Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Piazza St Peter Geometry

piazza st peter

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#46    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,826 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:04 PM

View PostGS1, on 01 October 2012 - 11:45 AM, said:

That's very nice, only your cat's head doesn't precisely match the curved walls of the Piazza nor the extended walls leading from there up to the basilica. Try putting something in there that does THAT, smartass.

When you put something in there that perfectly matches, then I will, too. Until then, however, I will continue to put whatever I want in there.

Notice how the raptors jaws line up with the outer walls...
Posted Image

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#47    GS1

GS1

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:05 PM

View Postmonk 56, on 30 September 2012 - 03:12 PM, said:

Okay, GS1, you have shown that you can't apply astronomy, so you are not engaged, however Egyptian Dreams are engaged with "FRED ESPANAK" members of this forum know the truth, i'm not against ancient egyptian study, and obviously this may be awkward going forward into power play with Hermetic Principles, but Egyptian Dreams know the score, it is a very good forum that knows how to look at ancient beliefs, against astronomy!

Big Time, they will look at Fred Espanak, i will also, i like him and follow:-

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Fred_Espenak

You have little idea where this is leading!

When the people on egyptian dreams come HERE then I may engage with them. I have standards in forums I appear on and ED doesn't come close to meeting them. You're here, why don't YOU simply post the essentials of whatever you're referring to on here, where people with good taste in forums can see it?

#48    GS1

GS1

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:08 PM

View PostHarte, on 01 October 2012 - 12:03 PM, said:

IOW, shrink the cat head down a smidge so that it fits in the circle like the two stars do.

Harte

You're both insane. The piazza is obviously geometric, so what is the basis for that geometry? Do you actually maintain that the great Bernini just made a randomly positioned nice looking frame for a cat or crocodile head? Get a damn auotCAD program and do some actual work, you lazy bastids. Maybe you will actually be able to equal my work, as if. First you'd have to invest a month in figuring out how to draw a straight line in the program. I do give you both brownie points for very creative use of the "paste transparent" function of an image editing program though. How long did THAT take you.

Edited by GS1, 01 October 2012 - 12:12 PM.

#49    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

• 4,826 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:11 PM

View PostGS1, on 01 October 2012 - 12:08 PM, said:

You're both insane. The piazza is obviously geometric, so what is the basis for that geometry? Do you actually maintain that the great Bernini just made a randomly positioned nice looking frame for a cat or crocodile head? Get a damn auotCAD program and do some actual work, you lazy bastids.

No one is doubting that there are geometrical patterns, but mainly that your patterns and interpretations are wrong. It's not uncommon to find geometric patterns in older architecture. Not uncommon AT ALL.

Any you might want to lay of with the insults. It makes you look crass and unable to substantiate your claims.

And it's a raptor, not a crocodile. Have you even seen a crocodile? That raptor looks nothing like a croc...

Edited by Imaginarynumber1, 01 October 2012 - 12:12 PM.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

#50    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 9,098 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:12 PM

The fact that you didn't know that Bernini was famous for being a huge cat lover is quite telling.

In fact, the entire plaza was based on an original design he created for a gigantic litterbox to service his herd of pet cats.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#51    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

• 4,826 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:16 PM

The light blue circles shouldn't be in there. The walls form an oval. You can see at the edges where the blue lines diverge from the walls.

The pentagram is a stretch. At most you have an elongated trapezoid. And the hexagram is there for no reason at all.

I think it is clear that this was designed to be a representation of cats and raptors.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1, 01 October 2012 - 12:16 PM.

#52    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,730 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:11 PM

Obviously, Bernini was an agent of the Emperor Palpatine...

Posted Image

#53    poetofsheba

poetofsheba

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 28 posts

• Non est ad astra mollis e terris via

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:34 PM

View PostGS1, on 29 September 2012 - 09:51 PM, said:

Fine , whatever. Why is there a hexagram and a pentagram out front of St Peter's Basilica? Did Jesus like those figures?

Well there aren't really (as others have said) but you can make them fit in if you want to :) The pentagram was actually used by Pythagoras and his followers to recognize each other - they thought it was a mathematical perfection and it symbolized health. During the early days of Christianity many Christians wrote the letters S-A-L-U-S (safety or health in latin) in the five points and carried it as an amulet or they would write the letters I-E-S-U-S in it - so there is a connection between Christianity and pentagrams :)

On another note have you ever been to the Piazza? People have always loved optical illusions and Bernini included some at the piazza - if you stand at a small disk (on the map it's on the teal line between the fountain and the obelisk) and look at the colonnade you'll only see one instead of three rows, this is the exact centre of the colonnade and the other columns are in the shadow of the front row. This I believe explains the teal lines on the map :)

Someone said that the obelisks were just decoration? They actually do have a function.
The first person to really import obelisks from Egypt were Augustus - he placed a sun on top of it them to show that it was dedicated to the sun.
Later after the knowledge of hieroglyphs had been lost, they became more of a decorative item and the popes placed them in certain places with a cross added to the top.
When pilgrimages were more popular many people travelled to Rome and when you entered the city from the northern gates you would walk right into Piazza Del Popolo - on the Piazza is an obelisk as well as a church. (Many of Rome's streets are very straight and you can see quite far.) From there you could look down the street and see another obelisk marking another church for you to visit on your pilgrimage and from that one another etc.

