Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Debate reactions

Corp

So first reaction this wasn't a debate this was sharing personal stories. And man Romney walked all over that moderator :P

In all I think Romney took this one. Not because he won but because Obama lost. Romney put out a lot of crap and Obama just let it slide instead of nailing him to the wall. Was popping in and out but a few points I noted:

Romney wants to get rid of PBS? Why do you hate Big Bird?

Umm...Romney? It's cool that you love green energy, but coal and oil aren't green energy.

Good that Obama pointed out Obamacare is basically Romneycare.

See Obama has just given up and is calling it Obamacare now.

We have to control spending! But for the love of God never touch military funding!

It's great that you want to work with Dems Romney...you might want to tell your party that.

Grade schools so parents can pick the good ones? So the bad schools would close and the good schools would become overcrowded and fail. Awesome.

Obama kept going to his happy place. He knew he was in a debate right?

So a good boost for Romney, though time will tell if it's enough to do him any good.

• Like 1

Umm...Romney? It's cool that you love green energy, but coal and oil aren't green energy.

Yet, the government created green energy companies are just giant money sucking pits... :/ That being said, the US does need green technology, but the current methods just don't seem the way to go.

That being said, Obama seemed to have gotten steam-rolled today...

~

Edit:

Romney wants to get rid of PBS? Why do you hate Big Bird?

Cuz bigbird is bloody creepy :unsure2:

Also - I just don't think Obama is good at being challenged with point blank questions anymore... >.>

Edited by Bavarian Raven
  • Like 1

get a grip Corp... it's just a reality show... the Presidential Reality Show... lol

• Like 3

Big bird's voice always annoyed me, even when I was a kid. Send the bird off to KFC and be done with it. :devil:

I second this motion :devil::sk

• Like 1

Great fun to watch. Watching MSNBC afterwards was LOL funny. They were apoplectic and Chris Matthews may have had a blood vessel burst. Listen, this was predictable. Obama was mollycoddled in his debates with Hillary (even SNL joked about it) and he has been protected and insulated for the last 4 years, He hasn't been challenged by the press until Univision asked some hard questions. The result is this soft, silly, angry man-child that acted like he shouldn't have to put up with these peons challenging his authority. Poor Barry actually has a record to run on now and it SUCKS, BTW, blaming Bush doesn't work any longer, even Barry's team realizes that now.

So the big threat is Obama will be more assertive and angry the next time. GOOD, bring it on. That is what we are hoping for. I want to see the real Obama pop out and attack when challenged. This was the worst performance I have ever witnessed by a sitting president and that is because the media has let their special guy get soft. Live by the sword, die by the sword, lefties and you guys mollycoddled this loser for 5 years. Now you see the result. He kept looking for the prompter, which was hilarious. Good luck defending that crash and burn.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 3

Don't really like either one, and a good amount of there speaking points were unsubstantiated crap; but Romeny seemed to actually have a plan besides "More of the last 4 years and hope it works this time!" also Obama just seemed to not even want to be there, in mind body, or anything else; get that man a frikking Expresso STAT!!!!!! Also LEAVE BIG BIRD ALONE!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Did Barack light up a smoke ? Would make a great pic.

• Like 2

I missed most of it. I hope there is a youtube recording or some news site that has the whole thing.

Sounds brutal. But then Obama had been putting out for the last couple days that he wanted people to not expect too much from him. Claimed he was not a good debater. Maybe he was right?

get a grip Corp... it's just a reality show... the Presidential Reality Show... lol

Can we vote both of them off the island?

• Like 2

Mitt seemed to have a pulse tonight. He gave no quarter and Oby seemed almost too polite. I think he got over coached on holding his temper. He lets his arrogance out for a run occasionally and I think he knows that THAT might be the only thing that can lose him this election. Has to keep up the nice guy image.

I agree Romney won based on expectations, which were a lot higher for Obama than for Romney. It was a competitive debate but like boxing, you have to beat the champion if you want to pull out a win, and unfortunately for Romney, he needs a dramatic moment that cuts Obama bone-deep and he didn't even nick him that I could tell.

This late in the fight, Romney needs a knockout. He didn't get one. We'll see what the poll results pan out to be. I expect more competitive numbers from Romney but nothing that will come close to bringing victory in November.

Those clearly coached smiles that President Obama nervously emitted, reminded me of when Chris Rock makes fun of his own ethnicity. Sometimes, you can be a little too prepared.

I suspect this will hurt him, especially with the guilty white vote.

