Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Debate reactions

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#46    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,425 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:07 AM

View PostIs it for real, on 04 October 2012 - 10:52 PM, said:

Until last night I thought Romney was a wuss. I watched all the republican debates and Romney never really sold it to me. I never saw anything exciting. Last night though, he came out proved me wrong. He beat Obama senseless. I didn't expect so much. I also didn't really expect Obama to look like such an ameteur. He seemed helpless and only had 'fair share' talking points to utter. I expected a good fight but it looked more like when Mike Tyson had his first fight after prison with that no name white guy. It wasn't even a match. In Romney I think I seen what makes him who he is. A success. Quick, smart and prepared, controlling and commanding. It really was his stage. I don't think I could stare a president in his eyes and excoriate him like Mitt did. Pretty bold but he did what he had to do. Mr. O on the other hand, he just didn't have it. He shyed away from eye contact. He looked several times like he was just kicked in the balls. I didn't see this great arrogance no matter what the pundits say. If anything, he seemed a bit humbled by Mitts lecturing and far too polite. I thought this guy was supposed to be the man. Apparently though he is just a man. He didn't show the confidence of a commander in chief. You all know I want him out but I'll admit I was a little bit embarrassed for him. Just a little.
Btw, I hated that moderator. In fact I can't stand anyone in that position. They always annoy me. The constant interruptions for time and cutting the guys off. I understand they have a job to do but when you're interviewing for the most important job in the world you just might need more than a few minutes to tell the country what you're all about.

Well said and I agree.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#47    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:18 AM

View PostMerc14, on 04 October 2012 - 11:19 PM, said:

Never read more BS in one post in my life.  :no:   Nothing but sanctimony, hubris, seething anger and wretched humiliation.  Reality just hit the democrats and it sucks but at least have the guts to admit the truth will ya.

BTW, Democrats were oversampled by 4% on CNN's poll, not republicans, so no need to be irritated!  :tsu:  Regardless, even if they had oversampled republicans it wouldn't answer for a 67% to 25% loss unless it was a really HUGE oversample, like 80% republicans.  Why would CNN oversample republicans anyways when they have been covering Barry's butt for 5 years now?  :whistle:   Get a grip son, there are more debates to come.

http://politicaltick...gin/?hpt=hp_t2.

Sampling is right under the humiliating graph.

Link says sample of debate-watchers in the poll was 37% Democratic and 33% Republican.

Example of how how numbers don't show all variables  37 + 33 = 70  
Its the other 30%

Get a grip dad, I'm not  a Democrat LOL
Why do you think I get Republican and RNC mail,  emails, phome call EVERYDAY?

In contrast, I only received one phone call to date from a local Democrat asking for a vote not MONEY and told me the issues and how he plans on doing it...
Quite frankly if I sound "Nothing but sanctimony, hubris, seething anger and wretched humiliation" its because of the Republican soliciations  not  the debate itself!

I'm just a person looking at the issues and as well as the candidates
not like Republicans and Democrats are opposing football teams to be supported no matter what by their die hard fans!

#48    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,357 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:00 AM

View PostJeremiah65, on 04 October 2012 - 02:39 PM, said:

Well, it went down as I completely expected it to.  Win goes to Romney.  I have a strong suspicious streak that it was scripted. Had Obama walked all over Romney, he would have lost more ground in the polls which would lead to loss of campaign contributors....loss of media money, etc.  My first line of thinking as it went exactly as TPTB meant for it to go.

Now that being said, it appeared Obama's camp bit on the bait that Romney was banking on "zingers" to win the debate and that is not how he came out.  Obama looked unprepared, clumsy and somewhat arrogant...as if he was perturbed he had to be there and put up with this guy questioning his policies.

I hope my guy gets a shot to be on stage in one of the two remaining debates.  I'm not going to hold my breath though.  Had Gary Johnson been on stage last night, that may have drawn some fire away and in some ways, it needed to happen exactly the way it happened....scripted or not.

ditto... thx for posting

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#49    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,544 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:12 AM

View PostWalter White, on 04 October 2012 - 09:45 PM, said:

Is there a possibility that Obama lost the debate because he was in a bad mood over missing his 20th wedding anniversary?

