Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Congrats to Pres. Obama on his reelection

Pyridium

President Obama,

Thank you for opening my eyes to a new and better way to live as an American. Your promise of "Hope and Change" has changed my life forever. I used to be one of those hard working people that struggled through the week just to get to the weekend for some well deserved rest, if I did not have to work overtime. Now I am on SSI disability and am able to enjoy life 7 days a week. Life is now wonderful; thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I went to work at a Golf course Pro Shop several years ago and met the office manager. He has been on disability since he was 48 and he is allowed to earn no more than $150 per week. He has an under the table arrangement with the owner in which he gets to eat free, drink (booze) free, helps himself to balls, gloves, shoes and chothes if he itemizes them for the owner. He plays golf 4 to 5 times a week free and has a 13 handicap. Two years ago, he blew out a knee while golfing and had a total knee replacement. The following spring he was ready to tackle the grueling game of golf once again.

He explained to me what to say to my doctor and I went for an office call for a (damaged elbow). Within a year I started getting my disability checks. I still work part-time to stay under $150 per week and play all the golf I want to play for free. No free food or booze yet, still working on that.

My daughter, (26), has 2 lovely children under 2 years old. She did not get married to the father, but lives with him; great couple. She is able to use Medicaid and gets food stamps. Marriage is so overrated.

50% of all Americans do not pay any Federal Income Taxe and 50% of all householdes receive some form of government assistance; housing subsidies, food stamps, disability, student loans, etc.

If everyone on the govt. dole would just show up to vote, you will have 4 more years to put a permenant "life" plan in place for all 100% of us.

I am so proud to be an American. Congratulations President Obama!

and how, pray, is it anything to do with Obama that people abuse the system?

I notice that the man who taught you how to rort the system in this tale has been on disability for 48 years, Obama's good, but having decisions travel backwards in time is something I'd love to be able to do...

• Like 3

and how, pray, is it anything to do with Obama that people abuse the system?

I notice that the man who taught you how to rort the system in this tale has been on disability for 48 years, Obama's good, but having decisions travel backwards in time is something I'd love to be able to do...

No, no no. "He has been on disability since he was 48".

This tale was lost on me when he said the 'gruelling game of golf'. This topic is sticky and oozes with sarcasm.

To Pyridium: We'll happily trade you one Stephen Harper for one Barack Obama, and if you pull that off, I'll make sure you get the 'Order of Canada'.

Pyridium 'O.C.', sounds pretty good eh?

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1

P.S.: Of course Prime MInister Obama would have to hang the fancy medal around your neck. I hope that you'd be okay with that.

Obama must have enough delegate votes as the only Democrat running for (re-)election of the US presidency, while his opponent Mitt Romney have enough for eligibility to nomination. Some people fear Romney as a practicing Mormon as much some fear a (half) Black man/African-American already been our president, so it doesn't make sense to believe someone's race and religion is threatening. Not to mention anyone with a mother as a Marxist and another person whose grandfather was born in Mexico able to easily obtain U.S. citizenship makes some voters suspicious with prejudice towards them. I heard of rumors of Romney selecting a "woman" as a vice presidential running mate, but it's more likely Michele Bachman not Sarah Palin again.

So people abuse the system, as they have for years now, so all the blame should go to Obama. Why that's just flawless logic! :rolleyes:

• Like 4

Congratulations! I see those courses in Irony paid off. :)

The truth is that our current administration has done a remarkable job for the (investors?) people (corporations?) that fund thier campaigns, and for a reward I have no doubt at all that they will use the media that they own to ensure our current president will be re-elected. It's why they are running a religious nut former gay basher/high school bully against him.

What I don't get is why anyone at this point has enough faith in our system to think it really matters who is in office?

