Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Obama's lead falls two points in new CNN Poll

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16    zitro1987

zitro1987

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 02:55 AM

SoCrazes on Oct 19 2008, 08:03 PM, said:

Vote Fraud!  Read the news.

2004: I think the last-minute bin laden 'vote against bush' helped contribute to Bush winning, not to mention the high turnout of the Christian Right.

2008: Unless McCain reinvents himself or Obama gets into a major scandal, I think an Obama victory is very likely.

#17    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:26 AM

SoCrazes on Oct 20 2008, 01:03 AM, said:

Vote Fraud!  Read the news.

Accusations alone are not facts.

Edited by AROCES, 20 October 2008 - 03:27 AM.

#18    Nxt2Hvn

Nxt2Hvn

Alien Abducter

• 5,082 posts

• 'For we walk by faith, not by sight.' II Corinthians 5:7

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:29 PM

Uh oh!!!  Obama gaining in support in my area .... I have now counted a whole 2 obama signs to the 52 McCain signs in my town.   tongue.gif

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin. ~anonymous~

#19    Dayne

Dayne

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 200 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:37 PM

AROCES on Oct 19 2008, 11:26 PM, said:

Accusations alone are not facts.

West Virginia voters complained in early voting that their electronic voting machines were switching their votes from Democratic to Republican candidates.  They were ignored when reporting this to local voting officials.  Finally one voter who persisted got an explanation that "oh a certain percentage of mistakes will happen".  California GOP is currently under investigation for recruiting people to cirulate a petition to crack down on child molesters.  When these people who signed the petition voted, they noticed their party affilliation had changed from Democrat to Republican.  It seems that the petition had small print on the bottom saying anyone that signed the petition was giving them permission to change their affilliation.  They are currently under investigation.

#20    Incorrigible1

Incorrigible1

Government Agent

• 3,393 posts

• Champanya?

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:41 PM

Dayne on Oct 20 2008, 10:37 AM, said:

West Virginia voters complained in early voting that their electronic voting machines were switching their votes from Democratic to Republican candidates.  They were ignored when reporting this to local voting officials.  Finally one voter who persisted got an explanation that "oh a certain percentage of mistakes will happen".

IF that's the case, shouldn't the "local voting officials" be investigated?

If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its freedom; and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money that it values more, it will lose that too. -- W. Somerset Maugham
Posted Image

#21    Dayne

Dayne

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 200 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:46 PM

Incorrigible1 on Oct 20 2008, 11:41 AM, said:

IF that's the case, shouldn't the "local voting officials" be investigated?

I believe they are, but they are not being singled out, the investigation concerns voting procedures in all swing states and asking why some of these states don't have back up paper ballots when errors like this are noticed.

#22    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,404 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:48 PM

zitro1987 on Oct 20 2008, 05:55 AM, said:

2004: I think the last-minute bin laden 'vote against bush' helped contribute to Bush winning, not to mention the high turnout of the Christian Right.

2008: Unless McCain reinvents himself or Obama gets into a major scandal, I think an Obama victory is very likely.

The McCain lobbying bin Laden so far did not seem to work...he is pretty silent. On the other hand, Ossama's half brother is not a friend of McCain's either...but a good one of Dubya....

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#23    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:51 PM

Dayne on Oct 20 2008, 04:37 PM, said:

West Virginia voters complained in early voting that their electronic voting machines were switching their votes from Democratic to Republican candidates.  They were ignored when reporting this to local voting officials.  Finally one voter who persisted got an explanation that "oh a certain percentage of mistakes will happen".  California GOP is currently under investigation for recruiting people to cirulate a petition to crack down on child molesters.  When these people who signed the petition voted, they noticed their party affilliation had changed from Democrat to Republican.  It seems that the petition had small print on the bottom saying anyone that signed the petition was giving them permission to change their affilliation.  They are currently under investigation.

Like I said accusations alone are not facts.
So far all we have are claims, accusations and investigations. I won't be surprised if these accusers are actually doing the cheating and are just spinning it.

#24    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:59 PM

AROCES on Oct 20 2008, 10:51 AM, said:

Like I said accusations alone are not facts.
So far all we have are claims, accusations and investigations. I won't be surprised if these accusers are actually doing the cheating and are just spinning it.

Are you talking about acorn?

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#25    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:15 PM

Fluffybunny on Oct 20 2008, 04:59 PM, said:

Are you talking about acorn?

ACORN is not an accusation, it's a fact the issue now is whether ACORN is behind it as an organization or just a few workers doing it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users