Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Buyer finds body in foreclosed home

Karasu

CAPE CORAL, Fla., Nov. 6 (UPI) -- A man who bought a foreclosed house in Cape Coral, Fla., got a shock when he discovered a body on the floor of the master bedroom.

new-owner-finds-corpse.jpg

LINK TO FULL ARTICLE

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2014/11/06/Buyer-finds-body-in-foreclosed-home-in-Cape-Coral-Fla/2271415313444/?r=8371409329742

• Like 1

How pathetic is it that the State and Authorities didn't consider the possibility that the occupant might have come to some foul end. Surely an investigation of the financials would have brought to their attention that no activity had occurred on her accounts etc from a particular date forward as well as the age of the occupant. A well being check should have been instigated. This is just a travesty of justice. If you put a foreclosed property up for sale, surely you check it's contents and etc as well - the interior of the house could have been in absolutely any condition, holes in walls etc - yet in the entire process nobody checked ANYTHING.

• Like 1

The last owner of the house was an elderly woman who lived alone. Nobody even noticed when she was no longer around. It just doesn't get any more pathetic and horrible than this.

• Like 4

I am morally torn about making jokes about this story.

On one hand it is devilishly sad that a human-being could die without anybody noticing other than the tax people.

And on the other, well a 9/10ths the law joke about a body comes to mind......

In the end I guess this is a just a rather profound statement about how much we really notice the elderly.

• Like 1

In the end I guess this is a just a rather profound statement about how much we really notice the elderly.

Trust me here, once you're over 60 nobody really notices you all that much (unless they want to sell you something). This does offer freedom of a sort, but for those who are totally alone in the world this social attitude isn't a good thing.

• Like 2