Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * - - 2 votes

Congrats to Pres. Obama on his reelection


  • Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#16    ohio_traveler

ohio_traveler

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts
  • Joined:07 Feb 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:25 PM

I know several people who collect SSI disability who are more than capable of working.  Sometimes I wish they'd lose a limb in a horrible car crash so they'd have a legit reason to collect their free money.

They make me sick !!


#17    Varelse

Varelse

    Unanimous Animous

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts
  • Joined:11 Oct 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Above the left and right.

  • The deterioration of every government begins with the decay of the principles upon which it was founded. -Montesquieu

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:52 PM

View PostClyde the Glyde, on 10 July 2012 - 06:25 PM, said:

I know several people who collect SSI disability who are more than capable of working.  Sometimes I wish they'd lose a limb in a horrible car crash so they'd have a legit reason to collect their free money.

They make me sick !!

report them.

http://oig.ssa.gov/r...-waste-or-abuse

God is neither a Christian, a Jew, a Muslim or any other 'self ordained' entity.
We hold these truths to be self-evident.

#18    ninjadude

ninjadude

    Seeker of truths

  • Member
  • 11,047 posts
  • Joined:11 Sep 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Illinois

  • "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:42 AM

View PostBama13, on 10 July 2012 - 05:26 PM, said:

Sorry, but he promised "change", so where is it?

here
  • Obama has overhauled the food safety system
  • Advanced women's rights in the work place
  • Ended Don't Ask, Don't Tell (DADT) in our military
  • Stopped defending DOMA in court.
  • Passed the Hate Crimes bill.
  • Appointed two pro-choice women to the Supreme Court.
  • Expanded access to medical care and provided subsidies for people who can't afford it.
  • Expanded the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
  • Fixed the preexisting conditions travesty [and rescissions] in health insurance.
  • Invested in clean energy.
  • Overhauled the credit card industry, making it much more consumer-friendly.
  • While Dodd-Frank bill was weak in many respects, it was still an extremely worthwhile start at re-regulating the financial sector.
  • He created a Elizabeth Warren's dream agency: The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
  • He's done a lot for veterans
  • He got help for people whose health was injured during the clean-up after the 9/11 attacks.

    • He's killed Osama Bin Laden
    • Eliminated several other Al-Qaeda leaders
    • Ended the War in Iraq
    • Begun the drawdown of forces from Afghanistan
    • End-run Republican obstructionism by recess-appointing Richard Cordray to run the Consumer Financial Protection Board.

    Here;s an even larger list http://obamaachievements.org/list


"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#19    Bama13

Bama13

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts
  • Joined:09 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Just Southeast of God's country

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

View Postninjadude, on 11 July 2012 - 01:42 AM, said:

here
  • Obama has overhauled the food safety system
  • Advanced women's rights in the work place
  • Ended Don't Ask, Don't Tell (DADT) in our military
  • Stopped defending DOMA in court.
  • Passed the Hate Crimes bill.
  • Appointed two pro-choice women to the Supreme Court.
  • Expanded access to medical care and provided subsidies for people who can't afford it.
  • Expanded the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
  • Fixed the preexisting conditions travesty [and rescissions] in health insurance.
  • Invested in clean energy.
  • Overhauled the credit card industry, making it much more consumer-friendly.
  • While Dodd-Frank bill was weak in many respects, it was still an extremely worthwhile start at re-regulating the financial sector.
  • He created a Elizabeth Warren's dream agency: The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
  • He's done a lot for veterans
  • He got help for people whose health was injured during the clean-up after the 9/11 attacks.