Hell/woman/scorned, that sort of thing?  Michelle's probably hoping he'll lose now, just to teach him.

That wouldn't do much for my confidence in him.

#50    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,950 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:30 PM

Nah he was spending the debate thinking he could be having sex instead of dealing with Romney :P

Edited by Corp, 05 October 2012 - 03:31 PM.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#51    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,716 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:27 PM

View PostCorp, on 05 October 2012 - 03:30 PM, said:

Nah he was spending the debate thinking he could be having sex instead of dealing with Romney :P

Heh, if that's the case, I can only imagine what Wild Bill was thinking during his debates. :D

#52    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,680 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:27 AM

The idea of watching these 2 having a WWF wrestling match for us just makes me want to puke. I refuse to play any part in this. Not only do I refuse to vote for either of these clowns, I wont even be a spectator and pretend everything coming outta thier mouths isnt a lie.

Edited by preacherman76, 06 October 2012 - 10:36 AM.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#53    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,685 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:01 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 06 October 2012 - 10:27 AM, said:

The idea of watching these 2 having a WWF wrestling match for us just makes me want to puke. I refuse to play any part in this. Not only do I refuse to vote for either of these clowns, I wont even be a spectator and pretend everything coming outta thier mouths isnt a lie.
My initial reaction to your post is...Well, then, you don't have a say in it at all....but, and, as soon as that thought completes itself...the nagging Real Truth behind the fasad reintroduces itself to my psyche.   I will use your Signature quote as a pretext:  Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.  It fits in nicely with the First Axiom of Dan (Truth just is...it is not incumbent upon belief in order to be, it just is.)  Actually it is the Axiom in reverse.  Just because you believe it doesn't make it true.  Just because you disbelieve it does not make it false...that being said:  Hmmmm....this is hard....I sort of agree with you.  On one hand there is the argument of The Lesser of Two Evils ...on the other hand there is the argument of Evil is Evil.   I don't think either of these men are 'evil'...my gut just tells me that we are all being played like a chess game by people we don't even know...We the public are the pawns...The President, etc.  are also pieces on the board.  The actual 'players of the game'  make all the moves...and the Prolitariate thinks they are controlling it...we don't control anything.  We don't pick the President...the Players do.   They are the ones with the 'plan'....Romney, Obama, Reid, Pelosi, and everyone else are just pieces on 'their' board.
The end game I believe is destroy China to destroy our debt and reEstablish ourselves as the ONLY SuperPower...that is...WE must control the purse strings of the Global Economy....but even that isn't the real end game.  The CheckMate is total loss of all Freedoms...while believing that we are Free-er than we have ever been.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#54    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,170 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:44 PM

Did not watch the debates, but last night on Daily Show and Colbert saw some of the footage. :innocent:

Poor old B'rack--he looked like a whipped puppy over there, staring at the floor.

I didn't realize it was so one-sided. And poor old Chris Matthews almost went apoplectic afterwards!

:tsu:

#55    Order66

Order66

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

• The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger ...

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:28 PM

I think Paul Ryan's going to do well also. Ryan is very quick on his feet and very assertive, whereas Biden is a walking gaffe machine. If you dressed a gaffe in a suit and gave it an official title, it would be VP Biden. I think Biden will have a lot of insulting cheap-shots and one-liners, but as far as having anything substantive to say, Paul Ryan will win the day.

Edited by Vein Capital, 06 October 2012 - 06:32 PM.

Posted Image

#56    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,680 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:34 AM

View Postjoc, on 06 October 2012 - 02:01 PM, said:

