Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 12 votes

Tantalising Testimony

• Please log in to reply
5542 replies to this topic

#3241    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:41 PM

I wish you had not mentioned the Kelly-Hopkinsville incident. :w00t:

I live alone and have a big window beside my bed... :passifier:

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#3242    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:42 PM

I have often wondered about that George Adamski.  I mean, if Uncle Sugar really wants to get you, they can start hanging all these federal fraud charges on you like mail fraud, wire fraud, telephone fraud, and then start calling in the Internal Revenue Service and all that.  They can just pile up these long lists of charges that end up sending you away to federal prison for 20 or 30 years.  That wasn't done in his case, and maybe he did have someone who just decided to give him a pass to travel around the world talking about all these "contacts" with Venusians and what not.

Was it just to make the whole subject look silly or to distract and divert attention from the real story?  Who knows?

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 07 October 2012 - 11:42 PM.

#3243    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:43 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 07 October 2012 - 11:41 PM, said:

Just as a little historical note, but old Edgar Cayce was also from Hopkinsville, Kentucky.  In fact, I think he was buried there.

#3244    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:53 PM

You should be fine, besides the cops never actually saw anything that the people reported. We all know how much we can trust the local law enforcement

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#3245    1963

Psychic Spy

• 1,114 posts

• When the day is through,and the nightsky shades the blue,and the swallows cease to sing as they fly!.......

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:59 PM

I wouldn't worry about that one so much synchronomy,...it was a long time ago! :whistle:

btw...did you know that Steven Speilberg's original plan was to make a movie of the Kelly-Hopkinsville story !...But chasing the box office dollar as always...he decided that the story was too frightening to gain the correct cinema classification rating that enabled him to smash box office records, and so went on to create ET instead!

Cheers buddy.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
...I found the Smoking Gun at last!!!!!!!!.....https://www.youtube....h?v=fGKOcuANNQo

#3246    1963

Psychic Spy

• 1,114 posts

• When the day is through,and the nightsky shades the blue,and the swallows cease to sing as they fly!.......

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:01 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 07 October 2012 - 11:43 PM, said:

Just as a little historical note, but old Edgar Cayce was also from Hopkinsville, Kentucky.  In fact, I think he was buried there.

But,..did he see that coming MacGuffin...? :innocent:

Cheers.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
...I found the Smoking Gun at last!!!!!!!!.....https://www.youtube....h?v=fGKOcuANNQo

#3247    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:06 AM

View Post1963, on 07 October 2012 - 11:59 PM, said:

I wouldn't worry about that one so much synchronomy,...it was a long time ago! :whistle:

btw...did you know that Steven Speilberg's original plan was to make a movie of the Kelly-Hopkinsville story !...But chasing the box office dollar as always...he decided that the story was too frightening to gain the correct cinema classification rating that enabled him to smash box office records, and so went on to create ET instead!

Cheers buddy.

Well thank goodness for that, ET was a fantastic film.  :tu:

#3248    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:14 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 07 October 2012 - 11:53 PM, said:

You should be fine, besides the cops never actually saw anything that the people reported. We all know how much we can trust the local law enforcement

When I read cases like that I tend to ascribe to Steven Greer's theory that they are all benevolent.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#3249    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:23 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 07 October 2012 - 11:24 PM, said:

They have all the MJ-12 and Project Serpo stuff mixed in there, which of course comes from Richard Doty and friends.  If any of that is true, it's heavily mixed with all kinds of lies and disinformation.

From what I know, they have been trying to shoot down UFOs since 1947, just to get a closer look with what they were dealing with, and they may have succeeded on a couple of occasions.  Maybe someone just got them with a lucky shot.  It happens.  I do think they had some wreckage and bodies by 1950 and that it was the most highly classified subject in the US government by that point.

Then we can just sort of extrapolate what happened to the whole program after that, best on the testimony of Ben Rich and people like that.  I do believe the part where Truman and Eisenhower were even prepared to use nukes on them if it came to that, but we know for sure that they were shooting at them quite a bit and chasing them all over the place.

I don't know anything about Eisenhower but Harry Truman knew about them and was very afraid of the technology and went from there.  In the beginning he didn't think they were bad because he thought they could have easily destroyed us but something changed his mind later.  This came to me from a very reliable source in the 60's. Lazor is a misinformation con.

#3250    1963

Psychic Spy

• 1,114 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:40 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 08 October 2012 - 12:06 AM, said:

Well thank goodness for that, ET was a fantastic film.  :tu:

Always been a Speilberg fan Boony, but I was just too old to appreciate that schmaltzy movie when it first came out!
And having to endure the tedium of watching it with my own kids over the years,...i've grown to detest the damn thing!!...and am definitely not looking forward to having to suffer further viewings with the grandkids! lol!...call me a grumpy old man if you like. :angry: ....but I do like watching 'Batteries Not Included' though! :whistle:

Cheers buddy.

#3251    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:51 AM

View Post1963, on 08 October 2012 - 12:40 AM, said:

Always been a Speilberg fan Boony, but I was just too old to appreciate that schmaltzy movie when it first came out!
And having to endure the tedium of watching it with my own kids over the years,...i've grown to detest the damn thing!!...and am definitely not looking forward to having to suffer further viewings with the grandkids! lol!...call me a grumpy old man if you like. :angry: ....but I do like watching 'Batteries Not Included' though! :whistle:

Cheers buddy.

LOL :lol:

Well I loved it when it first came out, and for that reason it will always hold a special place in my memories. :D

Probably for the same reasons that your kids and eventually your grandkids will love it too! ;)

But I agree, I can't watch it anymore myself.  Once was enough, twice was nostalgic, and three or more is just overkill.  I don't don't envy your purgatory!   ROFL  :rofl:

#3252    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:57 AM

View PostWhite Unicorn, on 08 October 2012 - 12:23 AM, said:

I don't know anything about Eisenhower but Harry Truman knew about them and was very afraid of the technology and went from there.  In the beginning he didn't think they were bad because he thought they could have easily destroyed us but something changed his mind later.  This came to me from a very reliable source in the 60's. Lazor is a misinformation con.

I always thought Bob Lazar was just another Las Vegas hustler.  There's one behind every tree and there were quite a few who started peddling various "Area 51" hoaxes just to make a dollar.

As for Truman and Eisenhower, everything I know indicates that they took a very tough line on UFOs and viewed them as a military problem or national security issue.  Whatever was going on, they didn't seem to regard them as a friendly presence.

#3253    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:02 AM

View Post1963, on 08 October 2012 - 12:01 AM, said:

But,..did he see that coming MacGuffin...? :innocent:

Cheers.

I don't think so, although of course he believed in ETs and that they had been visiting earth for a long time.  That goes without saying, but I never heard that he predicted they would drop in on his own hometown.

#3254    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,087 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:03 AM

View Post1963, on 08 October 2012 - 12:40 AM, said:

Cheers buddy.
oh dear, yes, would have been much more suited to coming from Disney I think. Anyway, according to one popular theory, wasn't Spileberg commissioned to make E.T. inorder to soften the public up for disclosure of the trruth about extraterrestrials? I wonder why that never happened. Perhaps official policy changed. :unsure2:

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#3255    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:53 AM

Good Lord, people,... Hollywood movies predicting the future,... now that is funny.

Cherry picking at its finest.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users