Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Pope Blesses Harley Davidsons


  • Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16    freetoroam

freetoroam

    Honourary member of the UM asylum

  • Member
  • 6,788 posts
  • Joined:11 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:rivers and canals of England and Wales.

  • If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:01 PM

View PostCopen, on 19 June 2013 - 02:28 AM, said:

Yep, the Pope blessed an object, (not the riders). How absolutely foolish.

Does that mean the motorcycles will now be blessed to have a happy abundant spiritual life?

Wonder why Jesus didn't go around blessing sticks and donkeys and wells and water vessels so they can have a more spiritual life.  UGH!!!!
He did bless the riders too, it says it in the link.
it also mentions something about leather gear, I reckon thats what really caught his attention.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#17    Realm

Realm

    Member

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts
  • Joined:29 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere in our spiral galaxy

  • "The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
    Albert Einstein

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:51 AM

Geez, I can't believe he said, Lord please bless these Harleys, but to hell with the riceburners.


#18    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

    Sarcastic Muppet..!

  • Member
  • 51,196 posts
  • Joined:01 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ireland

  • "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:35 PM

View PostStar of the Sea, on 19 June 2013 - 03:56 PM, said:

Here we go again Copen... read the article and then you will see he blessed the riders as well. You won't find Roman Catholics here on UM dumbing down other peoples faith and that say's a lot Copen, just something to think about.


You go girl...  good for you.. It's about time Catholics stood up for themselves against bitter folk

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#19    Star of the Sea

Star of the Sea

    Pienso en ti siempre

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts
  • Joined:10 Jan 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:England

  • 'The light of the world'

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:05 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 20 June 2013 - 01:35 PM, said:

You go girl...  good for you.. It's about time Catholics stood up for themselves against bitter folk

Thanks BM :) . It get's really frustrating reading all the rubbish about the Catholic faith on here and how it seems to be put down all the time. I know there are problems with the RCC but some of the stuff posted on here is just unfair or uncalled for.. just like Copen's post :td:

"Love one another as I have loved you" John 15:9-17

#20    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 12,151 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:10 PM

Blessing of the bikes is not a new thing. Maybe just not heard of unless you ride with clubs, or in poker runs.

Most of us also have/had these :

God, I miss my bike......


THE LEGEND OF THE BELL*


As we all know, life has many mysteries that have no apparent solutions. One of these is Evil Road Spirits. They are little gremlins that live on your bike. They love to ride. They're also responsiblefor most of your bike's problems. Sometimes your turn signals refuse to work, or the battery goes dead.

Road Spirits can't live in the presence of a bell. They get trapped in the hallow of the bell. Among other things, their hearing is supersensitive. The constant ring of the bell and the confined space drives them insane. They lose their grip and eventually fall to the roadway. (Have you ever wondered how potholes are formed?) The bell has served its purpose. If you have picked up a bell of your own, the magic will work. But if your bell was given to you, the power has been doubled, and you know that somewhere you have a special friend helping to look after you.
So, if you have a friend that doesn't have a bell, why not be the person to give them one? It's a nice feeling for the recipient to know you personally cared. The, plus a good preventive maintenance program by the bike's owner, will help eliminate the Evil Road Spirits.






Posted Image

Edited by Sakari, 20 June 2013 - 06:39 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#21    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

    Sarcastic Muppet..!

  • Member
  • 51,196 posts
  • Joined:01 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ireland

  • "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:11 PM

View PostStar of the Sea, on 20 June 2013 - 06:05 PM, said:

Thanks BM :) . It get's really frustrating reading all the rubbish about the Catholic faith on here and how it seems to be put down all the time. I know there are problems with the RCC but some of the stuff posted on here is just unfair or uncalled for.. just like Copen's post :td:

I know, sometimes some other religious people can act so bitter about other faiths..It's so bitter that Jesus himself couldn't help them...

I really wish the Catholics of the board would take a stand and don't take any guff from other religious and non religious people..

From what I have seen over time, the anti Catholicism folk are brutal and have the nerve to call themselves true followers of Jesus? A true follower would strive to ACT like Jesus, not act bitter person with a chip on their shoulder... ..  .Following Christ is not about putting each other down, slam other religious leaders and their church, and acting like you know better..I call that arrogance with a side order of pride..and we all know what pride is.in the bible !!

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 20 June 2013 - 07:12 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#22    Star of the Sea

Star of the Sea

    Pienso en ti siempre

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts
  • Joined:10 Jan 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:England

  • 'The light of the world'

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:24 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 20 June 2013 - 07:11 PM, said:

I know, sometimes some other religious people can act so bitter about other faiths..It's so bitter that Jesus himself couldn't help them...

I really wish the Catholics of the board would take a stand and don't take any guff from other religious and non religious people..

From what I have seen over time, the anti Catholicism folk are brutal and have the nerve to call themselves true followers of Jesus? A true follower would strive to ACT like Jesus, not act bitter person with a chip on their shoulder... ..  .Following Christ is not about putting each other down, slam other religious leaders and their church, and acting like you know better..I call that arrogance with a side order of pride..and we all know what pride is.in the bible !!

You know BM what you say is so true. The thing with me is I respect everyone's faith, even if I don't agree with it. I understand people giving their opinions but slamming their faith is wrong or just having a 'pop' for the sake of it, is not good JIMO. Anyhow had my say lol! Hope you and the kiddies are keeping well :st

"Love one another as I have loved you" John 15:9-17

#23    RadicalGnostic

RadicalGnostic

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Joined:10 Nov 2006
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Los Angeles

  • We are all children of the same Universe.

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:19 AM

Still love to see American products overseas.

