Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Illegal Immigrant politically incorrect?

joc

There is a big politically correct argument brewing about the term Illegal Immigrant. Or Illegal Alien.

Do you think the term is condescending to those who cross America's borders

illegally? Hispanic or otherwise?

It is being proposed that they now be refered to as Undocumented Workers.

What do you think?

To view a politically correct dictionary: CLICK HERE

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thepsychoticseaotter

• Seraphina

• wunarmdscissor

• KayEl

No it is not condescending.

I myself was not born in this country and my family came here LEGALLY.

I am sick and tire of various groups trying to hide behind their ethnicity. If you are coming into this country illegally, you are breaking the law. Racism have nothing to do with it.

It would take away from the crime they are commiting undocumeted worker is a lot easier to justify than illegal alien.

It is not condesending. However, if some see it as such, perhaps it's because what they are doing is wrong. It is --->illegal <---

I think they need to concentrate on ways to make their own country reflect what they like about ours and kindly leave us be. It's not easy - it wasn't easy for our ancestors!

To put in my 2 cents: I don't care. Political Correctness is a load of horsesh**.

On top of that Illegal immigrants are just that Illegal. Meaning they deserve to be drug out of this country and told never to come back unless they go through the proper channels to emmigrate.

Race has no issue here you could be from mars and come here legally and it wouldn't bother me....

I better quit now...touchy subject for the otter.....

I must completely agree, Syko...

If everyone is allowed to immigrate to the US, we will become overcrowded and destitute. Our government health and welfare agencies in many states are already overwhelmed by demands ranging from free legal aid to free medical care to mandatory state paid interpreters...all this for folks that come into the country illegally.

I have no problem with people coming here with their ducks in a row. They're doing it the right way. I'm with Anirbas...

I think they need to concentrate on ways to make their own country reflect what they like about ours and kindly leave us be. It's not easy - it wasn't easy for our ancestors!

If a person doesn't like what's going on in their homeland, then work to change it. It's worth fighting for, and dying for.

As a side note, the US has some of the most lax immigration and naturalization laws in the developed world. My husband just completed his naturalization packet. It cost him a total of $300, and a quick interview at the immigration office. He speaks English fluently, but was offered an interpreter.

If I recollect properly, Canada requires a ~$20,000 investment in their stock market, and so many years on Visa before an individual is able to apply for residency. Even after "naturalization", you are not able to vote in their elections.

What are the immigrations laws in other countries, since folks are always so easy to bash anything remotely American?

Hypothetically speaking, if I were to set up camp in Denmark (where many of my ancestral roots lay), WHat would it take for me to become a citizen? Would I have the right to vote? Would I be given free ride scholarships at the university based on where I was originally from? Would I receive free, state funded health care, as well as mandatory state funded interpreters if I refused or was unable to learn the language? Just a question, but one that should be pondered.

In the US, these things are taken for granted, but I wonder how it is abroad in other countries.

If a person doesn't like what's going on in their homeland, then work to change it. It's worth fighting for, and dying for.

Easier said than done, Immigration should be looked at on a personal view. I am pretty much against economic immigration but political and persecuted refugees are in my opinion more than welcome here. Noone should suffer.

Hypothetically speaking, if I were to set up camp in Denmark (where many of my ancestral roots lay), WHat would it take for me to become a citizen? Would I have the right to vote? Would I be given free ride scholarships at the university based on where I was originally from? Would I receive free, state funded health care, as well as mandatory state funded interpreters if I refused or was unable to learn the language? Just a question, but one that should be pondered.

Come to britain you get it even better here. Everything you stated you receive and more.

Are you sure they get free- health care in america? I thought you guys never had a national health service?

Yeah it's called medicaid. It's only available to lower income people although that drfinition changes day to day. The reality of it is that 9 times out of 10 it goes to a mother (loose term) that is nothing more than a local sperm bank or an illegal who has no business here.

It's been that way for years....

One thing about the US is that if you were BORN here, you are automatically a US citizen, even if your parents are not. I don't think that is the case in other countries.

I agree that other people should change their countries to make it a better place so they don't need to emigrate elsewhere for a future.

Easier said than done, true.

But we've done it, and we paid the price for it.

One thing about the US is that if you were BORN here, you are automatically a US citizen, even if your parents are not. I don't think that is the case in other countries.

Its the case in the UK too and the case of most countries.

...so let me get this straight...