    • He's killed Osama Bin Laden
    • Eliminated several other Al-Qaeda leaders
    • Ended the War in Iraq
    • Begun the drawdown of forces from Afghanistan
    • End-run Republican obstructionism by recess-appointing Richard Cordray to run the Consumer Financial Protection Board.
    Here;s an even larger list http://obamaachievements.org/list



And here I thought SEALS killed Osama and troops killed the other Al Queda leaders. Wow, Obama can do everything.
He as done a lot of stuff that would have happened anyway (Iraq and the Stan).
Appointing two pro choice women to the Supreme court isn't exactly what I want from my president. I would prefer Justices that follow the Constitution, not their personal preferences.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to address your entire list, but I am not impressed. But hey, that is just me.

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

#20    ninjadude

ninjadude

    Seeker of truths

  • Member
  • 11,047 posts
  • Joined:11 Sep 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Illinois

  • "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:19 PM

View PostBama13, on 11 July 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:

I am not impressed. But hey, that is just me.

that's fine. You asked for what changed not what would impress you.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#21    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

    Mainly Spherical in Shape

  • Member
  • 25,122 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:there

  • Vampires are people too.

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:22 PM

View Postninjadude, on 11 July 2012 - 01:42 AM, said:


yes, he's eliminated the Second in Command at least half a dozen times now.
And topping b L has really made...


... I'm sure I'll think of some difference it's made if I think hard enough. :unsure2:

Edited by 747400, 11 July 2012 - 07:22 PM.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.


:cat:


#22    Pyridium

Pyridium

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Joined:03 Mar 2012

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:52 PM

The point of this thread is that there is no way OBAMA can lose in November.

Just today it was revealed that Romney is a criminal for false reporting to the SEC after 1999.  Romney is a mormon and hides hoards of money offshore.  His Bain company sent millions of jobs overseas.

Vote results for November 6 is.... Obama 75%...Romney 24%.

Time to start planning for Christmas.


#23    Varelse

Varelse

    Unanimous Animous

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts
  • Joined:11 Oct 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Above the left and right.

  • The deterioration of every government begins with the decay of the principles upon which it was founded. -Montesquieu

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:27 AM

View Post747400, on 11 July 2012 - 07:22 PM, said:

yes, he's eliminated the Second in Command at least half a dozen times now.
And topping b L has really made...


... I'm sure I'll think of some difference it's made if I think hard enough. :unsure2:

There's this, but is it valid? (Yes, I know the Taliban hate Al Queda) It might be an interesting development. Or it might be a spy. Who knows?

eta, forgot link

http://tribune.com.p...cannot-win-war/

Edited by Framling, 13 July 2012 - 01:27 AM.

God is neither a Christian, a Jew, a Muslim or any other 'self ordained' entity.
We hold these truths to be self-evident.

#24    Pyridium

Pyridium

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Joined:03 Mar 2012

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:50 PM

How can Obama lose?  He just signed an executive order eliminating the "looking for work" requirement for welfare recipients.  Those jobs going unfilled will now be given to our 12 million residents that are not eligible to vote.

Yep, within a couple of weeks now, Obama will sign an executive order giving all "undocumented citizens" the right to vote in November.  He will grant "temporary citizenship" to all residents needing legal papers in order to vote for him.  Obama is the most compassionate and caring President we have ever had.  

From an unnamed source, there will be at least 2 million new jobs created before the election and the other 10 million will be eligible for welfare and medicaid.

Obama did not win the "Nobel Prize" for nothing...he earned it.


#25    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 13,975 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:08 AM

View PostPyridium, on 12 July 2012 - 10:52 PM, said:

The point of this thread is that there is no way OBAMA can lose in November.

Just today it was revealed that Romney is a criminal for false reporting to the SEC after 1999.  Romney is a mormon and hides hoards of money offshore.  His Bain company sent millions of jobs overseas.

Vote results for November 6 is.... Obama 75%...Romney 24%.

Time to start planning for Christmas.
A much worse outcome will be Obama 50% and Romney 50%.  It won't be Bush Gore this time around though.  I could actually see a constitutional crisis with riots in some cities.  This is where even a few thousand dead voters or illegals will make all the difference.

