accurate. :yes:

• Like 8

Estimate of 107 million spiders? They need to do an actual hand count until we have the exact number, purely for scientific purposes of course. I'm sure they can get a grant from the Federal Government at $1.00 per spider. You just can't be too accurate. :yes:

I would do it for .10 cents a spider. Just chill for a week and a bit and make up a random number :)
  • Like 5

35,176 spiders per cubic meter. 107 million.

What the hell did they eat?

Anything they wanted to...

• Like 7

It's just Peter Parker having fun for Halloween. New York can't have all of the Spiderman webs, now can they?

This article does creep me out a bit. I hate spiders. If they are outside I leave them alone. IF they decide to come in my house....well you get the idea.

It got relatively cold overnight here in Charlotte this week. A guy I work with found a huge spider in his office. The body looked to be close to 1" long with the overall length being about 2" if the spider stretched out. He caught him and he was released to the outside. We don't know what type of spider it was and I don't care!

• Like 2

I wonder what happens when you eliminate the city's largest "bug zapper" that just happens to be located by a waste water treatment facility?

• Like 2

i wonder if they(the spiders) maintain the web. if they do, they would need to replace it every day. there was a spider here that got ambitious. there is a small back yard area here, with a fake bear hedge, this spider built a web at least six feet tall. stretching between bear and tree.

• Like 2

I used to live in BMore. With how old some of the buildings are, this doesn't surprise me. Now I'm happy I moved back to the frozen tundra. *shivers*

• Like 2

Any security guards missing?

• Like 4

I'm not going to that treatment plant. Has anyone noticed any spiders in their water?

I'm not going to that treatment plant. Has anyone noticed any spiders in their water?

I think you misunderstood what the treatment plant was there for. They specialize in spider facials, manicures for spider. You know everything humans get but for spiders.
  • Like 1

you can be glad you had a spider wave! My mum used to glue 4 sticks to my pants and told me "there, you got 8 legs! Now b**ger off and walk to school"!

You had glue?!?!

Luxury!!!

My old mum would have to force sharpened sticks into our legs - and we'd be thankful. Then we'd have to walk 5 miles to school, there and back - uphill both ways.

• Like 3

Do spides poo? Just asking, I will take a job ther, bu wil want wellies...if they do poo.

• Like 1

Do spides poo?

yup, every life form poops, including spiders.....do plants though?

yup, every life form poops, including spiders.....do plants though?

be thankful that green plants fart, we need that oxygen.

• Like 2

Has anybody even bothered to check out the quota of missing janitors in that building?

• Like 1