You can still pretty much follow the obelisks around to some of the most important churches in Rome.

"The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should be." ~ Edgar Allan Poe
"The evil that men do lives after them; the good is oft interred with their bones." ~ William Shakespeare
"I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing." ~ Socrates (as stated by Plato)

www.poetofsheba.com

#54    GS1

GS1

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:28 PM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 01 October 2012 - 12:16 PM, said:

The light blue circles shouldn't be in there. The walls form an oval. You can see at the edges where the blue lines diverge from the walls.

The pentagram is a stretch. At most you have an elongated trapezoid. And the hexagram is there for no reason at all.

I think it is clear that this was designed to be a representation of cats and raptors.

That's where you're wrong. It's not an oval nor is it an ellipse. If you overlay a real ellipse you will see just how much it is off. The only reason why the blue circles are extremely slightly divergent from the walls is slight photo distortion.

*SNIP*
Posted Image

Edited by Lilly, 02 October 2012 - 02:23 AM.
removed personal insults

#55    GS1

GS1

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:44 PM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 01 October 2012 - 12:11 PM, said:

No one is doubting that there are geometrical patterns, but mainly that your patterns and interpretations are wrong. It's not uncommon to find geometric patterns in older architecture. Not uncommon AT ALL.

Any you might want to lay of with the insults. It makes you look crass and unable to substantiate your claims.

And it's a raptor, not a crocodile. Have you even seen a crocodile? That raptor looks nothing like a croc...

Oh gee, I wouldn't want to appear crass. That would be so out of place among you graduates of etiquette school. I misidentified a raptor as a crocodile? Oh dear, that IS egregious. There goes my job at the museum.

Edited by GS1, 01 October 2012 - 08:46 PM.

#56    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

• 4,826 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:51 PM

View PostGS1, on 01 October 2012 - 08:44 PM, said:

you graduates of etiquette school.

Posted Image

#57    GS1

GS1

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:51 PM

Here's a better one. I actually drew this ellipse rather than simply copying an image from the web and overlaying it, because that one was apparently not accurate. I made this with PaintShop Pro ellipse tool. Quite obvious that the circles are WAY more accurately matched to the walls than this ellipse. As I said when I started the thread, the Piazza is very CLOSE to an ellipse, but not a perfect one and that it is in fact two circles joined by curved lines. Imaginarynumber1 apparently spouts off without actually bothering to check that what he says is true or not. Now he has been proven wrong. How embarrassing for him. It could have been avoided if he had only zipped it.

Posted Image

Edited by GS1, 01 October 2012 - 09:58 PM.

#58    GS1

GS1

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:11 PM

To be honest, neither an ellipse nor the two circles match up precisely. I concede that it is such a close call that it could be either. However. I maintain that a circle WAS designed into the center of the oval, with it's size defined by the two fountains. When a pentagram is placed in the circle the walls leading toward the basilica are seen to be very precisely based on the leg points of the pentagram, proving that the circle/pentagram were indeed designed in by Bernini. The hexagram may not be part of the design, since it is not actually referenced by any structures, but the pentagram clearly is.

This is not even an important theory to me, just an interesting observation I made. People can take it for what it's worth. Looks like a pentagram was designed in the middle of the piazza, that's all. I don't have to prove it it any way. If you see a pentagram matching up with parts of the piazza then good. If not, I don't particularly care. The thing is clearly a sundial. Just that it may be a sundial with a pentagram at its center. Could mean something, could mean nothing.

Edited by GS1, 01 October 2012 - 10:19 PM.

#59    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,406 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:27 AM

Do not engage in personal insults. Stooping to using ad hom remarks does not help support anyones hypothesis.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#60    monk 56

monk 56

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:31 AM

I agree there is no sacred geometry in St. Peter's Sq., i always have, however i'm not sure that being able to translate Hieroglyphs was really lost, the Coptic church was in Egypt very early, and monks keep secrets, we all would like access into Vatican Library!

As really this thread is about sacred geometry, that i also feel has no bearing to this, i will go back to my thread that will take a long time to finish, you know where to find me to debate, i have chosen today for my last thread section about astronomy, for today is an anniversary of Opus Dei that used exactly the same alignment as the Vatican Obelisk put there by Pope Sixtus V.

Links below:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opus_Dei

http://en.wikipedia...._about_Opus_Dei

I don't believe that there is any Pentagram sacred geometry in St. Peter's Sq., the Pentagram is not satanic anyway, most of this comes from Eliphas Levi, who wasn't exactly ancient!

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Eliphas_Levi

Josemaria Escriva de Balaguer established Opus Dei on 2nd October 1928 in Madrid, he says it was because of a vision, i say it was because he wanted a Sirius alignment at location, Egyptian sunrise day marker chosen, as Sun rose, Sirius was culminating in middle of sky, astronomy graph below:-

http://2012forum.com...=6758&mode=view

I will not be posting on GS1 threads again!

Please note Egyptian Dreams have not engaged with me, but GS1 has so much dispute!

Edited by monk 56, 02 October 2012 - 10:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users