Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

PS4 or Xbox One

F3SS

PS4 or Xbox One  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which one will you buy?

2. 2. When?

Honestly if any gets a Xbox One then they are an ass.

No one should want to give those people money, they so screwed all of us until they realized that PS4 was going to get all the money. So last minute Xbox one has been changing everything. For example Xbox one was going to make it so you cant share used games. ****ers.

And xbox one makes you pay extra for having Netflix, the xbox live cost and now a extra fee for using netlix on xbox live

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

This is how it was until Xbox realized no one would buy it. A lot of it is still accurate though.

funny-xbox-one-or-ps4-meme.jpg

006617aeecb0ee4dd68cadd29315ab47.jpg

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 4

I'd get a PS4 if I was still into gaming.. Until then I'll stick with Nintendo.

As a former Xbox fanboy; owning the original Xbox and playing Halo 2 on XBL and owning several Xbox 360's, I agree with Max in that Microsoft got outplayed by Sony this time. Also having owned a Playstation and PS2; still playing my friend's Playstation 2 (I've never owned a PS3), I can say that Sony and Microsoft both make excellent games and titles for their respective consoles. Xbox is known for titles like Fable and Gears of War which are exclusive - like Sony is with titles like Uncharted, Resistance: Fall of a Man, or Killzone. It makes for good marketing and genres are considered for each gaming audience: platform, RPG, FPS, etc and are released by different gaming companies (like Infinity Ward for Xbox and Naughty Dog for Sony) for each major company's console.. Still, with games coming out like Kingdom Hearts 3, the PS4 seems to be taking every thing you love above classic Playstation gaming and stepping it up a notch.

Edited by Hatake Kakashi
  • Like 1

wait, where is the "never, because i will never ever have the money" option? that's the one for me.

I think I'll just stick with my xbox 360... But Who needs to pay $60 a year to watch Netflix when you can just buy a $15 cable that connects your iPad/iPhone to the tv? It's far cheaper and just as easy to download the Netflix app.

This is how it was until Xbox realized no one would buy it. A lot of it is still accurate though.

funny-xbox-one-or-ps4-meme.jpg

006617aeecb0ee4dd68cadd29315ab47.jpg

• Like 1

I don't think I'll buy any consoles anymore. I've always bought playstation but after having a PS2 and PS3, I don't like that they never make the games compatible. They did with some of the very first PS3s, you could use PS2 games on them but I think it was one day after the warranty ran out(from the very first off the line PS3s bought on release day)they released a firmware update. Anyway it killed my machine right after the firmware update but I still sent it to sony to get it fixed but it didn't play PS2 games after that and any that you buy now, as far as I know, still don't. So they fazed that out.

Anyway so I had to buy another PS2 console for my son because I had given my old one away and had lots of games. So I had 2 consoles connected to my TV with cables everywhere and different controllers and the rest. It just gets too messy. So now with the PS4s coming they expect people to keep the PS3s around just to be able to play their PS3 games still? So if you have a PS2/PS3 and now a PS4(with all the games you've collected over the years)they expect you to have 3 consoles hooked up to the TV in order to play what you want. It's crazy and for that reason I wont go into consoles anymore.

So I bought my son a pc and we lan and play online together. It's so much better. When I knew the PS4 was coming out soon, a few months ago we sold 80 PS3 games to a local video store that opened up and my son made about $650. And I'm sooo glad I don't have all those games sitting around in my lounge room anymore with all those different consoles/cables just to play them. Pawnshops pay about $2 to $5 a game a few months ago and when PS4 is out you'll be lucky to get $2 a game.

So yeah no more consoles for us. I kept the PS3 for a blu ray player but I half expect sometime after the PS4 is released, a firmware update will come out that just by chance will kill my PS3 again. And if that happens I'm just buying a blu ray player.

Edited by Kazahel

I hear great things about PS4.

Same CPU - AMD but cool Operating System - BSD Unix 9.1 - they just changed the name.

Considering the high price tag on each console I'm not going to purchase one until next holiday season. I am still happy with my xbox and considering the amount of games that I have never touched, and how much the price is going to drop on them once the new gen is released, why spend 400-600 dollars.

• Like 1

I predict slow sales for the first year, dont think everyone will buy one in a ahurry

PS4 me as soon as possible, which probably won't be very soon because I'm trying to sell my place and move, and I also need a new TV. My old widescreen died, but even if it was still working it doesn't have HDMI input, which both PS4 and XB1 require.

I just prefer Sony's exclusives and controller.

All you guys are solidifying my hunch. I think Sony is going to crush the competition this round and this might be Microsoft's last hoorah. I don't know how to put it but I have the same doubtless feeling I had about the superiority and future of Blu-Ray back when people actually thought there was competition between Blu-Ray vs HD-DVD. There wasn't, obviously.

I looked at the games and the only one that interested me was the new Stryder. I guess i can wait. like i said Retron 5, it plays 9 different types of games

What is Retron 5?

Its a retro gaming system that plays NES, SNES, Genesis, Gameboy, Gameboy color,Gameboy advanced and a couple of the japanese versions of these systems. It has output through an HDMI cable and onboard clean up. If you play old games on a new TV it looks awful. But they worked to clear up the problem. Also it has hook ups for SNES and the genesis controls. So you can use there controller or older ones to get the real feel.

Its a retro gaming system that plays NES, SNES, Genesis, Gameboy, Gameboy color,Gameboy advanced and a couple of the japanese versions of these systems. It has output through an HDMI cable and onboard clean up. If you play old games on a new TV it looks awful. But they worked to clear up the problem. Also it has hook ups for SNES and the genesis controls. So you can use there controller or older ones to get the real feel.

That's pretty cool. I think I have seen that before where I get used games which also sells all those old games for $1-$5. Not a bad way to game if you're hardcore about the old days.

I pre ordered the PS4 the minute E3 was over from amazon.i got the email the next day that I will have it on launch day nov15.

Everybody that ordered it then will have it iam geting call of duty ghosts and killzone

• Like 1

All you guys are solidifying my hunch. I think Sony is going to crush the competition this round and this might be Microsoft's last hoorah. I don't know how to put it but I have the same doubtless feeling I had about the superiority and future of Blu-Ray back when people actually thought there was competition between Blu-Ray vs HD-DVD. There wasn't, obviously.

To be honest this might be the last hurrah for Console gaming entirely. I love consoles, but a multitude of factors support this. The rise of android and ios, as well as pc gaming becoming cheaper and more viable altogether.

• Like 1

Guest Nathan DiYorio

I'll be getting a Wii U before either of those other two knuckleheads, and a PS3 when they pricedrop. For now it looks like my system of choice for the generation is the 3DS, and I think I'll be sticking mainly to PC for other games.

The most recent thing I bought? An Atari Flashback.

Yeah the 3Ds is awesome and the games for it are cheaper. That is why I am in no hurry for the PS4

• Like 1

I just grabbed the new Arkham Origins. Quite possibly the last PS3 game I'll ever buy. Can't think of a better way to end an era.

Edited by F3SS

I'll be getting a Wii U before either of those other two knuckleheads, and a PS3 when they pricedrop. For now it looks like my system of choice for the generation is the 3DS, and I think I'll be sticking mainly to PC for other games.

The most recent thing I bought? An Atari Flashback.

While I agree with you about PC gaming, don't pretend the Wii u is somehow better than the other too. Definitely the worst system nintendo has put out since the virtual boy. No third party support, yet again, The first party games that are coming out are shadows of their prime iterations and they finally casualized 3D mario. Last good nintendo system was the gamecube.