Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Forum update progress

update

• Please log in to reply
324 replies to this topic

#136    Swede

Swede

Poltergeist

• 2,384 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:11 PM

View PostSaru, on 01 May 2012 - 08:48 PM, said:

Update:
  • The number of replies are now visible again to users who aren't logged in.
Spell checker in Firefox issue:

If you are using Firefox and the browser's spell checker is not working when you are writing a post then the following should fix it:
  • Right-click within the editor
  • Select "Languages" and select "English / United States" or your preferred language
  • Make sure "Check spelling" is also checked
Usually this is done automatically however in some modern versions of Firefox this needs to be explicitly selected when using certain editors, once you have done this once you shouldn't need to do it again to keep the spell checker functioning on this site.

Saru - Am utilizing FF, latest version, latest updates. Cannot seem to locate "Editor", even after hitting "preview post".

Suggestions/applicable screenshot?

Thanks,

Swede

#137    Euphorbia

Euphorbia

Odd Plant Grower

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts

• You can't just choose to believe something.

Believing in something doesn't make it true.

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:39 AM

View PostSwede, on 02 May 2012 - 10:11 PM, said:

Saru - Am utilizing FF, latest version, latest updates. Cannot seem to locate "Editor", even after hitting "preview post".

Thanks,

Swede

By editor he means the text box that you make your post in. It doesn't actually say editor. Just right click where you would normally start typing your post and follow his additional instructions. Takes all of 5-10 seconds to get spell check working again.

Get three coffins ready.

My mistake, four coffins.

Separation of corporation and state!

#138    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:15 AM

View PostSwede, on 02 May 2012 - 10:11 PM, said:

Thanks,

Swede
Hey Swede, just go into the box where you are typing a response and right click for the menu.  Make it look like this:

Attached File  enable spell check in FF.jpg   45.87K   10 downloads

#139    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

apologist by opinion

• 2,766 posts
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

• Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. ―Siddhārtha Gautama

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:26 AM

I'm having two issues as a mobile site user... one... I cannot go directly to the last page of a these. Games section is where this is mostly necessary for me. A couple random threads its important also.
And two. In chat every time a person posts or a new line moves up it kicks my cursor to the beginning of the box when I'm typing. Most distressful... sometimes I don't notice that I'm writing at the beginning again. Please help if you can.

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#140    Swede

Swede

Poltergeist

• 2,384 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:37 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 03 May 2012 - 03:15 AM, said:

Hey Swede, just go into the box where you are typing a response and right click for the menu.  Make it look like this:

Attachment enable spell check in FF.jpg

Euphorbia, Boony - Thanks.

#141    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:43 AM

View PostAus Der Box Skeptisch, on 03 May 2012 - 08:26 AM, said:

I'm having two issues as a mobile site user... one... I cannot go directly to the last page of a these. Games section is where this is mostly necessary for me. A couple random threads its important also.
And two. In chat every time a person posts or a new line moves up it kicks my cursor to the beginning of the box when I'm typing. Most distressful... sometimes I don't notice that I'm writing at the beginning again. Please help if you can.
This is a real lame work around, but you could type your message in a text editor and then copy/paste it into the chat window until the root problem is fixed.

View PostSwede, on 03 May 2012 - 05:37 PM, said:

Euphorbia, Boony - Thanks.
Anytime, happy to help.

Cheers.

#142    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

apologist by opinion

• 2,766 posts

• Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. ―Siddhārtha Gautama

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:54 AM

Double post

Edited by Aus Der Box Skeptisch, 04 May 2012 - 04:57 AM.

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#143    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

apologist by opinion

• 2,766 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:54 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 04 May 2012 - 01:43 AM, said:

This is a real lame work around, but you could type your message in a text editor and then copy/paste it into the chat window until the root problem is fixed.

Anytime, happy to help.

Cheers.
Hey boon I appreciate the response. While that would suffice for the moment I don't think its worth the effort. I tried going in there again and the cursor jumped while saying my first line...  hello... it came out as elloH... I think I'm done using it until someone can fix it. Though I don't know if they are planning on it or not.

#144    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:11 AM

View PostAus Der Box Skeptisch, on 04 May 2012 - 04:54 AM, said:

Hey boon I appreciate the response. While that would suffice for the moment I don't think its worth the effort. I tried going in there again and the cursor jumped while saying my first line...  hello... it came out as elloH... I think I'm done using it until someone can fix it. Though I don't know if they are planning on it or not.
I just jumped into the chat room and I didn't experience what you are describing.  I wonder if it might be your web browser or something else?  I'm using Firefox.  What web browser are you using?

If you are using IE, you may want to enable compatibility mode, for UM at the very least.  I recall having similar issues when I was using IE and found it very frustrating until I enabled compatibility mode.

Cheers.

#145    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

apologist by opinion

• 2,766 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:24 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 04 May 2012 - 05:11 AM, said:

I just jumped into the chat room and I didn't experience what you are describing.  I wonder if it might be your web browser or something else?  I'm using Firefox.  What web browser are you using?

If you are using IE, you may want to enable compatibility mode, for UM at the very least.  I recall having similar issues when I was using IE and found it very frustrating until I enabled compatibility mode.

Cheers.
Mobile user boon. Android.

#146    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:31 AM

View PostAus Der Box Skeptisch, on 04 May 2012 - 05:24 AM, said:

Mobile user boon. Android.
Ah...  okay then, never mind my suggestions :)

Maybe you should get a computer though...  ;)

#147    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

apologist by opinion

• 2,766 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:33 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 04 May 2012 - 05:31 AM, said:

Ah...  okay then, never mind my suggestions :)

Maybe you should get a computer though...  ;)
Lol I got one but home time is family time for me.

#148    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Commander in the Secret Space Fleet

• 24,551 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:18 AM

I've just noticed something else. If you reply by quoting something, it seems that you can't attach attachments, you can only do that by replying without quoting. This seems to add unnecessary inconvenience.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#149    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:36 PM

View Post747400, on 04 May 2012 - 08:18 AM, said:

I've just noticed something else. If you reply by quoting something, it seems that you can't attach attachments, you can only do that by replying without quoting. This seems to add unnecessary inconvenience.
After quoting click the [More Reply Options] button and you'll be able to add attachments.  :)

#150    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,011 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:49 PM

Tap/click on the arrow at the right-hand side of the thread in the topic index to take you to the last page of posts.

I'll have to look in to this one.

View Post747400, on 04 May 2012 - 08:18 AM, said:

What boon said - when you click "quote" it's still using the fast reply box at the bottom of the page, to add an attachment you need to be using the full editor which can be accessed by clicking "more reply options" or via the main "reply to this topic" button at the top right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users