Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

So tomorrow is the big-big day

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#16    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,166 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:16 AM

View Postjoc, on 06 November 2012 - 03:14 AM, said:

I have said it from the beginning and I will end by saying the same thing:   This election is going to be such a blowout.  What we are all going to witness is Red State after Red State after Red State, etc.

There are 538 Electoral Votes.  A candidate must have 270 to win.

My prediction:   Romney 363   Obama   175

Romney  takes:

Mass, Ohio, Nev, Ariz, NM, Iowa, Wis, Va Fla, NC NH,  MINN, Colo, Penn, and Michigan

I base this on nothing more than my gut feeling.

I am hoping you can heckle me tomorrow for being a chicken-st :tsu:

Edited by Merc14, 06 November 2012 - 03:17 AM.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#17    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,137 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:30 AM

View PostMiskatonicGrad, on 06 November 2012 - 03:14 AM, said:

Are they going to release the people in jail for pot related offences? that would be a nice windfall for the budget.

I will vote for Romney not because I totally agree with him but I think he has the knowledge of finances to keep our Titanic above the waves for alittle longer then Obama.

No, in most cases. We don't have a lot of people in jail for pot related offenses here unless there was other criminal activity involved like an assault or something. In the city of Seattle, pot use, possession and small dealing, is pretty much overlooked. It's officially the lowest priority offense for police and the DA. Has been for about 5 years I believe. I've actually seen cops spot someone smoking a joint on the street, and pretty much all they'll do is say "come on man, really? Put it out" And they move on. It's practically legal here already.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#18    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,326 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:54 AM

View PostMissMelsWell, on 06 November 2012 - 03:30 AM, said:

No, in most cases. We don't have a lot of people in jail for pot related offenses here unless there was other criminal activity involved like an assault or something. In the city of Seattle, pot use, possession and small dealing, is pretty much overlooked. It's officially the lowest priority offense for police and the DA. Has been for about 5 years I believe. I've actually seen cops spot someone smoking a joint on the street, and pretty much all they'll do is say "come on man, really? Put it out" And they move on. It's practically legal here already.
It is quite the same here, mostly. The exception being when another crime is commited, or when DUI is the charge. I don't believe that very many people get charged and prison time for pot possession. The budget is so bad for State prisons that such offenses are usually done with a couple weeks/month in local jail and then a fine and probation. Only the worst of the worst actually go to prison in Oregon. I think several prisons are actually sitting empty.

Edit: info on Oregon Pot....

The Oregon Decriminalization Bill of 1973 abolished criminal penalties for possession of small amounts of marijuana. As a result, possession of up to an ounce of marijuana in Oregon today is a violation (not a crime), punishable only by a fine of $500 to $1000. There is one exception, however, which is: if possession of such an amount occurs in a public place within 1000 feet of a school attended by minors, the person committing the offense is guilty of a Class C misdemeanor instead. Possession of more than one ounce, no matter the proximity to a school, is a Class B felony. The actual use of marijuana in private, and being under the influence of marijuana, are not punishable offenses under Oregon law. However, public use, and also driving under the influence of marijuana, are punishable offenses.
http://en.wikipedia....nabis_in_Oregon

Basically if you have less then an ounce of pot, you might get a ticket.

Edited by DieChecker, 06 November 2012 - 03:57 AM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#19    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,454 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:07 AM

View PostMerc14, on 06 November 2012 - 03:04 AM, said:

I am not changing the prediction I have been preaching for months now, so, this one isn't going to be close. Romney +5% in the popular and 320 electoral votes.  Republicans take the senate and get a few more seats in the house.   The democrats will cheat at unprecedented levels and it won't change a damn thing.  Obama will lose a few hundred thousand votes in NY and NJ, will claim more were lost but it won't matter because he'll still win both states but he'll still sue so lot's of court costs for no reason.

Economy will improve drastically as soon as it is official that Romney and the republicans own the shop so months from now, when the economy is churning and growing, the democrats here will say it is the Obama recovery and Romney stole it.  I guarantee you will hear this even though all economic indicators, at this time, are another recession or worse if Obama gets a second term.
You've got boots on the ground, so obviously you'll have heard more then me here in Oz, but has Mitt actually said anything about how he's going to fix the economy? Is "tax cuts for businesses and millionaires" actually his platform or one that the Democrats have put him on to criticise him?

#20    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 3,658 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:08 AM

40/43 Judge Judy.  That was a pretty funny occurrence.

#21    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,297 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:20 AM

Posted Image

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#22    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,166 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:22 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 06 November 2012 - 04:07 AM, said:

You've got boots on the ground, so obviously you'll have heard more then me here in Oz, but has Mitt actually said anything about how he's going to fix the economy? Is "tax cuts for businesses and millionaires" actually his platform or one that the Democrats have put him on to criticise him?

Yeah, he has, but you don't want to accept that he has and I am sick of that circular argument .  The big thing here is that Obama's plan is more of the same so pretty much anything is better than that.  I guarantee that in 6 months the leftists here will be crying that Romney stole Obama's recovery.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#23    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,454 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:24 AM

Accept it?
I don't know what he's said!

#24    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,118 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:27 AM

I can't wait!

Posted Image

#25    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,671 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:33 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 06 November 2012 - 04:24 AM, said:

Accept it?
Basically, his plan is ...kill Obamacare. (He needs the Senate majority to do that)  Expand Energy Production, get obstacles out of the way of small and large business, revamp the tax code (good luck with that one), keep the Bush Tax Cuts (hopefully make them permanent, he needs the Senate to do that as well), cut spending.   If we know anything about Romney, it is that he will demand, not just politely ask for but demand, a real budget from Congress.
That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#26    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,166 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:36 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 06 November 2012 - 04:24 AM, said:

Accept it?

Do you wear hats because you are balding/bald or you just like hats?  Friends and family wear hats for both reasons. I can't wear them as I get to hot.

Edited by Merc14, 06 November 2012 - 04:37 AM.

#27    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,297 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:39 AM

Posted Image

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#28    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,454 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:02 AM

View Postjoc, on 06 November 2012 - 04:33 AM, said:

Basically, his plan is ...kill Obamacare. (He needs the Senate majority to do that)  Expand Energy Production, get obstacles out of the way of small and large business, revamp the tax code (good luck with that one), keep the Bush Tax Cuts (hopefully make them permanent, he needs the Senate to do that as well), cut spending.   If we know anything about Romney, it is that he will demand, not just politely ask for but demand, a real budget from Congress.
That's pretty much it in a nutshell.
Other then killing Obamacare, I actually like those policies.
Mind you, when you say "expand energy production" are we talking Fossil Fuel related or stuff like Solar and Wind based as well?

#29    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,454 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:04 AM

View PostMerc14, on 06 November 2012 - 04:36 AM, said:

Do you wear hats because you are balding/bald or you just like hats?  Friends and family wear hats for both reasons. I can't wear them as I get to hot.
My brain doesn't work under a certain temperature, so I wear a hat so I keeps me smarts going ;)
Actually, it's an Edward de Bono reference.

#30    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,166 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:32 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 06 November 2012 - 05:04 AM, said:

My brain doesn't work under a certain temperature, so I wear a hat so I keeps me smarts going ;)
Actually, it's an Edward de Bono reference.

Well I have never heard of the gentleman but a quick look has piqued my interest.  I'll check it out tomorrow (late here now) so no clues on how wearer of hats fits in till I ask.  On hats, I personally like hats and think we lost a bit of culture when they went out of style (many blame JFK) but with my intolerance of heat I am happy the style changed, The military and riding motorcycles forced me to wear helmets and they always sucked but were a necessity I guess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users