Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 4 votes

The Dark Woods of West Covina, CA

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#76    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:20 AM

View PostJoker_Vamp, on 22 September 2012 - 06:15 AM, said:

It can feel pretty creepy at times, but it's "history" tends to usually be just stories people tell to get you in the mood. Unless I find proof of these stories being real they will remain that, just stories.

That too, but I was speaking about child killings that occured there. Walking into that scene of those crimes has got to be eerie and unsettling that a killer so many years ago lived in these woods, and preyed on children in these woods, and killed children in these woods.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#77    Joker_Vamp

Joker_Vamp

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:35 AM

That's what I mean, the killings of those kids were just stories. No child killings from a crazy guy happened in Galster Park

#78    n2opony

n2opony

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:27 PM

I've been to this park during the day and at night, I've gone as far as returning to the park at 3am, jumping the fence and searched the woods. I never felt  or heard anything, the only thing that I found strange were the street lights, whenever I was under one of the lights it would start to flicker, but only the one I was under or near, If I walked to the next light the one that was just flickering would glow normally and the one I was under would flicker as if it was following me.  That was the last time I went back..

If you are local to West Covina (Which I'm sure you are OP) take a drive to Pasadena, adjacent to JPL is Devils gate dam, a good place to creep around at night looking for anything paranormal. Do a google search and you will get many hits on the dam and it's sketchy past.

#79    subliminality

subliminality

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:04 PM

Hey all, just an FYI that Galster park is in very close proximity to the old L.A. county dump, wait did I mean close? I meant next door to! Anyways if you make it out to the condemned restrooms I wouldn't suggest you venture any farther. The dump is still in a process of breaking down trash until it is suitable enough to have houses built on it. While the dump is in this state it is very unhealthy to go near it as harmful chemicals can get stirred up into the air and into your lungs. Please take caution if you decide to go into the area and most importantly, think safety!

#80    jamesjr191

jamesjr191

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

• S*** happens, again and again.

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:29 AM

I searched and searched. the only mention of the park was "hauntings" listed on paranormal sites. No reliable News sources mentioned mysterious happenings and I found NO mention of child murders.

If aware that another is wicked, say so:
Make no truce or treaty with foes. Hamaval 127

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users