Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man shot on tube

thebarman

A MAN was today shot by police at a London Underground station, Scotland Yard said.

Passengers were told to leave the train on the Northern Line at Stockwell, south London following unconfirmed reports of a suspected suicide bomber.

A witness at the scene said the man appeared dead after being shot five times by police.

Scotland Yard said: “We can confirm that just after 10am today armed officers shot a male at Stockwell underground station.”

A London Ambulance Service spokesman said an air ambulance, an ambulance and a duty station officer had been sent to the station after an emergency call.

Tube services on the Victoria and Northern lines have been suspended following a request by the police, London Underground said.

Witness Mark Whitby, speaking to BBC News 24, reported the man was shot five times at close range after he had jumped on a train.

The train was standing in the station with its doors open when the Asian man ran on, pursued by three plainclothes officers.

He tripped and was also pushed to the floor and one of the officers shot him five times.

Mr Whitby said the Asian man was dead.

Passenger Briony Coetsee, 23, said: "We were on the Tube when we suddenly heard someone say ’get out, get out’ and then we heard gunshots - someone was shooting.

"Somebody in plain clothes who I thought was a civilian cop had his gun out and started shooting and told us to get out."

A large area around Stockwell Tube Station, an interchange for the Northern and Victoria lines in south London, was cordoned off and traffic approaching the area ground to a halt.

An ambulance and several police cars were also at the scene and sirens were heard blaring in every direction.

Chris Wells, a 28-year-old company manager, said he was travelling on the Victoria Line towards Vauxhall when he left the train at Stockwell.

He saw about 20 police officers, some of them armed, rushing into the station before a man jumped over the barriers with police giving chase.

He said: "There were at least 20 of them (officers) and they were carrying big black guns.

"The next thing I saw was this guy jump over the barriers and the police officers were chasing after him and everyone was just shouting ’get out, get out”’.

Christopher Scaglione, 35, a fashion designer, was also on a Victoria Line Tube train shortly before the incident.

He said: "The train didn’t stop at Vauxhall and so I got out at Stockwell.

"I was just on my way out when I heard at first a little bang, not like a

bomb more like a gun, and then people were shouting.

"People then started to run and I heard two or three more bangs like people shooting."

Yesterday, police launched a manhunt for the four bombers behind the failed attempt to cause carnage in the capital.

They were scouring CCTV footage from the scene in an attempt to identify the attackers and using the accounts of witnesses - some of whom tried to tackle the bombers as they fled - to build up a picture of what happened.

Officers also stepped up their presence on the London transport system as commuters made their way to work by bus, Tube and train this morning.

===================================

Source The Sun Online

Lets hope the guy actually had a bomb, or this will look really bad.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raptor

• Commander CMG

• Scar

• morpheas

Just sen it on the sky news ,as you say hears hoping it is a terrorist or there could be bad repocutions,saying that the man was wearing a thick black padded jacket,pretty weird clothing in this type of hot weather

Lets hope that the person who was shot was a terrorist and not an "innocent" civilian.

747675[/snapback]

If obviously want not an 'innocent civilian'.

Plain clothed officers were after him, pursuing him. They were armed.

Maybe not directly linked to the man shot, but I will post it here anyway...

There is a 'massive police presence' on Harrow Road in London, accompanied by trained snipers and bomb disposal units. Thats an odd 1min walk from where my family live angry.gif

There is a 'massive police presence' on Harrow Road in London, accompanied by trained snipers and bomb disposal units. Thats an odd 1min walk from where my family live  angry.gif

747850[/snapback]

Are you complaining about the police?? Or are you worried there are terrorists near you? huh.gif

There is a 'massive police presence' on Harrow Road in London, accompanied by trained snipers and bomb disposal units. Thats an odd 1min walk from where my family live  angry.gif

747850[/snapback]

Are you complaining about the police?? Or are you worried there are terrorists near you? huh.gif

747867[/snapback]

LMAO. Im worried in case something happened.

Hate to say this but I have a feeling more is going to happen. I even think that they may starting hitting us again in the U.S. Hopefully we can get to them all in time before to many innocent people are killed.

