Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Saudi princess charged with human trafficking

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,085 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:48 PM

This princesses family hired a Kenyan woman and others to be housekeepers in Saudi Arabia.  They were promised $1,600 a month for 8 hours a day 5 days a week.  They brought them here and only paid them $220. a month for 16 hours a day 7 days a week.  She escapes and ended up going to the police and the princess is being charged with human trafficking.  They set her bail at 5 million and she's not suppose to leave the country.  She could get up to 12 years in prison for this and I hope she does.

What do you bet she serves no time and returns to Saudi Arabia to continue this practice.

http://www.rawstory....-in-california/

#2    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 6,663 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:59 PM

I just don't get it with these so called 'wealthy' and some even highly 'educated' sorts ... they do the dumbest and most atrocious things ...
what is it that makes them think that others are lower forms of human .......

there are more than a few cases these past years and one would think they would have learned already ... or are they so cut off from the world ...
~

The knower and the known are one. Simple people imagine that they should see God, as if He stood there and they here. This is not so. God and I, we are one in knowledge. ~ Eckhart

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#3    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 4,379 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:11 AM

View Postthird_eye, on 11 July 2013 - 11:59 PM, said:

what is it that makes them think that others are lower forms of human .......

~

money and power, they can do things you can't, so that makes them, in their mind, higher class.   did you really have to ask that?

may be she'll eat something in jail that she is allergic to....

Edited by aztek, 12 July 2013 - 12:13 AM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#4    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 6,663 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:18 AM

View Postaztek, on 12 July 2013 - 12:11 AM, said:

money and power, they can do things you can't, so that makes them, in their mind, higher class.   did you really have to ask that?

Not all are like so ... I've met many wealthy or high 'class' and 'powerful' people who are most humble and down to earth ... a couple of them are related to the local 'royal families' ( albeit distant ) ... putting the blame on power and money gives these nuts an excuse and play the 'victim' card themselves ...

`

The knower and the known are one. Simple people imagine that they should see God, as if He stood there and they here. This is not so. God and I, we are one in knowledge. ~ Eckhart

~

#5    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,085 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:18 AM

This has also happened in Virginia at a Saudi diplomat compound back in May.  Some things you shouldn't get diplomatic immunity for.

Here is a thread that I started about it.

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=247200

#6    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 4,379 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:19 AM

if you think tat was bad, you should see how Indian\Bangladeshi.... construction workers are treated in Saudi Arabia, around 1\4 doesn't make back home.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#7    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 4,379 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:25 AM

View Postthird_eye, on 12 July 2013 - 12:18 AM, said:

Not all are like so ... I've met many wealthy or high 'class' and 'powerful' people who are most humble and down to earth ... a couple of them are related to the local 'royal families' ( albeit distant ) ... putting the blame on power and money gives these nuts an excuse and play the 'victim' card themselves ...

`

not all, but some are, and they would not be that way if they didn't have money and power

RESIDENT TROLL.

#8    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,085 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:31 AM

If people have it in them to be this way money and power will bring it out more.

#9    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 6,663 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:31 AM

View Postaztek, on 12 July 2013 - 12:25 AM, said:

not all, but some are, and they would not be that way if they didn't have money and power

I see your point ... but lets not forget the many that are nowhere rich or powerful who shares such tendencies ...
money and power might make these more inclined ...

~

~

#10    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,085 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:32 AM

View Postaztek, on 12 July 2013 - 12:11 AM, said:

may be she'll eat something in jail that she is allergic to....
If she actually goes to jail.  What do you bet she's allowed to leave the country?

#11    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 4,379 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:41 AM

unfortunately  you most likely right.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#12    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 6,663 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:50 AM

Earlier this year it was a case of a high Office in Taiwanese Trade 'lady' who practically kidnapped a young woman in her teens back in Taiwan and held her as a captive slave in the US ...
the kid was reunited with her long lost mother and was became a quite high profile case ... if I'm not wrong it all got swept under the Diplomatic Immunity rug too

~

#13    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:19 AM

the problem with people is they get little rich and they start to think people are slaves just because they have money
i say she should be forced to work as housekeeper for 40 years to get her feets back on the ground
there can only be ONE princess ! and that's third-eye

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great

#14    meryt-tetisheri

meryt-tetisheri

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:21 AM

Sudden riches and status can wreak havoc with the minds of some. It is not about being rich or having status per se, its about believing that having extra privileges equals having extra duties and responsibilities towards others. This 'princess' might have been spending more on one item of clothing than her maid's annual salary without second thought...small people with mean characters will remain the same with or without riches and titles.

#15    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,155 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:34 AM

View PostHilander, on 11 July 2013 - 11:48 PM, said:

This princesses family hired a Kenyan woman and others to be housekeepers in Saudi Arabia.  They were promised $1,600 a month for 8 hours a day 5 days a week.  They brought them here and only paid them $220. a month for 16 hours a day 7 days a week.  She escapes and ended up going to the police and the princess is being charged with human trafficking.  They set her bail at 5 million and she's not suppose to leave the country.  She could get up to 12 years in prison for this and I hope she does.

What do you bet she serves no time and returns to Saudi Arabia to continue this practice.

http://www.rawstory....-in-california/

This story is nothing new..... it happens all the time in the western nations.

I dont agree with it but it does happen a lot.

Edited by acidhead, 12 July 2013 - 02:38 AM.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users