Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

AZ declares gold & silver legal tender

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,011 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:47 PM

From the article:

The Arizona Senate on Tuesday approved a measure to make gold and silver legal currency in the state, in a response to what backers said was a lack of confidence in the international monetary system.
The legislation cleared the Republican-controlled Senate by an 18-10 vote after being approved by the state House earlier this month. It now goes to Republican Governor Jan Brewer, who has not indicated if she will sign it into law or veto it.
The bill calls for Arizona to make gold and silver coins and bullion legal tender beginning in mid-2014, joining existing U.S. currency issued by the federal government.
If signed into law, Arizona would become the second state in the nation to establish these precious metals as legal tender. Utah approved such legislation in 2011.

What are the other 48 states waiting for

http://www.reuters.c...N0DI00Z20130501

#2    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:53 PM

Interesting. I read an article not too long ago that Germany approached the American Federal Reserve to withdraw the gold it has stashed there. Long story short, the Fed Reserve said "no, you can't have it all back. You'll get it over the next 7 years". When they asked to see their gold, there were shown 3 bricks and promised the rest was back there.

HSBC and JP Morgan recently withdrew all their gold as well, to an "undisclosed location". Something big is just around the corner, methinks..

Exploring your own consciousness is the fundamental right of every individual

Locking people in a cage because they choose to exercise that right should be considered a crime against humanity

#3    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,283 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:03 PM

Hmmm... looks like the gold hamsters are getting desperate...

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#4    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,251 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:29 PM

hmmm does this mean gold tooth are coming back in fashion ?
Posted Image

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#5    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:30 PM

Huh. Didn't know any states had done that. Thanks for posting.

#6    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Psychic Spy

• 1,499 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:37 PM

A wise man once told me to "always remember that gold (and silver) is the one true currency"
Turns out, he was right.

Exploring your own consciousness is the fundamental right of every individual

Locking people in a cage because they choose to exercise that right should be considered a crime against humanity

#7    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,283 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:53 PM

View PostDark_Grey, on 01 May 2013 - 06:37 PM, said:

A wise man once told me to "always remember that gold (and silver) is the one true currency"
Turns out, he was right.

The only true currency is what we consider such, no matter if gold, silver or caori shells. The rest is material trade-able for currency.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#8    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,730 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:01 PM

View PostDark_Grey, on 01 May 2013 - 06:37 PM, said:

Turns out, he was right.
yes and no.
you can't eat gold, or drink silver.

if shtf, i would not be trading antibiotics for gold bulions, even honey would be more valuable than gold.
when monetary system fails barter rules.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#9    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,438 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:20 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 01 May 2013 - 06:53 PM, said:

The only true currency is what we consider such, no matter if gold, silver or caori shells. The rest is material trade-able for currency.
When you can print boundless amounts of "money" you ensure continuous erosion of real value.

Paper deteriorates in air; fiat deteriorates in time.   Gold has stored value for 6,000 years.  What fiat has survived that long?   Not even one?   Wow!   That should teach you something, but based on your replies, it doesn't.  

I can't store a barrel of oil in my basement, but I can store gold in my safe.   I could also put "money" under my mattress and how stupid is that?

Edited by Yamato, 01 May 2013 - 07:23 PM.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#10    Gromdor

Gromdor

Psychic Spy

• 1,260 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

The neat thing about this is that the gold/silver currency would change in value independent of the dollar. So in Arizona you could possibly buy a hamburger for 5$, get 2 gold coins back in change and then a week later have the 2 gold coins worth more than the 5$ you paid for the hamburger!  Of course you could lose as well.  The gamer in me also loves the idea of using gold coins or gold pieces as currency.

#11    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,608 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:23 PM

I read in a history magazine once that an old man once asked his grandchild to drop some coins on the table and they landed with a dull clunk. Then he brought out his own coins and they sounded musical as they landed.

Now this AZ move is most likely based on Federal Reserve conpiracy theories. The type that a private corporation ran by international bankers is attempting to undermine the United States.

Keep in mind these conspiracy theories have an origin and can be traced to their source.

Long ago when the Catholic King and Queen took back Spain from the Moors they gave everyone (many Jews who lived in peace with the Muslims) a choice: convert, leave, or die.

Then they did not allow Jews (now called Conversos) to have certain jobs but the Spanish did not think highly of money handling since bartering and taxation were their forms of gaining wealth. Little did they know that money was going to have an impact and become quite the popular and influential thing. So that backfired on the racist Spanish of that era.

So this conspiracy theory of international bankers from outside the country having infilitrated it and are now attempting to destroy the country form within is an old one. It has anti-Semitic origins and that it is being bandied by those in Arizona who are not the most tolerant of other groups not their own is of no huge surprise.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!, 01 May 2013 - 07:27 PM.

#12    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,438 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:28 PM

Uncle Sam is eating the dollar alive, splayed open on the table, entrails hanging over the side, brains dripping off of Uncle Sam's chin and that's not a conspiracy that's normal, but when AZ declares precious metals legal tender it's a conspiracy.   Alrighty then.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#13    Gromdor

Gromdor

Psychic Spy

• 1,260 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:33 PM

Passing this law will also help increase the value of gold.  It will be used for something other than just shiny decoration.  Had I invested in gold I would push for this as well.

#14    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,295 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:40 PM

View PostDark_Grey, on 01 May 2013 - 05:53 PM, said:

Interesting. I read an article not too long ago that Germany approached the American Federal Reserve to withdraw the gold it has stashed there. Long story short, the Fed Reserve said "no, you can't have it all back. You'll get it over the next 7 years". When they asked to see their gold, there were shown 3 bricks and promised the rest was back there.

HSBC and JP Morgan recently withdrew all their gold as well, to an "undisclosed location". Something big is just around the corner, methinks..
So Germany can't get it's own currency out of the Fed but a pair of banks can?
Something's not kosher about that too!

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#15    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,950 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:01 PM

Interesting timing since gold prices are dropping right now. So based on some theories people have put forward about American foreign policy does this mean the US will be bombing the hell out of Arizona now? :P

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users