Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 2 votes

'Skunk ape' filmed in Mississippi woods

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#151    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,122 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:05 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 02 December 2013 - 08:40 PM, said:

Now that is an odd one! You said "finally removed it" (post#139). Was it there for awhile? There are blond colored black bears and bears in VA. But I don't have to tell you that.
Cinnamon bears is what they're called I think. It was in a bad spot, hard to get to, and it's illegal to stop on a bridge overpass in Virginia. I wouldn't have thought twice about stopping to get a close-up looksy if it were anywhere else. Yeah it layed there from Monday morning till the following Sunday night when I saw the state trooper behind it. It was night time and I could see him filling out paperwork because he had his inside light on. The next day, when I went by, it was gone and I said "hallaluja".

It was obviously large (adult human-sized or larger)? Yes?
Average human size. 5'6" or so but no larger. Dimensions were within average human range.

What about it said "not a bear" to you?
Hair not fur. Hair was longer on the head than the rest of the body. It had a human type head, torso, legs. Legs seemed a bit skinny in comparison to the rest of the body. Torso was robust. It looked exactly like a person laying there, only covered in blonde hair with a reddish tint about 2 inches or so long.

Could you see the feet? Or hands?
Never could get a good enough look at it see if had hands and feet. I just remember it looked odd enough to contemplate getting in trouble with the law over, and was glad it was gone when it was removed. Boring I know, but I would like to know for a fact what it was. I'll never know.

Posted Image

#152    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:47 PM

What he described was compelling and I wonder what it actually was.

#153    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,122 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:09 AM

If'n I had it to do over again though, I'd figure out a way. But Like QC, we didn't look.

Posted Image

#154    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:37 AM

Yeah, there's a lot of things that I'd do different if I had the chance to do them over again myself.

It's kind of funny, back when I lived in Georgia, I lived in an area that has had a lot of sightings now. And in all my hiking and hunting in that area I never saw a track or saw one. I did have that smell I encountered, but that was it.

#155    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,122 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:50 PM

I've never seen, experienced, nor heard of anything unusual (muchless a bf) being in my neck of the woods. But that all changed. I have good reason to suspect there is something undiscovered out there, I just don't know for a fact what it is.

Posted Image

#156    Scheming B

Scheming B

Adapt to Survive

• 4,328 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:12 AM

WHat changed?

Peace does nothing to test strength

#157    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:26 AM

View PostStardrive, on 04 December 2013 - 03:50 PM, said:

I've never seen, experienced, nor heard of anything unusual (muchless a bf) being in my neck of the woods. But that all changed. I have good reason to suspect there is something undiscovered out there, I just don't know for a fact what it is.

I hope one day to join you, maybe together we can shed light.....or at least share an experience. :tsu:

#158    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,122 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:13 PM

View PostKelevra, on 05 December 2013 - 01:12 AM, said:

WHat changed?
Hi Kelevra, when I went out to see for myself I got lucky and learned some new things from an unknown source.

View Postkeninsc, on 05 December 2013 - 05:26 AM, said:

I hope one day to join you, maybe together we can shed light.....or at least share an experience. :tsu:
That would be cool. I can put you within a few miles of where jtheat had his alleged encounter. All this is nothing but text on a computer screen, there's nothing like seeing for yourself.

Posted Image

#159    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:54 PM

View PostStardrive, on 05 December 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

Hi Kelevra, when I went out to see for myself I got lucky and learned some new things from an unknown source.

That would be cool. I can put you within a few miles of where jtheat had his alleged encounter. All this is nothing but text on a computer screen, there's nothing like seeing for yourself.
Works for me!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users