As far as the guy they shot. I doubt he was innocent. If I had an overcoat on in the middle of summer and start running from the cops, especially when security is on high alert, I deserve to be shot.

he was one of the terrorists that chickened out yesterday.

the police had cctv footage of him and overnight found out where he lived.

this morning they were waiting for him.

they followed him in the hope that he would lead them to other terrorists.

when he got to stockwell tube station they challenged him. For some reason they didn't want him on the underground, can't think why, can you ?

when he was challenged he ran

BLAMMO

scratch one terrorist

they got to be getting short of personell by now.

this guy chickened out yesterday and didn't have explosives on him today.

thats why i would imagine theres a large police presence in the harrow road

its where he lived

press conference in 17 minutes

thumbsup.gif

you know whats annoyed em.

yhe bloody muslim council are complaining that the policy might have a "shoot to kill policy" so bloody what .

an if the muslim council dont like it they can kiss my hairy ass .

are they so stupid to think taht an injured man couldnt still set of a bomb , becuas ethe bombers are on a bomb to kill policy .

so angry.....

yhe bloody muslim council are complaining that the policy might have a "shoot to kill policy" so bloody what .

an if the muslim council dont like it they can kiss my hairy ass .

are they so stupid to think taht an injured man couldnt still set of a bomb , becuas ethe bombers are on a bomb to kill policy .

so angry.....

747949[/snapback]

I think the complaints from the moslem council may quiet a little now that a terrorsist was shot dead in stockwell.

thats their turf

We have to let the terrorists know they can't win. we also have to let them know they are not immune. Perhaps if we publically execute a few more the message will get across...

There is a shoot to kill policy regardless to race or religion, Muslims are no acception and if the Muslim council don't keep quiet they will raise racial tensions to a level not seen before.

Ohh yes, bring back the good old tradition of public executions original.gif Should it cost anything to attend or will it be free?

On a more serious note, I doubt this person was innocent, you usually dont run from the police if you are innocent, especially not on a day like today when the police is bound to be extra vigilant.

It has been said now, at least three times, that it is likely that the man was the terroist from yesterday.

Therefore, if so, he deserved to die.

That is exactly right Ed, and no one would disagree with that.

Terrorists/ suspect terrorists have to be dealt with. Plain and simple. We're living in a world where we can do very little to defend ourselves, otherwise we are accused of being racist/ prejudiced/ politically incorrect etc. The problem is, if we don't start getting behind the people that actually CAN stop terrorism (e.g. police, secret service) we're going to be in serious trouble...

and if the muslim council dont like it they can kiss my hairy ass .

are they so stupid to think taht an injured man couldnt still set of a bomb , becuase the bombers are on a bomb to kill policy .

747949[/snapback]

If Muslims want to be treated equally, than they should abide by our rules.

But saying that, you then have the problem of Muslims wanting to have their say about what policies we have, and if the government refuses that; things will get complicated.

Edited by T-Nemesis

come on folks ,abide by our rules grin2.gif some of us have had ideas like that for months if not longer ,and we have been accused of being racist no.gif sounds like a different tune is being played know ,after the bombings

Weird that the same people that were bashing my posts after 9/11 have changed their minds,is it because it happened ON AMERICAN SOIL AND NOT OURS

if your referring to me , then quote me once , where ive sed that we shouldnt be anything vut deadly when it comes to an incident like this.

i dare you to find a quote.

just because you cannot have dynamic views on a subject isnt my fault.

none of my views have changed , go through EVERY one of my posts.

the same came up after the beslan seige.

go warden.

if your referring to me , then quote me once , where ive sed that we shouldnt be anything vut deadly when it comes to an incident like this.

i dare you to find a quote.

just because you cannot have dynamic views on a subject isnt my fault.

none of my views have changed , go through EVERY one of my posts.

the same came up after the beslan seige.

go warden.

748014[/snapback]

Who the hell said it was about you blink.gif dont flatter your tiny self tut tut

I go through every one of everyones posts so i can see up to date where everyone is on the thread ,what are you on?

there you go with the insults again.

are completley devoid of the ability to not act like a grade a pillock at every oportunity?

i think an overwheling yes is the answer to that question.