Edited by RadicalGnostic, 19 July 2013 - 03:21 AM.

Posted Image

#24    Copen

Copen

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Joined:15 May 2011

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:20 PM

View PostStar of the Sea, on 20 June 2013 - 09:24 PM, said:

You know BM what you say is so true. The thing with me is I respect everyone's faith, even if I don't agree with it. I understand people giving their opinions but slamming their faith is wrong or just having a 'pop' for the sake of it, is not good JIMO. Anyhow had my say lol! Hope you and the kiddies are keeping well :st

Everybody worshipping as they choose under their own tree in the Old Testament is what made God mad enough to punish Israel. Jesus put down the priests for not worshipping correctly. That should be the goal for every Christian to seek truth.

Did not say anything to be hurtful but to make others ask, how different is this from the way the apostles taught? Blessing a Ford or a motorcycle is a perversion of worship in truth.


#25    Copen

Copen

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Joined:15 May 2011

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:23 PM

View PostSakari, on 20 June 2013 - 06:10 PM, said:

Blessing of the bikes is not a new thing. Maybe just not heard of unless you ride with clubs, or in poker runs.

Most of us also have/had these :

God, I miss my bike......




THE LEGEND OF THE BELL*



As we all know, life has many mysteries that have no apparent solutions. One of these is Evil Road Spirits. They are little gremlins that live on your bike. They love to ride. They're also responsiblefor most of your bike's problems. Sometimes your turn signals refuse to work, or the battery goes dead.

Road Spirits can't live in the presence of a bell. They get trapped in the hallow of the bell. Among other things, their hearing is supersensitive. The constant ring of the bell and the confined space drives them insane. They lose their grip and eventually fall to the roadway. (Have you ever wondered how potholes are formed?) The bell has served its purpose. If you have picked up a bell of your own, the magic will work. But if your bell was given to you, the power has been doubled, and you know that somewhere you have a special friend helping to look after you.
So, if you have a friend that doesn't have a bell, why not be the person to give them one? It's a nice feeling for the recipient to know you personally cared. The, plus a good preventive maintenance program by the bike's owner, will help eliminate the Evil Road Spirits.






Posted Image

Where ever you got your information of where gremlins and other evil spirits hide in bells and how to throw them off is just make believe. Doesn't come from the Bible.


#26    Star of the Sea

Star of the Sea

    Pienso en ti siempre

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts
  • Joined:10 Jan 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:England

  • 'The light of the world'

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:27 PM

View PostCopen, on 19 July 2013 - 07:20 PM, said:

Everybody worshipping as they choose under their own tree in the Old Testament is what made God mad enough to punish Israel. Jesus put down the priests for not worshipping correctly. That should be the goal for every Christian to seek truth.

Did not say anything to be hurtful but to make others ask, how different is this from the way the apostles taught? Blessing a Ford or a motorcycle is a perversion of worship in truth.

Copen,

Why are you evading what the truth of the article said? :no:

"Love one another as I have loved you" John 15:9-17

#27    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

    Sarcastic Muppet..!

  • Member
  • 51,196 posts
  • Joined:01 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ireland

  • "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:39 PM

View PostStar of the Sea, on 19 July 2013 - 07:27 PM, said:

Copen,

Why are you evading what the truth of the article said? :no:

Copen blanked out the part where the Pope blessed the bikers...He is focused on   - Its an ...OBJECT... lol

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#28    Star of the Sea

Star of the Sea

    Pienso en ti siempre

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts
  • Joined:10 Jan 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:England

  • 'The light of the world'

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:40 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 19 July 2013 - 11:39 PM, said:

Copen blanked out the part where the Pope blessed the bikers...He is focused on   - Its an ...OBJECT... lol

Methinks he is winding me up lol! Anyhow, carry on Copen, whatever rocks your boat :whistle:

Edited by Star of the Sea, 20 July 2013 - 08:41 PM.

"Love one another as I have loved you" John 15:9-17

#29    Copen

Copen

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Joined:15 May 2011

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:29 AM

My response to:
"Here we go again Copen... read the article and then you will see he blessed the riders as well. You won't find Roman Catholics here on UM dumbing down other peoples faith and that say's a lot Copen, just something to think about. "
and also:

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 19 July 2013 - 11:39 PM, said:

Copen blanked out the part where the Pope blessed the bikers...He is focused on   - Its an ...OBJECT... lol


Inside the Tabernacle and the Temples in the first room were three pieces of furniture. The alter in incense was in front of the veil separating that room, The Holy Place, from the Holy of Holies. The priests were to take burning coals from the outside sacrificial alter and place in this small alter of incense. As the smoke raised heavenly, the prayers of the priests for the Jewish congregations ascended to God.

At one point God got mad because "strange fire," (strange prayers) was being placed in the alter of incense. He didn't say part of the strange fire was bad. The whole thing was bad.

I did not ignore that the riders of the motorbikes were also blessed in that prayer. But blessing the motorbike itself is strange and therefore annuls the whole prayer. Our prayers should be following the examples given us in the Bible. There is no such thing as blessing bells and other such objects. And it gives more glory to demons and evil spirits and tears down defenses the Bible says we are to use - - - the inspired word. The priest that prays for blessings for a bike rider and then adds these make-believe tales is strange fire.

If a glass of milk is rank and spoiled, the rest of milk in the container it came from is also spoiled. Throw out the whole thing.

God bless us all is my prayer.

Edited by Copen, 01 August 2013 - 02:31 AM.


#30    redhen

redhen

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,825 posts
  • Joined:14 Aug 2005
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Samsara

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:49 AM

In this case, the Pope's blessing takes a back seat to the best NASCAR prayer ever. It's been Songified to perfection.







0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users