• Like 6

So people abuse the system, as they have for years now, so all the blame should go to Obama. Why that's just flawless logic! :rolleyes:

Sorry, but he promised "change", so where is it? I don't blame him for the abuse that occured before him taking office, but it hasn't "change"d a damn bit and I do hold him accountable for the lack of "change". I know that many will say it was only a campaign promise, but that is nothing but a cop out. Just like when GWB said "no more nation building" then promptly went around engaging in "nation building". I don't care if you are an "R" or a "D", I do care if you can keep you word. Sadly not many of them do, which is why I almost always vote against the incumbents

• Like 1

The truth is that our current administration has done a remarkable job for the (investors?) people (corporations?) that fund thier campaigns, and for a reward I have no doubt at all that they will use the media that they own to ensure our current president will be re-elected. It's why they are running a religious nut former gay basher/high school bully against him.

What I don't get is why anyone at this point has enough faith in our system to think it really matters who is in office?

It does matter who is in office, it just doesn't matter which of the two candidates the major parties support are elected. However a third party candidate might make a difference, as long as lots of like minded people are elected to congress at the same time. Will it happen? Probably not. Could it happen? Certainly. Who does it depend on to happen? Why, us (US citizens), of course.

• Like 1

Sorry, but he promised "change", so where is it? I don't blame him for the abuse that occured before him taking office, but it hasn't "change"d a damn bit and I do hold him accountable for the lack of "change". I know that many will say it was only a campaign promise, but that is nothing but a cop out. Just like when GWB said "no more nation building" then promptly went around engaging in "nation building". I don't care if you are an "R" or a "D", I do care if you can keep you word. Sadly not many of them do, which is why I almost always vote against the incumbents

he was a Politician wanting to be elected. I do rather fear that anyone who honestly expected him to deliver Change and Hope and all those other vague concepts with capital letters that politicians always promise has a rather... optimistic* view of the world of Politicians.

* it would be far too impolite to say naive, of course :unsure2:

• Like 1

It does matter who is in office, it just doesn't matter which of the two candidates the major parties support are elected. However a third party candidate might make a difference, as long as lots of like minded people are elected to congress at the same time. Will it happen? Probably not. Could it happen? Certainly. Who does it depend on to happen? Why, us (US citizens), of course.

And since 99.9% of the people get all of thier information from the big sources, who pay no attention whatsoever to 3rd party candidates.........a big "whatever" from your old buddy OverSword.

• Like 1

And since 99.9% of the people get all of thier information from the big sources, who pay no attention whatsoever to 3rd party candidates.........a big "whatever" from your old buddy OverSword.

I agree. It is sad, but I haven't lost all hope yet. Of course I've been called an optimist many times. I hope we, the people, wake up before it gets so bad that the Second Amendment is our only option. :unsure2:

• Like 3

I know several people who collect SSI disability who are more than capable of working. Sometimes I wish they'd lose a limb in a horrible car crash so they'd have a legit reason to collect their free money.

They make me sick !!

• Like 2

I know several people who collect SSI disability who are more than capable of working. Sometimes I wish they'd lose a limb in a horrible car crash so they'd have a legit reason to collect their free money.

They make me sick !!

report them.

http://oig.ssa.gov/report-fraud-waste-or-abuse

• Like 1

Sorry, but he promised "change", so where is it?

here

• Obama has overhauled the food safety system
  • Advanced women's rights in the work place
  • Ended Don't Ask, Don't Tell (DADT) in our military
  • Stopped defending DOMA in court.
  • Passed the Hate Crimes bill.
  • Appointed two pro-choice women to the Supreme Court.
  • Expanded access to medical care and provided subsidies for people who can't afford it.
  • Expanded the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
  • Fixed the preexisting conditions travesty [and rescissions] in health insurance.
  • Invested in clean energy.
  • Overhauled the credit card industry, making it much more consumer-friendly.
  • While Dodd-Frank bill was weak in many respects, it was still an extremely worthwhile start at re-regulating the financial sector.
  • He created a Elizabeth Warren's dream agency: The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
  • He's done a lot for veterans
  • He got help for people whose health was injured during the clean-up after the 9/11 attacks.

• He's killed Osama Bin Laden

• Eliminated several other Al-Qaeda leaders

• Ended the War in Iraq

• Begun the drawdown of forces from Afghanistan

• End-run Republican obstructionism by recess-appointing Richard Cordray to run the Consumer Financial Protection Board.