People who are immigrants...who entered the country illegally...are objecting to being called exactly what they are now? huh.gif

Political correctness really has gone insane...even more so than I had thought if this is even being proposed, let alone if it's ever actually changed disgust.gif

...so let me get this straight...

People who are immigrants...who entered the country illegally...are objecting to being called exactly what they are now? huh.gif

Political correctness really has gone insane...even more so than I had thought if this is even being proposed, let alone if it's ever actually changed disgust.gif

Well the PC crowd was always a bit off but now they are falling off the deep end. I swear if they had their way everything would be ok to do. No matter the legalities.....I used to think PC was educated stupidity now I realise it's just coded Anarchy.....

The thing about being 'PC' was it started out as a nice, cuddly idea, to make everyone equal, with the same rights and privillages...

Now it's "you can't call that a black board! It's racsist! I don't care if it IS a board, and it's black...call it a chalkboard! What? Yes, yes, you can still call the other one a white board...never you mind about double standards!"

It's "You know that nursery ryhm about the sheep with the three bags of whool? We've decided "black sheep" is rascist...make it 'whooly sheep'."

It's "sorry kids, we won't be having a christmas party this year...in fact, shhh...we're not supposed to mention christmas, given there are two muslim kids in the school...sorry to the other one thousand of you. We will, however, be setting aside time for Ramadan."

It's turned into a leash, dragging people through a minefield, where it's very easy to make a wrong step, and if you do you're feet won't even hit the ground. Political correctness no longer exists, only 'posative discrimination', and it's driving me insane.

yeah i agree i mean we arent supposed to call them christmas cards anymore now theyve to be "greeting cards" its a disgrace.

Who are these people that come up with these daft thigs?

I once said merry christmas and ended up getting detention...its "Happy Holidays"

but for some odd reason the muslim holidays are respected..yet no respect to us?

some other stuff from Joc's link:

Discrimination :

Old : Ability to notice differences. (to discriminate, discern)

New : Racism. There are no differences between races. One that says that there are differences is a bigot. Suggesting that there are differences is to imply that one way of life might possibly be better than another. In addition, the cultural differences between the races must be respected and protected by law.

Justice

Old - The notion that a person should be punished for transgressing others.

New - The notion that a group of people should be punished for the actions of their ancestors.

Melting Pot :

Old - America is a land of immigrants. The culture of America has been produced by a mix of many diverse cultures.

New - The Melting pot is has been turned off, so it can remain chunky To suggest that Immigrants should melt into American society is racist.

Racist :

Old - One that believes his race to be superior.

New - Somebody that does not agree with the political agenda of a Minority organization

Tolerance:

Old - When a society permits a person to live his life as he sees fit, without fear of persecution.

New - Forcing others to admit that your way of life is just great, and persecuting them if they believe differently.

Patriot :

Old - One who loves his country and culture.

New - Bigot , Racist, Possible Terrorist

Constitution :

Old - Greatest document ever put to pen by man.

New - Manifesto of a racist, Indian murdering Nation written by a bunch of slave owning, money grubbing revolutionary terrorist.

Some ephasises were mine

I once said merry christmas and ended up getting detention

...Please, in the name of all that is good and sane, tell me that you're kidding with this huh.gif

If that really happened, then quite frankly I'd so something about it...there's a limit to how far this crap should be allowed to go before someone puts their foot down and brings it to a stop.

Why are we now being forced to give up of ignore our own beliefs and culture for the sake of people that have lived here for ten minutes? It scares the living hell out of me to see the direction we're going in.

PC HAS gone insane, the only problem is that despite everyone here agreeing with that, our enlightened government disagree, and when it comes to making their voices heard, most people keep silent.

PC HAS gone insane, the only problem is that despite everyone here agreeing with that, our enlightened government disagree, and when it comes to making their voices heard, most people keep silent.

The funny thing is that not everyone sees how PC has done this or to a greater extent how this type of thought has affected the youth as well.

Just for example I am a member of the Dungeons and Dragons MSB. ( I go by Plunderer of the Planes there) Now following this linkwill take you to a discussion that deteriorated due to PC fights. As a Side note Daybreaker refers to a line in my sig that was changed recently the line he referred to was "political correctness offends me"

All over the boards there they have taken an overly PC tone and have even deleted whole threads they deem "offensive"

Scary the affect this country has felt from PC...

So far I like the points given by psychotic sea otter and seraphina ..

