Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shoplifting Mother Killed by Walmart Security

notoverrated

Where are we now in this country? First that there is so little respect for the law that people -even poor or homeless -think it's okay to steal and when caught, fight with the cops? And THEN cops that are so without discipline that they lose perspective and take a human LIFE over something stolen from -A WALMART!?!

Imagine what things look like if the economy really crashes and suddenly you have hungry people out there with crying children.

• Like 8

What I gathered (from the video) was that the woman was shot because she was attempting to run down the security officer. Theft is one thing, attempting to run over a cop is another. I highly suspect this event will be analyzed to the max. If it's found that the officer should not have fired on the woman, he'll most certainly pay the price for his action.

• Like 7

What I gathered (from the video) was that the woman was shot because she was attempting to run down the security officer. Theft is one thing, attempting to run over a cop is another. I highly suspect this event will be analyzed to the max. If it's found that the officer should not have fired on the woman, he'll most certainly pay the price for his action.

I considered that angle but they didn't make that accusation specifically - though I'm sure it will surface if it's true - they just said he fired after the car began to move. The behavior by the women was outrageous but not deserving of an execution. I could certainly see how this officer could have been enraged over their behavior. I'd have been incredulous myself. People seem to think that the world owes them something these days and if "it" isn't willing to pony up, well they'll just take what they want. They deserve to be in jail if they did what is alleged. But not dead.
  • Like 1

So now the kids are traumatized after having their mother blown away by security cops.

What I found disturbing was the harsh, racist and totally callous comments made by people who seen the video.

I just couldn't believe the venomous hatred, racism and mind numbing ignorance displayed by the people who posted comments.

Sad, just sad and nauseating. It's all too easy to take a life and people will use any reason under the sun to justify it too.

• Like 5

Walmart security guards are given guns?!

Next thing you know the school crossing guards will be packing heat and maybe even librarians too. Is this what constitutes a "civilized" society now days? :no:

• Like 1

naturally though, a librarian's gun would have a silencer on it.

Yeah..don't want people turning around going "SHHHHHHH!" :w00t:

• Like 2

If you watched the video it was the Sheriff's Deputy that shot the thief. Don't steal you won't get shot......a toy ain't worth dying for.

If you watched the video it was the Sheriff's Deputy that shot the thief. Don't steal you won't get shot......a toy ain't worth dying for.

i totally agree, but i would like to point out that some people think it's ok to shoot and kill someone who takes things from their home.

is this different?

Edited by JGirl

Neither is it worth killing for though. IF they weren't actually trying to drive him over then he could have just recorded the license # and pick them up later. If the CCTV doesn't prove his version he is going to be in big, big trouble. I support law enforcement but I don't think they are perfect.
  • Like 2

He shot at a car with kids in it. He could have hit anyone in the car if it was moving. That's the thing that upsets me the most. Right in front of them is not cool, ever, nor will it teach them respect for authority. Walmart has security cameras inside and outside of their stores covering all entrances and the parking lots and they should show what happened. The broadcast doesn't say they tried to run over the security officer or that they were going in his direction. The security officer didn't say that either, only that one woman hit him with her purse when he tried to stop them from leaving the store. They could have just enlarged the security film showing the make and license number of the car and sent police with a warrant to the owner's home. The altercation would be grounds for arrest and in-store cameras would have recorded what was stolen. This could have been handled much better than it was.

• Like 4

Neither is it worth killing for though. IF they weren't actually trying to drive him over then he could have just recorded the license # and pick them up later. If the CCTV doesn't prove his version he is going to be in big, big trouble. I support law enforcement but I don't think they are perfect.

Nobody said they were, but when the cops tell you to stop, do what the nice policeman tells you......oh but i was trying to get away with the stuff I was stealing. Then odds are you're going to die a really stupid death. That's life or rather how life sometimes ends.

• Like 1

I didn't say they were perfect, but then I wasn't there and now we'll have to see what the result of the shooting investigation is.

• Like 1

He shot at a car with kids in it. He could have hit anyone in the car if it was moving. That's the thing that upsets me the most. Right in front of them is not cool, ever, nor will it teach them respect for authority. Walmart has security cameras inside and outside of their stores covering all entrances and the parking lots and they should show what happened. The broadcast doesn't say they tried to run over the security officer or that they were going in his direction. The security officer didn't say that either, only that one woman hit him with her purse when he tried to stop them from leaving the store. They could have just enlarged the security film showing the make and license number of the car and sent police with a warrant to the owner's home. The altercation would be grounds for arrest and in-store cameras would have recorded what was stolen. This could have been handled much better than it was.

Agreed, however the woman made the decision to take them with her when she was going to commit a crime, so she has to bear the responsibility for that......posthumously in this case. Everyone can second guess what happened and the fact is we don't know what all happened because this story already has errors in it to begin with. Now we have to wait and see what the result of the shooting investigation turns out.

some of these cops/guards/border patrol agents are just too quick to decide to use deadly force rather than think things through, just in november of this year a border patrol agent shot inside vehicle of lady when she picked him up on hood of car and car started moving and she died. Seems like this time this lady wasn't running over this off duty deputy so he should not be justified in shooting her, too often police or deputies get justified for doing things the court should find them Unjustified in but the court always love to be on the cops side. I bet if they were white girls he would not have shot at them and just pursued them or called it in.

• Like 1

Yeah, but often life or death is determined in a fraction of a second and there's not always time to sit around, smoke a bowl full and ponder the deeper side of things. Everyone else can do that after the fact but no one was there to help make the call when it came down to it. Not saying the shoot was good or not, all I know is what I've seen posted here and it's full of mistakes.

Nobody said they were, but when the cops tell you to stop, do what the nice policeman tells you......oh but i was trying to get away with the stuff I was stealing. Then odds are you're going to die a really stupid death. That's life or rather how life sometimes ends.

Guy you can dress it up any way you like but in this case I think it's still going to be a pig. This trained peace officer killed a citizen for stealing merchandise from a Walmart. IF she was trying to run him down then he was fully justified, if she wasn't then he over reacted. To give it a little perspective. I recently read a report of a group of activists in several Spanish cities that pulled a coordinated "heist" of a particular grocery store chain. Groups of people went in and filled many shopping carts with food, diapers, water, juices etc. and then formed lines and simply walked out. Unemployment in Spain is over 30% and they decided they were going to help the needy. Now this isn't a perfect comparison because these women were allegedly stealing "stuff" - presumably Christmas gifts though it's not mentioned. But when it becomes justified to actually risk taking a person's life over trash from a Walmart then we've crossed a line, I think. We've allowed lawlessness from our president down to the least citizens for years now and it seems the pendulum is swinging back - maybe a little too far.

Aren't cops trained to think rationally? Then again I didn't watch the video and don't want to, as it sounds awful. A mother gunned down infront of her child is never the right thing to do.

• Like 2

No. My brother is one. This was a real cop who does security for wal mart as extra money. My dad was a cop and he did that at wal mart and several other places

No. My brother is one. This was a real cop who does security for wal mart as extra money. My dad was a cop and he did that at wal mart and several other places

Wal Mart hires real cops, in police uniform with guns, to patrol the parking lots?

Help me, I'm Canadian.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1