Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paranormal Investigation Group

Detective1987

I am looking to get involved in doing more active research on Paranormal Phenomenon. I have tried to get involved with some of the well established groups in Saskatchewan with no success. So I have decided to see if there is anyone else from Saskatchewan that would be interested in forming an Investigation Group. You can reply to this forum. *Snip*

Edited by Still Waters
Removed personal info.
  • Like 1

Would love to but live too far away. Never heard of Saskatchewan before, but did google it and see its famous for sending a replica of its prized dinosaur poo to the Smithsonian Institution.

Good luck anyway.

Edited by freetoroam

I am looking to get involved in doing more active research on Paranormal Phenomenon. I have tried to get involved with some of the well established groups in Saskatchewan with no success. So I have decided to see if there is anyone else from Saskatchewan that would be interested in forming an Investigation Group. You can reply to this forum. *Snip*

Why didn't the established groups allow you to join them?

All you need is you and a few if your friends and maybe some people your friends know and just go to some cool places. Trust me it's much more fun than an established group.

Established groups does not often take outsiders unless they are in need. For it takes time to train an investigator and not everyone applying is to be trusted. Some groups may have had bad experiences with unreliable trainees and may be loth to recruit any more.

As Godofcats said, the best thing to do may be to create you own paranormal group. If you do not know people interesting to join you in your area then try to put something in your local newspaper or as you just did online.

Edited by sam_comm

Why didn't the established groups allow you to join them?

Cooties.

• Like 1

They never formally rejected an application I just never heard back after sending them an email.

They never formally rejected an application I just never heard back after sending them an email.

J/k with you, I hope you know that.

Some ppl around here have NO sense of humor.

• Like 1

I wish I was invited to a skeptics group, we could talk about... stuff

• Like 1

They never formally rejected an application I just never heard back after sending them an email

If they don't even bother to send back an email they do not seem to be serious groups. It's not like they are having 1000 emails a week unless I am very much mistaken.

I wish I was invited to a skeptics group, we could talk about... stuff

And what would you talk about?

Edited by sam_comm

it takes time to train an investigator

To do what exactly? Edited by Inn Spectre

To learn the methods and approach of the group and how they work as investigators. To learn how to use the equipments and to gain experience on the field. It takes some time and many groups are more or less willing to accept trainees unless they're really in need.

To learn the methods and approach of the group and how they work as investigators. To learn how to use the equipments and to gain experience on the field.

I'd say that's a good 20 minute's work for the slow learner.

• Like 1

I would disagree, while some may be quicker to learn (as with any activity in life) it usually take some investigations to be efficient on the field and on post-investigations according to the methods of investigations of a group. It also take some time to form a chemistry with the other members.

That is if one has no experience whatsoever on a group of paranormal investigation. Otherwise slight adjustements in you approach and/or working methods might the only thing required.

Edited by sam_comm

That is if one has no experience whatsoever on a group of paranormal investigation. Otherwise slight adjustements in you approach and/or working methods might the only thing required.

To do what - find more ghosts than you would have otherwise?

I would disagree, while some may be quicker to learn (as with any activity in life) it usually take some investigations to be efficient on the field and on post-investigations according to the methods of investigations of a group. It also take some time to form a chemistry with the other members.

How you would react to various situations, how you would set up the equipment and how you will review the evidences.

How you will do researches on sites and the history behind them. How you'll find interesting cases and how you'll approach the clients.

Each member would normally have specific tasks and with experiences they will get more efficient at it.

There is more works in a serious paranormal groups than you seems to imply.

Edited by sam_comm

To do what exactly?

To say " this place is haunted " in a convincing manner.

• Like 2

Yet always culminating with a ghost-count of zero.

• Like 1

Watch lights blink, needles move, from devices designed for something other then " ghosts ", and not even know how ir why they work the way they do....

Record video and audio with cameras and digital recorders anyone could use...

Spend hours watching and listening to the recordings finding audio and visual pareidolia.

Seriously, what makes anyone so serious?

If you want to convince anyone, have electrician experts, audio experts, photography and video experts, carpenter experts, pest control experts, heating and cooling experts, and maybe, just maybe, some people with PHD's, and Universities studying.

Do that, and you have a " serious group "

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 2

Watch lights blink, needles move, from devices designed for something other then " ghosts ", and not even know how ir why they work the way they do....

Record video and audio with cameras and digital recorders anyone could use...

Spend hours watching and listening to the recordings finding audio and visual pareidolia.

If you want to convince anyone, have electrician experts, audio experts, photography and video experts, carpenter experts, pest control experts, heating and cooling experts, and maybe, just maybe, some people with PHD's, and Universities studying.

Yes but that not fun, they want poor photo quality, some one muttering in during a sound recording, a bit of dust reflecting in the photo, they want to run around and go "creepy" or "spooky".

They want fun,

• Like 2

By serious groups I mean people willing to invest a considerable amount of time and money to buy high tech equipments and to investigate as best they can various locations. And if they're able to, helping people elucidate their claims and to find solutions.

I wasn't refering to a group of teenagers running wild in cemeteries at night that's not what I consider to be serious.

You know, it is not uncommon for paranormal groups to have an ''expert'' such as a professional photographer or a computer techincian for exemple but what you refered to a ''team of Experts'' investigating the paranormal would be very interesting but very hard to gather in normal circumstances. It could be realistic in a financed research led by Scientists but I've not seen that as far as I am concerned.

In the meantime, it is passionate people from all professions and background who investigate for all kind of reasons: For fun, to seek answers, to prove or to help people. They do what they can with the ressources they have and some more efficently and professionally than others.

Yet always culminating with a ghost-count of zero.

That's your opinion but as far as I am concerned I've seen interesting evidences and heard various accounts or credible witnesses and I am inclined to think that legetimate phenomenon do occur. We do not comprehend it but personally, I found difficult to deny all that has been documented for years and years.

Edited by sam_comm