Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Two new occurances since I was last here

Abominable Snowman

I was taking a shower when small black things were floating in the air around me and shot up to the ceiling. I looked up and nothing. My first thought was: bats. Well they were smallish and appeared to be flapping wings. I also saw small black spots outside the shower door too. But coming out of it, there was nothing there. On a similar note, I opened the cupboard in the kitchen not too long after this incident, and there were swarms of flies coming out of it. I blinked a couple of times and they again, were gone. Maybe I really do need my head examined???!

The other thing that happened to me was I was coming into the computer room (where I am now) *shiver* and I was about to close the door when what looked like a small fluffy black and white dog came running in before I managed to close it. My whole body tightened and I gasped and I just looked at the door and the space a while seized up before turning back to nothing. Yes, it perfectly matched my late dog, Ricky. And yes he always came in rooms with me just at the last minute or would be scratching at the door to get in. But surely I wouldn't be feeling such impending doom with his presence?

The last one did scare me more as I heard him coming in too (the floorboards are loose under the carpet). At least I assumed it was him-black on top white underneath fluffy all over. That would of been my first apparition of him if it were to be true like. It went fast as wasn't expecting it and it took my mind a while to register what the heck it was but it then occurred to me THAT WAS A DOG.

Anyway, yes, please help me out. Thanks.

The first ones I would assume are shadows moving in your perriferal vision as for the dog, I know your dog is something that is emotionally very dear to you and since it passed has been the subject of some emotional turmoil.

Possibly in your grief you've imagined the dog to be there.

Similar to someone seeing the spirit of a loved one.

The first ones I would assume are shadows moving in your perriferal vision as for the dog, I know your dog is something that is emotionally very dear to you and since it passed has been the subject of some emotional turmoil.

Possibly in your grief you've imagined the dog to be there.

Similar to someone seeing the spirit of a loved one.

Thank you for responding and though I appreciate your theory, perriferal vision is a bit different than hearing it and well I wasn't looking directly at it but at the door as I was closing it so I could see a lot of the object as it appeared. It took me by such surprise, I tensed up. Surely that wasn't over a blur.

Oh you heard the black things flapping also?

Hey again, no i was referring to the noise of the 'dog' when coming into the room.

If it's shadow creatures then get new lighting. Get those 'daylight bulbs' that give off an intense slightly blue tinged light. Also consider getting a flashlight (I use a Fenix TK-15) and using to get rid of the shadow creatures. I found that new bulbs and the flashlight sorted my problem out. Previously I had only been using old 40Watt incandescent bulbs that gave out a week yellow/orange light and I think the shadow creatures can live in that kind of light. Of course it could just have been tiredness and some sort of mental health issue that was causing an hallucination so don't rule that out.

• Like 1

A shower is not an uncommon place to see things that aren't there. The steam and shadow play, can combine to create this. Your mind will always be working to identify it's environment and seek to "label" what it is seeing, sometimes it will get it wrong momentarily - if you identify or fascinate with what it momentarily presented you, it can create a long term delusion in your perception.

The same applies with sudden sounds, it will seek what those sounds usually meant in the past - which is why so many people "hear gunshots" whenever there is a loud bang, they see so much of it on TV etc that their mind automatically decides for them, when they think it through they realise it could be many other things also.

I have "seen" spiders that weren't there and things running past me that weren't there too. I have low blood pressure, put me in a hot environment such as a steamy shower and I can get quite dizzy and see spots before my eyes, sometimes they look like actual creatures or objects but I know it's the effects of the heat on my mind, I ignore them.

• Like 1

Two brilliant replies, it feels great to get an understanding of what could be going on and relieved to know its nothing to be worried about. Thank you both, although i do of course wish what i did see in the computer room WAS my dog of course :( miss him terribly.

And the black things i saw reminded me of those creatures from the movie, 'My neighbour Totoro'- those little dust mites, wouldn't bother me if they were as cute mind.