My initial reaction to your post is...Well, then, you don't have a say in it at all....but, and, as soon as that thought completes itself...the nagging Real Truth behind the fasad reintroduces itself to my psyche.   I will use your Signature quote as a pretext:  Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.  It fits in nicely with the First Axiom of Dan (Truth just is...it is not incumbent upon belief in order to be, it just is.)  Actually it is the Axiom in reverse.  Just because you believe it doesn't make it true.  Just because you disbelieve it does not make it false...that being said:  Hmmmm....this is hard....I sort of agree with you.  On one hand there is the argument of The Lesser of Two Evils ...on the other hand there is the argument of Evil is Evil.   I don't think either of these men are 'evil'...my gut just tells me that we are all being played like a chess game by people we don't even know...We the public are the pawns...The President, etc.  are also pieces on the board.  The actual 'players of the game'  make all the moves...and the Prolitariate thinks they are controlling it...we don't control anything.  We don't pick the President...the Players do.   They are the ones with the 'plan'....Romney, Obama, Reid, Pelosi, and everyone else are just pieces on 'their' board.
The end game I believe is destroy China to destroy our debt and reEstablish ourselves as the ONLY SuperPower...that is...WE must control the purse strings of the Global Economy....but even that isn't the real end game.  The CheckMate is total loss of all Freedoms...while believing that we are Free-er than we have ever been.

Alot of people feel that way. Thinking if someone doesnt vote, then they shouldnt be able to complain. In some cases Id agree with that. If you dont vote simply cause you dont care then that should be the case. However, Im not voting, not cause I dont care, but because this whole system is a sham. The two men that stand before us are just puppets of the banking cartel. To vote for either one of these men is to condone the incremental destruction of individual liberty, the destruction of the dollar, and any chance we might have had at mending over sea fences to have a chance for peace. I say, if you vote for either of these two men, its YOU who dont have a right to complain. We know full well what these men will do once in office. More spending, more freedom stripping legislation, and more war.  Yet you pulled the lever for one of them anyway.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#57    joc

joc

• 12,685 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 07 October 2012 - 10:34 AM, said:

Alot of people feel that way. Thinking if someone doesnt vote, then they shouldnt be able to complain. In some cases Id agree with that. If you dont vote simply cause you dont care then that should be the case. However, Im not voting, not cause I dont care, but because this whole system is a sham. The two men that stand before us are just puppets of the banking cartel. To vote for either one of these men is to condone the incremental destruction of individual liberty, the destruction of the dollar, and any chance we might have had at mending over sea fences to have a chance for peace. I say, if you vote for either of these two men, its YOU who dont have a right to complain. We know full well what these men will do once in office. More spending, more freedom stripping legislation, and more war.  Yet you pulled the lever for one of them anyway.
I am concerned about the long run. But, there is no 'long run' if we get slaughtered in the 'short run' so, I am going to pull that lever and I am going to pull it for Romney.  I like thinking I have a choice...even if the books are always cooked.  But what I am concerned with again is the short run.  Keeping my house...feeding my family...paying for things...unless someone brings unemployment figures down to where they were during the Bush years...the short run is going to suck really, really bad...and if the short run sucks really bad...how can the long run not suck as well?  In short, I won't make it to the long run if Obama is re-elected.  And I don't want a damned ObamaPhone...I want to be able to pay for my own damn phone without being forced to pay for some stupid beaches phone...and car...and food...and shelter...and babies...

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#58    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 07 October 2012 - 10:34 AM, said:

I usually vote with no great expections and only a small hope, but mostly IN HONOR of the veterans who believed they fought and died to defend our right to vote and believed it did make a difference.

I believe If you don't vote you are becoming part of a scam as well. If I see two people I don't like I don't vote for either one,  There are write ins and at worst you can skip that office. This has been an embarrassment if nothing else to winners. The media still reports the message that the guy with a prison but a wonderful community service record  gets elected several times with the majority of the vote only to be disqualified again because  he still hasn't received his official pardon!  Do you know how many local issues are snuck in such as taxes and laws when they know voters are apothetic and then that's the only time you hear the none voters when they complain?

Everyone needs to try to change what they can about the system even if it's in a small way. If a system goes too far amuck against the majority of people, we can learn a sad fact from history. We have to focus on fixing the system before it becomes a counter revolution which usually ends in a worse system for the majority of the people for years.

#59    Slate

Slate

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:01 PM

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

#60    joc

joc

• 12,685 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:14 AM

View Posttapirmusic, on 04 October 2012 - 11:22 PM, said:

Ever wonder what the candidates would look like if they swapped hair?
Posted Image

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image
Maybe we really do have a rock star president after all...
The Red Hot Obama Peppers

Posted Image

ReverbNation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users