Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What's for dinner?

SpiritWriter

I went all out yesterday with the cooking, fried chicken breast, sweet and sour sauce, mashed potatoes with gravy, corn and rolls then cherry cobbler and ice cream for desert, so today its going to be something that I can just pop in the microwave or oven then wait for the buzzer. Probably pizza or toasted ravioli with home made pizza sauce for dipping and a salad.

• Like 5

Tonight at the group home I work at i am preparing pork chops, marinated in a garlic, ginger, soy sauce, mandarin orange puree marinade and then grilled. Steamed broccoli, and buttered potatoes round out the menu (which I didn't make - I am just adding my flair to "grilled pork chops" as listed. :)

• Like 4

Sliders, onion rings, and fried pickles....

At McFarlins in Bandon.

• Like 2

Fried onions and red pepper with brown rice :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I went all out yesterday with the cooking, fried chicken breast, sweet and sour sauce, mashed potatoes with gravy, corn and rolls then cherry cobbler and ice cream for desert, so today its going to be something that I can just pop in the microwave or oven then wait for the buzzer. Probably pizza or toasted ravioli with home made pizza sauce for dipping and a salad.

Okay, that's it. How much will it cost me to fly you over here to be my personal chef? Salary negotiable.

• Haha 1

Filet mignon grilled to perfection, sweet blue crab, grilled hallowed out onions stuffed with asparagus, squash, zucchini and chopped up bacon, and a green salad with vegetables galore with fat free ranch dressing because I'm watching my figure ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mon: shrimp salad sandwich, citris ginger shrimp/ mayo red pepper flakes for spice, gouda and brie cheese, spinich, fresh baked bread, grilled. Pickle on the side, very delicious

Tues: Taco salad - lazy meal, last of the tortilla chips mixed in with salsa, mashed avocado, tomatoes and chopped lettuce. Normally I would put chilli and sour cream in it but not this time, grated cheddar cheese...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lunch today....Chicken Ramen with Sriracha +Baby carrots dipped in peanut butter. Same thing I had yesterday. And the day before. And the day before....except that day I had some cheese too. :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

chicken noodle soup that has been simmering for a few hours and french bread from the bakery up the street. perfect for this very wet, very cold evening!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

"Grilled cheese sandwich" made from toast and melted Swiss cheese in the microwave. I generally do not attempt serious cooking on a work night.

• Haha 1

A mouthwatering bowl of delicious chocolate cocoa pebbles, smothered in, fresh from the store, 2% milk. Talk about fancy.

• Like 5

for dinner earlier I had a large quesadilla - cheese only - because really what else do you need? Also some more carrots with peanut butter. Then I had a Boulevard porter during band practice, and now, since practice is over and I'm rather still awake I made a large-ish bowl of drunkenly buttered air-popped popcorn and am enjoying a boulevard pale ale along with it.

Carb-loading like a boss, y'all!

for dinner earlier I had a large quesadilla - cheese only - because really what else do you need? Also some more carrots with peanut butter. Then I had a Boulevard porter during band practice, and now, since practice is over and I'm rather still awake I made a large-ish bowl of drunkenly buttered air-popped popcorn and am enjoying a boulevard pale ale along with it.

Carb-loading like a boss, y'all!

I keep laughing at your carrot/pb combination but then I just realized I used to eat celery and pb when I was able to have it - which sounds equally weird. hahaha

• Like 2

I keep laughing at your carrot/pb combination but then I just realized I used to eat celery and pb when I was able to have it - which sounds equally weird. hahaha

Don't knock it til you try it! :) protein and veggies in the same bite. delicious to boot. Celery and PB is ok, but I prefer carrots. Plus they had baby carrots on sale for a dollar a bag at the store so I bought three. :D

I have just enjoyed a large bowl of homemade leek and potato soup :D . Remembered to go easy on the nutmeg this time ....... anyone else have trouble with nutmeg? I find it has a very subtle mind-altering effect which is usually accompanied by a slight headache :( .

• Like 1

Tonight for supper was Cavatini pasta with chicken, bacon, and homegrown chive bulbs in a butter sauce with parmesan cheese. Didn't have to worry about leftovers with that one....my girls devoured it. Oh and a can of green beans, because thats a veggie that they'll all eat.

• Like 1

Boiled cabbage, boiled potatoes, baked beans, very small amount of veggie gravy.

• Like 1

Sliders, onion rings, and fried pickles....

At McFarlins in Bandon.

Fried pickle, do you just slice up a dill and fry it. Sounds interesting. Me I do take out mostly

I have just enjoyed a large bowl of homemade leek and potato soup :D . Remembered to go easy on the nutmeg this time ....... anyone else have trouble with nutmeg? I find it has a very subtle mind-altering effect which is usually accompanied by a slight headache :( .

I never had trouble with it but I heard you could get real high and severly ill from it. I heard it is terrible, thats why its not a popular drug. Yoy must be very sensitive.... small amounts for seasoning never bothered me. I really love it with spinach. Matter of fact im having spinach now...

Food im eating:

Fried tofu with salt and fresh pepper

Grilled onions

Rice w/ herbs

Sauteed spinach... layered on one another in a bowl.. but not in this order. Layered like this, rice, tofu, onions, spinach. I cooked all pieces with coconut oil and the spinach w soy sauce.

Gonna add a sprinkle of nutmeg now since you made me think of it

• Like 1

Ok yeah.. I shouldnt have done that. Nutmeg and spinach go better together with marinara or cream sauce type dishes. What was I thinking.......?

Well. Its not that bad..

• Like 1

Just about to do my world famous shepherds pie!!! quick run through, fry down the mince meat till it is dry as dry can be, on the way to being dry throw in some hot paprika, splash of soy, salt-pepper. Then in with the chopped onions and peppers, sweat down nicely. In with a tin of chili kidney beans, quick stir then throw in quality tin of chopped tomatoes, two cloves of chopped garlic with two fiery hot chopped chilies and into the slow cooker for three hours or so. Boil some baby potatoes, while draining them off into the hot pan you just emptied a great big nob of butter, reduce down and in with a blob of mustard (English of course) back in with the potatoes and coat well before crushing. Get meat into a oven dish, let cool then cover with mash...

Cook until potato starts to brown, sprinkle on grated cheese, mature cheddar. Serve with fresh veg and a bit of gravy, ketchup optional. This just gets better with age, next day, day after, mmmmmm....

Edited by JC2
  • Like 1