Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Hagel Confirms Chemical Weps in Syria

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,797 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

http://www.cbsnews.c...=e879&ttag=e879

Wonder where THIS leaves us?

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#2    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,244 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:29 PM

Israel said the same thing only few days ago. I wouldn't be surprised if Syria is using it as last choice of ending the conflict. Syria is really struggling and they keep saying they are winning but will Assad supporters think twice.

#3    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

So the US doesn't like the possibility of Assad using chemical weapons on the same people they don't mind bombing the **** out of?

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#4    sickpuppy

sickpuppy

tinfoil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

aww, c'mon coffey
you know we're not barbarians anymore, one endeavors to dispatch ones enemies with a modicum of class

/derisive snort while holding tea-cup with pinky extended as tory candidate paddles me silly
:lol:

My contribution is deciding how giant mutant space goats travel in space.
Newton's Second Law: For every action there is a equal and opposite reaction. They fart themselves around.

#5    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,797 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

View PostCoffey, on 25 April 2013 - 04:36 PM, said:

So the US doesn't like the possibility of Assad using chemical weapons on the same people they don't mind bombing the **** out of?
Frankly it confuses me also.  I've long said that no matter WHO wins in Syria, the west loses.  But I think Oby has laid a trap for himself by making a "red line" over the use  of these things.  An Israeli brigadier either slipped and let the cat out of the bag OR intentionally let loose intel he shouldn't have and then Hagel had to fess up.  Either way, Obama said if Syria used or moved them too much he would act.  I just hope he acts as judiciously as possible.  I do NOT want to see US troops in Syria.  They have had enough and it's time to bring them home, not add to the burden.  If the US is to be involved in Syria, I hope it's quick and extremely dirty.  Bomb the everliving CRAP out of every weapons storage, troop barracks, anti aircraft site and even truck park they have.  And while we're at it hit a few of the rebel positions as well if we have reliable intel that they are anti US.  IOW act with intelligence to help OUR interests if we are risking OUR lives to do so.

#6    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,609 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:47 AM

NATO intervention is required in Syria.

Waiting for a red line to be crossed was waiting too long.

Of course the end goal is helping the people, from both sides, restore democracy. Bombings to that effect as in Libya might be a go to option but it should be as in Libya and not the type of bombings and then is advocating.

Allow the Arab Spring to continue.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!, 26 April 2013 - 01:48 AM.

#7    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,595 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:52 AM

View PostLeave Britney alone!, on 26 April 2013 - 01:47 AM, said:

NATO intervention is required in Syria.

Waiting for a red line to be crossed was waiting too long.

Of course the end goal is helping the people, from both sides, restore democracy. Bombings to that effect as in Libya might be a go to option but it should be as in Libya and not the type of bombings and then is advocating.

Allow the Arab Spring to continue.

That may appear to be the goal. But it is not. Al Qeada is leading the rebels in Syria. The US has already sent Al Qeada hundreds of millions of dollars and millions of dollars worth of equipment. These are the same people who we were fighting in Afganistan.

The ultimate goal is to destable the area surrounding israel.

#8    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,797 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:08 AM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 26 April 2013 - 01:52 AM, said:

That may appear to be the goal. But it is not. Al Qeada is leading the rebels in Syria. The US has already sent Al Qeada hundreds of millions of dollars and millions of dollars worth of equipment. These are the same people who we were fighting in Afganistan.

For what reason?  I mean, why would the US want to cause problems for an ally?  Especially when WE would have to become involved when they get attacked?  It doesn't add up for me.

#9    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,595 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:14 AM

View Postand then, on 26 April 2013 - 02:08 AM, said:

For what reason?  I mean, why would the US want to cause problems for an ally?  Especially when WE would have to become involved when they get attacked?  It doesn't add up for me.
Why,I couldn't tell you. Maybe someone is following this freemasonry documentfrom the 1870's (however, it was first released in a book in 1925)

But you cannot deny that the US has backed revolutions in Eygpt, Lybia and now Syria which were fairly peaceful places with US backed dictators. Now they are less peaceful and run by extremist who refuse to recognize Israels right to exist.

Edited by Professor Buzzkill, 26 April 2013 - 02:14 AM.

#10    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,609 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:16 AM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 26 April 2013 - 01:52 AM, said:

That is a powerful video.

The reasons our leaders want to destabalize other countries can only strike me as falling under the mindset that it is good business for some.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!, 26 April 2013 - 02:17 AM.

#11    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:23 AM

Never believe a story told by Hagel

#12    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,057 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:41 AM

Unless new news has occurred, the claim of chemical weapons is speculative, though I undertand that there was a "classified" briefing that few will know the details.

However, at least frrom what I understand, the US President does not consider the event, if true, to be one of such severity to "cross the red line" to involve US ground forces. I think we are spread thin enough as it is around the world.

If it were a major chemical attack, I suppose the US/UN would view this differently.

I have not heard that this is a case of widespread chemical weapon use. I could be wrong, of course, but I guess we'll see if there is any validation and whatever US response to the claim.

#13    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,797 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

View Postpallidin, on 26 April 2013 - 03:41 AM, said:

Unless new news has occurred, the claim of chemical weapons is speculative, though I undertand that there was a "classified" briefing that few will know the details.

However, at least frrom what I understand, the US President does not consider the event, if true, to be one of such severity to "cross the red line" to involve US ground forces. I think we are spread thin enough as it is around the world.

If it were a major chemical attack, I suppose the US/UN would view this differently.

I have not heard that this is a case of widespread chemical weapon use. I could be wrong, of course, but I guess we'll see if there is any validation and whatever US response to the claim.
I have made it VERY clear that I don't want US involvement there but having said that, our president has spoken from his bully pulpit and set a "red line".  If he simply moves it now as he does domestic issues  - at will - he AND the US will be considered paper tigers by other enemies.  It is a dangerous thing to be doing in the current atmosphere.  I need not tell you that THIS is why US presidents need to be very careful with making such statements.  This man is a menace to our country and I will be very glad when he is no longer in that position.  If our country has truly shifted "left" then possibly he would be followed by another Clinton - but I refuse to believe that America will fall to so ignoble a place.

#14    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,244 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

If Chemicals were found in Jordan or Israel, then I think we know what will happen next

#15    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,797 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:49 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 26 April 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

If Chemicals were found in Jordan or Israel, then I think we know what will happen next
If chemicals are seen moving to Hezbollah or if they get used against Israel then what Oby wants won't matter much anymore.  Assad will get bum rushed and his military will cease to be a fighting force - quickly.  As will many of the rebels.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users