Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Earthquake prediction. (Christchurch N.Z.)

Kismit

For those people who have been following the Christchurch Earthquake. Or for those of you, like me who had heard of the Moon man before this. Or even for those of you who find the prediction of the Earths movements interesting. Read this. I think it's the perfect topic for U.M.

I had heard about Ken Ring years ago and his theories do actually seem to predict different weather paterns and earth events. I don't believe he has anyway of profiting from this prediction, but I do predict many people will leave Christchurch between the 18th and 22nd of March

Source: IOL News

Source:

Ken Ring's website

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kismit

• dazdillinjah

• Sakari

• Doug1029

I had heard about Ken Ring years ago and his theories do actually seem to predict different weather paterns and earth events. I don't believe he has anyway of profiting from this prediction, but I do predict many people will leave Christchurch between the 18th and 22nd of March

Today is the 8th. Only 10 to 14 days to go.

My birthday is the 29th. Will I be here to celebrate it? Guess I'll have to wait and see.

Doug

I don't believe he has anyway of profiting from this prediction

Source:

Ken Ring's website

From his site below.....And that is the cheaper one.

Forecasts

One Month Forecast-sample-icon-20091023-022640.gif NZD $30.50 More

That would be his almanacs and weather guides which he has sold quite succesfully for at least the last 8 years without having to stoop to sensationalism. It also pays to remark on the fact that he does not solicit interviews he is always invited. And he is an incredibly interesting man to watch. I'm not saying this prediction is true. But I am posting it to U.M. for it's interest sake.

and Doug. If you're in Christchurch I hope you and your family are all o.k.

Edited by Kismit
spelling. Curse my speedy typing

That would be his almanacs and weather guides which he has sold quite succesfully for at least the last 8 years without having to stoop to sensationalism. It also pays to remark on the fact that he does not solicit interviews he is always invited. And he is an incredibly interesting man to watch. I'm not saying this prediction is true. But I am posting it to U.M. for it's interest sake.

and Doug. If you're in Christchurch I hope you and your family are all o.k.

Do you know if he had any past predictions?

Also , is this on Paranormalcy's topic list?....The prediction thread?....Should be :tu:

Ken Ring has been writing almanacs, for years. He predicts the weather (or earth events), just like any other weather man might do. Only he has been using a formula based on planetary movements and gravitational pulls. I personaly know of several farmers and people who work out doors who have purchased Ken Rings almanacs regularly fot the last 8 years.

So yes he has made other predictions but he does not claim to be a psychic. He has some actual repeatable theories behind what he does.

Edited by Kismit

And I gave it it's own thread so that I could watch it more carefully. :)

I really hope another Earthquake doesn't happen in N.Z. anytime soon. If so I really hope it is just a little shake and not a big one. I plan on visting N.Z. sometime in the future and want to still be there all in one piece :yes:

There is till plenty of New Zealand which hasn't been effected. And it is a beautiful country to spend time in.

This is actually really old news ..just check my facebook ..however when you look at the earthquakes in Christchurch since Sept 4th you will see that Christchurch is getting approximately 1000 earthquakes per month

http://www.christchurchquakemap.co.nz/today

so Ken Rings predictions will always come through as being true until the quakes slow down which is anyones guess

If this is his first prediction he is now 0-1 ...............

No not his first prediction at all, and he isn't claiming to be psychic either. Just using his own method to calculate the most likely time for another big earthquake in Christchurch.

and he said that this month would be an active month. Japan sits on the same pacific plate as New Zealand. And the 20th hasn't happened yet so it's hardly 0-1.

Edited by Kismit

]For an earthquake to occur many factors have to come together, but sun activity, full moon and perigee are arguably the most potent, and they are all starting to chime now. Over the next 10 days a 7+ earthquake somewhere is very likely. This could also be a time for auroras in the northern hemisphere and in the southern tip of NZ. It may also be a time for whale strandings because of increases in underwater earthquakes. The 7+ is sure to be somewhere in the "Ring of Fire", where 80% of all major earthquakes seem to occur, and NZ is at the lower left of this Ring. The range of risk may be within 500kms of the Alpine Fault.[/i]

This was taken from NZ's chanel 3 news website.

You can find it HERE

Ken ring made this prediction on the 14th february. And the last Major quake for Christchurch was on the 22nd.

So definately not 0-1

Edited by Kismit

I queried Ken Rings prediction here after Feb 22nd his prediction was correct ...remember his prediction for March 2011 had a plus/minus of 4-5 days either before or after 20th March 2011

I queried Ken Rings prediction here after Feb 22nd his prediction was correct ...remember his prediction for March 2011 had a plus/minus of 4-5 days either before or after 20th March 2011

and if you look at the record of earthquakes in Christchurch region since September 4th 2010 --->

http://www.christchurchquakemap.co.nz/all

youll see there has been over 5530 (to date) which isnt much under 1000 each month & it hasnt been unusual for them to have in excess of 30 each day since then, so hes gonna be correct seeming he hasnt predicted a magnitude

lol true Dazdillinjah, he willbe correct. You can talk to anyone who has been to CHCH lately and they'll tell you the ground just doesn't stop moving.