And yes Sera , Illegal immigrants are objecting to being called wht they are ... quite sad indeed ... wacko.gifblink.gifrolleyes.gif

I have my own theory on this I have come up with on hearing the views of countless human's . That includes stupid humans , smart humans , "normal" humans , and humans that make you wonder why we are still alive on this earth .

What I believe is that the majority of the human population will always and forever be mentally incapable of understanding how racism works .

For example , lets go back to the 1700's when most people where basically racist . The public idea was that it was a good thing and that their were superior races ( manifest destiny , and other related bull***t ) racism was in a sense "politically correct" and the majority couldn't be more wrong ...

Now we have established racism is wrong ... great ! To bad it seems 80% of the population is too stupid to know what racism is .

the banning of "blackboard"

ingenius , lets ban the word blackboard because it uses the word black and that may offend anyone with blackskin ... well ... it will probobly only affect those with black skin that have suffered one to many blows to the cranium , but it will still offend someone so we must ban it . Hey wait a minute , the color purple is offensive to gays since people associate it with them ! A new idea : we should ban anything with purple in it , and black clothes have got to go along with anything else thats black since it mocks those with african decent ... oooh and red , have to ban that as well as to not offend the indians ! how about the entire color spectrum ! there is something to offend everyone , so lets ban the use of color and paint everything grey ... wait a minute ... then everything would mock eveyone !! Ack ! Oh wait ... new excellent idea just popped into my head ! Lets force everyone to stab their eyes out so everyone will be blind and nothing can offend anyone !! blink.gif

Bottom line :

I will commit to not saying blackboard the day the entire PC staff is commited to an insane assylum , and that will be out of celebration .

"hate" crimes

Its the latest problem folks , the minorities are getting mistreated so we have to ... not just promote anti racism ... but lets try and end it once and for all by using a new technique ....

Dum da da dummmmmm ...

Counter-racism !

thats right , lets fix minorities problems by singling them out and giving them more rights in court so all they have to do to get out of a lawsuit is stand up and say

"I am a half mexican , half negro , homosexual senior"

and they have nothing to worry about because we don't want to accuse this man because that would be racist if we did ! Discrimination is wrong !

Bottom Line :

did what I just rant about make any sense at all ? No ? It doesnt make sense to me either ... rolleyes.gif

white and black

here is a conversation I had recently in LA , I swear it went almost exactly like this ...

<me> hey , can you let me borrow a dime ? I need to make a phonecall

<some black guy from LA> wuzzup foo!

<me>*just going with the flow* wuzzap , I lost some of my money and I need to make a phonecall and get a ride home so can I please have a dime ?

<guy> yo why da hell should I give some dumb*** whiteboy a dime after all those years of supresion ! I say **** you biaaa**h !

<me>um...ok...

<guy> OH ! OH ! you great grandfather aint here no more to bring up da BLING BLING to get mah @$$ out of he now mda****er ! ya I see whats wrong with you !

<me> *walks away , later finds a dime on the sidewalk and goes home*

its pretty obvious some people have forgotten what racism is ... or more likely , they never knew what it was to begin with . Apperantly the guy I talked to had some serious issues and did not know that racism goes for blacks discriminating against whites as well . I dont think that people as a whole will ever understand , So Ill just stop my ranting as I could go on and on . ... whistling2.gif

Good lord...Xenojin...it may be a phrase I shall seldom utter, but I actaully agree with you! w00t.gif

You got detention because you said Merry Christmas instead of Happy Holidays????!!! ohmy.gif I would effing sue!!!!!! There should be a riot!!!!!

But that is the problem, people just don't care. dontgetit.gif

Oh as for term black board. There should be no problem with this term because nobody has black skin (brown yes, black no). rolleyes.gif

And Sea Otter, be comforted in the fact that rude racist person you ran into is being punished right now. He being who he is is punishment enough! w00t.gif

As a side note , the people on that forum sea otter showed us made me laugh.gif

As you can see My persona of the Psychotic Sea Otter is much nicer than my Plunderer of the Planes one.....

I have thought of taking ol Syko for a jaunt there or bringing Plunderer here (the mods would kill me for having more than one persona I know but It was a passing thought)

Anyway the point is there was a time you could hardly post anything without the bleeding hearts stepping in worrying about orc babies, or some such nonsense...I swear though the day I leave that board is the day I see the NAAOP (national association for the Advancement of Orcish Persons...)

And yes it's sda that we get to hear illegal activity condoned through PC speak.....

This has gotten out of control big time...