Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 3 votes

Question on construction of Pyramids of Giza

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#91    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 21,386 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:05 AM

I thought the Giza Plateau was like 150 feet higher then the river bank? A flood that reached the pyramids would flood/drown every single living thing in Egypt.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#92    Dontlisten2me

Dontlisten2me

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:41 AM

The river was still closer.

The Great Pyramid was only around 150 years after the first pyramid(step pyramid, but Gisr el-Mudir seems to predate it) was built. Strange. Something must of been going around maybe because of Caral, Peru was around the same time.

#93    Quaentum

Quaentum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts

• The number of fringe believers is inversely proportional to what is left to discover in our world.

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

View Postkampz, on 14 December 2012 - 09:41 AM, said:

The river was still closer.

The Great Pyramid was only around 150 years after the first pyramid(step pyramid, but Gisr el-Mudir seems to predate it) was built. Strange. Something must of been going around maybe because of Caral, Peru was around the same time.

Anything lower than the plateau would have flooded before the flood waters covered the plateau.  Closeness to the river is irrelevant.

AA LOGIC
They didn't use thousands of workers - oops forgot about the work camps
There's no evidence for ramps - You found one?...Bummer
Well we know they didn't use ancient tools to cut and shape the stones - Chisel marks?  Craps
I still say aliens built them!

#94    Dontlisten2me

Dontlisten2me

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:11 AM

It's a shorter trip to put water in barrels and bring them back to the build site compared to now is all I'm saying. I've heard people claim the Nile was flooded during the time of the build. That would explain how 100,000 men worked on the project for each 3 months continually (Said Herodotus) because peasants wouldn't of had any work to do in the fields. They probably were more welcoming to the idea of "slave" building the Pyramids. It's not ideal to lay food and drink on that many men. Bread, fruit and usually meat once and a while is it. You would think you would need a decent supply of meat to keep there bodies strong because of all the lifting.

Accept theories today have around 4,000 to 6,700 men working on it on any given time.
Dr. Heribert Illig and Franz Löhner calculate a total number of 6'700 workers, which were necessary to build Khufu's pyramid. Most of those were highly skilled craftsmen and artisans, not unskilled workers or even slaves.

Modern Egyptologist say 20,000 to 25,000 men working on it on any given time.

Herodotus wrote about 2000 years later: "For this, they said, the ten years were spent, and for the underground chambers on the hill" and "For the making of the pyramid itself there passed a period of twenty years" and "they worked by a hundred thousand men at a time, for each three months continually"

Nowadays most people think that number is exaggerated and that such a number of builders in one spot is difficult to manage. They would need a village nearby to live in(People didn't or haven't found any trace of it)

Edited by kampz, 15 December 2012 - 03:33 AM.

#95    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 10,590 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:58 AM

View Postkampz, on 15 December 2012 - 03:11 AM, said:

Nowadays most people think that number is exaggerated and that such a number of builders in one spot is difficult to manage. They would need a village nearby to live in(People didn't or haven't found any trace of it)

Well, except for that large workers villageright there on the site, you mean.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Anybody like Coleridge?

#96    Dontlisten2me

Dontlisten2me

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

I actually meant a town that held 100,000 men.(Herodotus) I would think there would be something there. People have always been living near it and still do. My mistake. There was probably more then that town.

#97    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 21,386 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

I thought they had found 3 villages. One next to the build site and two other satalite villages a couple miles into the nile valley?

30,000 would have been more than enough. 10,000 might have even done it. I don't think there are any actual experts that still think 100,000 is number that should even be discussed. It has been thrown out.

Also, Kampz, when quoting something, like you did with Dr. Heribert Illig and Franz Löhner, it is required for you to post your sources, so we all can check if what you are quoting is true.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#98    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 37,145 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 17 December 2012 - 08:42 PM, said:

I thought they had found 3 villages. One next to the build site and two other satalite villages a couple miles into the nile valley?

30,000 would have been more than enough. 10,000 might have even done it. I don't think there are any actual experts that still think 100,000 is number that should even be discussed. It has been thrown out.

Also, Kampz, when quoting something, like you did with Dr. Heribert Illig and Franz Löhner, it is required for you to post your sources, so we all can check if what you are quoting is true.

There are 3 villages but not all from the same time as far as we can tell at this point in time. And yes, 10,000 plus support (blacksmith and tool makers) would have been enough.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users