Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 1 votes

Human evolution: the next stages

humankind flexible skeletons tentacles colour-changing skin

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#46    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:42 AM

View Posttrancelikestate, on 21 July 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

I think we will create machines smarter than us then die out ourselves. These machines will be our next step of evolution. They will be able to travel the stars and will look back  at their existence and see us as their ancestors who came before them.

possible....! that is SO Nietzsche-like: humanity transforms itself into super-humanity, and in the end,  the creation overcomes the creator! :D
still sounds more plausible than humans turning into color-changers, though.....;)

#47    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:36 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 21 July 2013 - 04:00 PM, said:

It also seems that the tendency to maintain religious ties and traditions has a positive selection. I have not look up any statistics, but I'd bet a monkeys butt that people that are more religious have more children on average.

Some religions, absolutely! But it totally depends on the religion. On the other end of the extreme was the "Heaven`s Gate" religion, which was against sex to such a degree that many male members actually castrated themselves. They were certainly not going to outbreed the atheists or the Mormons.

The Mormons have a built mechanism in their religion to ensure their movement into the future. This social selection could possibly make us all mostly Mormon some day.

But the Mormons don´t even hold a candle to islam. All of Shariah laws are designed to assure demographic superiority. And they work.

I find it so very ironic that atheists and secular society that 'knows' about natural selection and evolution for the most part advocate having less kids to conserve resources on the planet and avoid overpopulation, birth control, and other genetically restrictive factors, while the highly religious who do not believe in evolution have more kids, avoid birth control, and have built in mechanisms that ensure their survival.

Yes, it is bizarre, isn`t it!

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users