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#26    Gromdor

Gromdor

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts
  • Joined:16 Jul 2011

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:56 AM

View Postand then, on 18 July 2012 - 03:08 AM, said:

A much worse outcome will be Obama 50% and Romney 50%.  It won't be Bush Gore this time around though.  I could actually see a constitutional crisis with riots in some cities.  This is where even a few thousand dead voters or illegals will make all the difference.

You forget that the President is picked by the electoral college not by the popular vote. 95% of the popular vote could theoretically be for a candidate and the electoral college could pick someone else.


#27    Pyridium

Pyridium

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Joined:03 Mar 2012

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:07 AM

I will temper my enthusiasm by revising my election prediction.  Obama 58% Romney 41%.

M GO BLUE


#28    Pyridium

Pyridium

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Joined:03 Mar 2012

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:25 PM

As my source told me a few days ago, Obama has initiated the first step in legalizing all 12 million illegal immigrants.  Read my comments on this just a few posts above this one.

http://www.huffingto..._n_1702072.html

Some states just need a valid address to vote.  With a work permit, it will be easy to get a driver's license also.  The article states that over 1 million immigrants will be "legal" in just a few months.

Congrats, Obama, you da man!


#29    DieChecker

DieChecker

    I'm a Rogue Scholar

  • Member
  • 18,724 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portland, Oregon, USA

  • Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:20 PM

Historically speakiing Obama is in trouble. Historically the sitting President has never won if his approval rating is below 50% in the Spring, and Obama was at 47%. Also the economy has not turned around very fast, or grown barely at all. Bernakie just said Unemployment is high and growth is substandard. Not good signs. People (the 20% of swing voters... the wishy washy fence sitters!) usually wait till the last 2 months before they make up their minds, so if the economy turns around well between now and October, Obama is in a good place. And if it is about the same, he's in hot water... scalding in fact.

Bringing up Bain now is excellent for ROmney, it gives him, August and September to work on dulling any edges on what happened suring that time. Just like I think he needs to release more tax returns now, so that the 20% of the sheep herd can forget about it by September.

ROMNEY! ROMNEY!

heh, heh, heh... couldn't resist a little fanaticism...

I do wonder who the VP choice is going to be? I heard that it was supposed to be announced by now.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#30    WoIverine

WoIverine

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,721 posts
  • Joined:16 Sep 2008
  • Gender:Male

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:25 PM

View PostPyridium, on 12 July 2012 - 10:52 PM, said:

The point of this thread is that there is no way OBAMA can lose in November.

Just today it was revealed that Romney is a criminal for false reporting to the SEC after 1999.  Romney is a mormon and hides hoards of money offshore.  His Bain company sent millions of jobs overseas.

Vote results for November 6 is.... Obama 75%...Romney 24%.

Time to start planning for Christmas.

View PostDieChecker, on 25 July 2012 - 11:20 PM, said:

Historically speakiing Obama is in trouble. Historically the sitting President has never won if his approval rating is below 50% in the Spring, and Obama was at 47%. Also the economy has not turned around very fast, or grown barely at all. Bernakie just said Unemployment is high and growth is substandard. Not good signs. People (the 20% of swing voters... the wishy washy fence sitters!) usually wait till the last 2 months before they make up their minds, so if the economy turns around well between now and October, Obama is in a good place. And if it is about the same, he's in hot water... scalding in fact.

Bringing up Bain now is excellent for ROmney, it gives him, August and September to work on dulling any edges on what happened suring that time. Just like I think he needs to release more tax returns now, so that the 20% of the sheep herd can forget about it by September.

ROMNEY! ROMNEY!

heh, heh, heh... couldn't resist a little fanaticism...

I do wonder who the VP choice is going to be? I heard that it was supposed to be announced by now.

Well, if Romney wants to stand a chance, he would be wise to at least give his VP spot to Rand Paul. That could possibly turn the tide. Otherwise, goodluck Mitt, you've got a steep hill to climb.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3, 25 July 2012 - 11:25 PM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users