Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Breakfast, anyone...?

Minds_Eye

Breakfast is supposed to be the most important meal of the day, but most of us are probably too busy to make time to sit down and really enjoy it much less prepare a healthy, first morning meal. I tend to eat erratically... there are days when I'm 'good' (oatmeal and fruit) and other days when I'm 'bad' (potato chips and chocolate milk). Sometimes, I skip breakfast altogether if I'm rushing to work. :/

So what's your favorite and/or typical breakfast?

Tea and toast.......always.

Two slices of wholemeal bread, and a mug of tea with milk and no sugar. I don't have much of an appetite for breakfast but I never skip it.

A full fry is my favourite breakfast but of course I'd rarely have one due to health reasons so Monday-Friday I have porridge & fruit for breakfast, on weekends I'm rarely up in time & skip straight to lunch.

Rye toast with avocado, a drizzle of olive oil and a bit of salt on top. Black coffee, or tea with milk. If I feel like eggs there is usually cheese and salsa involved. :yes:

• Like 2

Always a black coffee or two.

I usually have cereal and toast around 10am if I'm at home.

Sometimes I'll skip b/fast all together.. and wait until lunch to grab a bite.

my usual coffee or tea (mainly tea) toast or lego my ego waffles.

sigh

the single life.

Almost the same every day, coffee and cigarette :(

• Like 1

3 egg omelet with onions, bell pepper, ham and anything else I can find to put in it..preferably mushrooms and squash....and cheese.

• Like 2

depends most mornings i just try to rehydrate so water and juice if i do wake up hungry i have a 6 egg omelet, toast, hashbrowns, back bacon, and a salad and im usually snacking on some granola too.

• Like 2

I have coffee, fruit, a couple of thin slices of good cheese and sometimes a slice of toast.

On Sunday I make a large breakfast for my husband consisting of eggs, bacon or sausage, fried potatoes or grits, biscuits and gravy. I still mostly just have fruit.

• Like 2

I'm not a big fan of eating right when I wake up and because of my thyroid being removed (one of the reasons I left the forums years ago and the health issues) I have to wait quite some time after taking my med's to eat food.

I do love my coffee though.

I usually eat something a couple hours after I get up - any sort of whole, clean food; no junk. I'm a big fan of apples :yes:

edit to add: I am a big fan of eating breakfast-type foods for lunch or dinner too!

Edited by She-ra
  • Like 3

I usually eat something a couple hours after I get up - any sort of whole, clean food; no junk. I'm a big fan of apples :yes:

You couldn't exactly call what I eat breakfast since it's never before 9:30. We always call it what it is, brunch. lol

• Like 1

Love brunch! We all used to go out and do big brunch gatherings. Haven't done that in a very long time. Mmmm, making me hungry now.

• Like 1

Love brunch! We all used to go out and do big brunch gatherings. Haven't done that in a very long time. Mmmm, making me hungry now.

I wish my husband liked eggs benedict as much as I do. I would make it more often on Sundays, but he likes a traditional country breakfast. We do have Mimosas occasionally anyway.

I have some beautiful crab legs in the freezer and I may make crab benedict this weekend to shake things up a bit.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 1

That's sounds amazing! I'm on my way :P

I'm from just outside of washington, dc in maryland so we are crab people over here!!!

*drools*

• Like 1

Sometimes I'll just have a yogurt and a piece of fruit and other times I'll have a bowl of cereal or some toast with a cup of milk.

• Like 1

Apple Cinnamin Cheerios.

Depends on whether morning love making was achieved. A good hearty breakfast is then in order..:D

Yea I went there..:P

Coffee white with 1 sugar and a piece of toast (crust cut off for dogs). I'm not a eat in the morning person but when I have my course I have to eat around 6:30-7am so I'm not hungry while busy and unable to eat. Every now and then on the weekend I'll make bacon mixed through scrambled eggs with cheese, salt and pepper on toast. This morning is French toast, it's only just after 7am Thurs morning and not at course today

bacon, sausage and egg barm, coffee with plenty if milk a 2 sugars, keeps me in check with my previous truck driver lifestyle, also keeps me going till about 4pm.

Edited by Redefining Success
  • Like 1

Depends on whether morning love making was achieved.

Once again sir, i doth my cap.

Edited by Redefining Success
  • Like 1