Here;s an even larger list http://obamaachievements.org/list

here

• Obama has overhauled the food safety system
  • Advanced women's rights in the work place
  • Ended Don't Ask, Don't Tell (DADT) in our military
  • Stopped defending DOMA in court.
  • Passed the Hate Crimes bill.
  • Appointed two pro-choice women to the Supreme Court.
  • Expanded access to medical care and provided subsidies for people who can't afford it.
  • Expanded the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
  • Fixed the preexisting conditions travesty [and rescissions] in health insurance.
  • Invested in clean energy.
  • Overhauled the credit card industry, making it much more consumer-friendly.
  • While Dodd-Frank bill was weak in many respects, it was still an extremely worthwhile start at re-regulating the financial sector.
  • He created a Elizabeth Warren's dream agency: The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
  • He's done a lot for veterans
  • He got help for people whose health was injured during the clean-up after the 9/11 attacks.

• He's killed Osama Bin Laden
    • Eliminated several other Al-Qaeda leaders
    • Ended the War in Iraq
    • Begun the drawdown of forces from Afghanistan
    • End-run Republican obstructionism by recess-appointing Richard Cordray to run the Consumer Financial Protection Board.

Here;s an even larger list http://obamaachievements.org/list

And here I thought SEALS killed Osama and troops killed the other Al Queda leaders. Wow, Obama can do everything.

He as done a lot of stuff that would have happened anyway (Iraq and the Stan).

Appointing two pro choice women to the Supreme court isn't exactly what I want from my president. I would prefer Justices that follow the Constitution, not their personal preferences.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to address your entire list, but I am not impressed. But hey, that is just me.

• Like 2

I am not impressed. But hey, that is just me.

that's fine. You asked for what changed not what would impress you.

• Like 1

yes, he's eliminated the Second in Command at least half a dozen times now.

And topping b L has really made...

... I'm sure I'll think of some difference it's made if I think hard enough. :unsure2:

Edited by 747400
  • Like 1

The point of this thread is that there is no way OBAMA can lose in November.

Just today it was revealed that Romney is a criminal for false reporting to the SEC after 1999. Romney is a mormon and hides hoards of money offshore. His Bain company sent millions of jobs overseas.

Vote results for November 6 is.... Obama 75%...Romney 24%.

Time to start planning for Christmas.

yes, he's eliminated the Second in Command at least half a dozen times now.

And topping b L has really made...

... I'm sure I'll think of some difference it's made if I think hard enough. :unsure2:

There's this, but is it valid? (Yes, I know the Taliban hate Al Queda) It might be an interesting development. Or it might be a spy. Who knows?

eta, forgot link

http://tribune.com.pk/story/407628/taliban-leader-admits-they-cannot-win-war/

Edited by Framling

How can Obama lose? He just signed an executive order eliminating the "looking for work" requirement for welfare recipients. Those jobs going unfilled will now be given to our 12 million residents that are not eligible to vote.

Yep, within a couple of weeks now, Obama will sign an executive order giving all "undocumented citizens" the right to vote in November. He will grant "temporary citizenship" to all residents needing legal papers in order to vote for him. Obama is the most compassionate and caring President we have ever had.

From an unnamed source, there will be at least 2 million new jobs created before the election and the other 10 million will be eligible for welfare and medicaid.

Obama did not win the "Nobel Prize" for nothing...he earned it.

The point of this thread is that there is no way OBAMA can lose in November.

Just today it was revealed that Romney is a criminal for false reporting to the SEC after 1999. Romney is a mormon and hides hoards of money offshore. His Bain company sent millions of jobs overseas.

Vote results for November 6 is.... Obama 75%...Romney 24%.

Time to start planning for Christmas.

A much worse outcome will be Obama 50% and Romney 50%. It won't be Bush Gore this time around though. I could actually see a constitutional crisis with riots in some cities. This is where even a few thousand dead voters or illegals will make all the difference.