On the other hand, Romulus seemed more in control of his affluent grin. Someone gave him a Reagan reality check, and it paid off.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1

I missed all of it, no sense in staying up until the wee hours just to hear same old repeated with different facial expressions and trained gestures.

I agree Romney won based on expectations, which were a lot higher for Obama than for Romney. It was a competitive debate but like boxing, you have to beat the champion if you want to pull out a win, and unfortunately for Romney, he needs a dramatic moment that cuts Obama bone-deep and he didn't even nick him that I could tell.

This late in the fight, Romney needs a knockout. He didn't get one. We'll see what the poll results pan out to be. I expect more competitive numbers from Romney but nothing that will come close to bringing victory in November.

The problem with your analogy is "the champ" has never had a real fight and he sucks when winging it.

Oh sadly so true. The media kept talking about "Zingers" and winners and losers, this isn't two 10 year olds fighting in the school yard! We need a debate, an exchange and discussion of NEW ideas, not rehashing sound bites! These events are so disheartening.

Oh sadly so true. The media kept talking about "Zingers" and winners and losers, this isn't two 10 year olds fighting in the school yard! We need a debate, an exchange and discussion of NEW ideas, not rehashing sound bites! These events are so disheartening.

The problem is that "new ideas" are just there where they attempt to get at people's money.

The problem is that "new ideas" are just there where they attempt to get at people's money.

Are the austerity measures as bad as we are hearing about in the news? Yikes poor greece.. But under the "It could always be worse headlines" I live in the USA and have to wait til I'm 67 to retire, unless I fund my own retirement. As I understand it (and I could be wrong, you tell me) Greeks retire way before that?

But under the "It could always be worse headlines" I live in the USA and have to wait til I'm 67 to retire, unless I fund my own retirement. As I understand it (and I could be wrong, you tell me) Greeks retire way before that?

Hence the reason Greece is imploding.

I have a question, why do you feel you have a right to someone else funding your retirement? Who pays for that, me? Do I, in your world, have an obligation to pay for your retirement? See, you earn retirement or you pay into it. Social Security, the farce that it is, is funded by money you pay in while working. If you'd like to retire at 55 then there is absolutely no law saying you can't! You simply save enough money to quit working at 55.

Hence the reason Greece is imploding.

I have a question, why do you feel you have a right to someone else funding your retirement? Who pays for that, me? Do I, in your world, have an obligation to pay for your retirement? See, you earn retirement or you pay into it. Social Security, the farce that it is, is funded by money you pay in while working. If you'd like to retire at 55 then there is absolutely no law saying you can't! You simply save enough money to quit working at 55.

I didn't say someone else had to pay for anything. I did pay into SS with the promise of repayment with interest, and won't receive benefits from that forced investment until I'm 67. You are correct, there is no law that says I can't....so I retired at 52 on my own dime and Lovin it!!

Are the austerity measures as bad as we are hearing about in the news? Yikes poor greece.. But under the "It could always be worse headlines" I live in the USA and have to wait til I'm 67 to retire, unless I fund my own retirement. As I understand it (and I could be wrong, you tell me) Greeks retire way before that?

Only if you think you can survive on 350 Euros ($454.024) a month.

I didn't say someone else had to pay for anything. I did pay into SS with the promise of repayment with interest, and won't receive benefits from that forced investment until I'm 67. You are correct, there is no law that says I can't....so I retired at 52 on my own dime and Lovin it!!

Misunderstood, sorry and congrats on your retirement!. Agree on Social Security being a forced investment and a bad one at that.

• Like 2

The problem with your analogy is "the champ" has never had a real fight and he sucks when winging it.

Potentially bigger problem for " the champ" is there much speculation that in a way he was not "winging it" at all and still did bad;

They way he would tilt his head a bit, turn away from Romney when he spoke, looked down like he was being lectured and kind of rolled his eyes as if his mind was someplace else for a second are the exact same mannerisms you would see when having a conversation in person with someone who was also on a cellphone with an ear piece listening to someone on that phone at the same time.

Add that to some pointing out that his right ear stuck out a bit more than his left and the speculation is he had a tiny ear piece in his right ear and was getting his ques from some one else.

If so they screwed up and put it in his wrong ear, at least I think he would have had a easier time if it had been in the ear away from Romney.

Bottom line on the debate, Romney took Obama for a cross country drive strapped to the roof of his car.

The only thing i'm sure of after this debate is that Romney is in love with Obama.

Watch it again, whenever Obama speaks, notice how Romney stares. That's the look of love.

Other than that, complete waste of time.

• Like 2