Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Religious beliefs and the election

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:43 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 08 November 2012 - 10:12 AM, said:

I knew he was shot in the foot with his traditional attitude towards women.

That is exactly what I was thinking..  I thought, if he is going along and agreeing with  Ryan  on his views about women ..voting against them getting equal pay, making many forms of birth control illegal and  favouring pro life..  I cannot  imagine many women going along with this..  I think he knew fine well that  giving the amount of strong women in the USA that  this could cost Romeny the election..  I thought to myself -  Was this his plan?  You would nearly think Ryan deliberately got Romeny  to go along with those views  knowing it would cost him the election,  unless they are both as dumb as bricks.. Not to forget their views on immigration..  The amount of people who have immigrated to the US and became voters.. will sink them too.. and that looks exactly what happened

Romney and Ryans views on women alone   sure messed it up for ..They shot themselves in the foot

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 08 November 2012 - 12:01 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#17    Capt Amerika

Capt Amerika

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

View PostMagicjax, on 07 November 2012 - 01:41 AM, said:

I'm just curious. If you're in the US did or would your religious belief effect who you did or would vote for?

I can see that it could for some people. I know it depends on if they'll bring their religious beliefs into their decision making. In some cases I can't see how they can't play a part. For example bush certainly let it effect stem cell research.

Just curious how much of a consideration it really is/was to people. I know the answers will vary from person to person.

I would not worry one single bit about a candidates religion.  We have checks and balances to keep any one person from fundamentally changing the nation based on their religious beliefs.
I would not vote on a president based on his personal views either, Gay Marriage, aborttion, etc....
The ONLY thing i look at when voting is which candidate is going to follow the constitution and keep our nation safe and fiscally responsible.
Period!  Thats it.   Ron Paul would have been absolutely perfect in my opinion, actually he would be the ONLY person that i saw who would have put the nation first, ahead of any agenda or political motives to try to please every group in the nation.
Our politicians today just want to please the special interest groups to ensure they stay in power as long as possible.
Obama 4 more years?
What did he bring to us in the first four years that warrants a continuation?
nothing but debt, lies, and deceit all while using Bush as a scapegoat.

#18    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

View PostCapt Amerika, on 08 November 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

What did he bring to us in the first four years that warrants a continuation?
nothing but debt, lies, and deceit all while using Bush as a scapegoat.

Yes, because the US  only hit recession   when Obama was elected...Obama and his big ideas on going to war in Iraq  .. Didn't anyone tell Obama that going to war will be costly? Silly man  lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 08 November 2012 - 02:38 PM.

#19    Mystic Crusader

Mystic Crusader

Poltergeist

• 2,213 posts

• "What would you rather be, a bus driver, or a super terrorist?"

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

The recession began with Katrina in 2005 when they shut down some of the oil refineries in the gulf of Mexico, I was working at a truck stop at the time, fuel prices jumped 150%, which in turn they passed it onto the consumers.  The market really started it's descent in august 2008, when bush was in office not obama.

Thomas Paine wrote in The Age of Reason that “Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries, the cruel and torturous execution, the unrelenting vindictiveness, with which more than half the Bible is filled, it would be consistent that we called it the word of a demon, than the word of God."
Jewish gematria # 629:
The holy bible
Demonic inspiration

#20    Magicjax

Magicjax

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

Yes. Obama got in after the damage was done. Not before. It's amazing how many seem to think it was his doing.

Man in suit!

Posted Image

#21    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,503 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

Presidents do not cause recession. It's very simple. The housing market was over leveraged. The highly available money in the form of preditory loans creates a false demand. A demand that is only driven by the availability of money, that creates upward pressure in prices, everyone sees the paper gain on the market and tried to get in on it by takeing out more predatory loans which again creates more upward pressure. It's a vicious cycle.

The fed saw what was happening to late. The ticked up interest rates and all those predatory loans became unmanagable. Boom! massive economic failure. It's quite nearly the same thing that happened in 1929 ( the start of tge great depression) with margin calls just in a different market with different dynamics and instruments.

3 groups of people at fault. 1st the banks. Banks were attempting to gouge the market. They jumped on the equity bandwagon and should have known better. They were clueless that it was their own money driving the prices.

2nd. loan agents. These people are the scum of the earth. Their entire existence is to protect their clients with fiduciary duties. They failed miserably and would let the average consumer get into any kind of scrap loan just so they could get paid. It's my opinion that many should have spent some time in jail. They are hired to protect people... That's their job, but most of them sold their clients out for cash. Many of them got rich during those times.

3. The fed. They should have known what would have happened when they jumped interest rates. They also fell asleep at the wheel very early on in the game.

I doubt the president even realizes these things, he certainly didn't if he blames bush. Presidents DO NOT control the money supply. And thank god they don't.

Edit: Real estate agents are not much better than loan agents.

Edited by Seeker79, 08 November 2012 - 06:55 PM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#22    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,721 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:02 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 08 November 2012 - 11:43 AM, said:

That is exactly what I was thinking..  I thought, if he is going along and agreeing with  Ryan  on his views about women ..voting against them getting equal pay, making many forms of birth control illegal and  favouring pro life..  I cannot  imagine many women going along with this..  I think he knew fine well that  giving the amount of strong women in the USA that  this could cost Romeny the election..  I thought to myself -  Was this his plan?  You would nearly think Ryan deliberately got Romeny  to go along with those views  knowing it would cost him the election,  unless they are both as dumb as bricks.. Not to forget their views on immigration..  The amount of people who have immigrated to the US and became voters.. will sink them too.. and that looks exactly what happened

Romney and Ryans views on women alone   sure messed it up for ..They shot themselves in the foot

That's my point of view, also.  I didn't want Romney to get in because of these issues.  I thought that it would mean a horrible future for women in the US if he was voted in.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#23    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,503 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

View Postglorybebe, on 08 November 2012 - 07:02 PM, said:

That's my point of view, also.  I didn't want Romney to get in because of these issues.  I thought that it would mean a horrible future for women in the US if he was voted in.
It certainly did seemed like they were unaware that women vote aswell...Mabey more so then men. I guess when you whare certain types of goggles, your own little world will bite you in the end.

Still Obama is completely a lost cause economically. Romney would have made the better choice for fiscal matters, but if I had a daughter, I would not have wanted her to come of age in a Romny country.

So vote for me. I'll meet the age requirement in the next election. Seeker79 for president. The first Native American libertarian president. Fiscally conservative and socially libral. you will have to forgive me for pretending to be christian for a few years, but it's the only way to get elected in this country that is supposed to separate church and state.

Edited by Seeker79, 08 November 2012 - 07:16 PM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#24    CommunitarianKevin

CommunitarianKevin

Fact Corrector

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

• Now we know that heedless self-interests is bad economics.-FDR

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

Doesn't matter...unless they are scientologists...that is a no go for me...

My screen names may change. My real name is Kevin. You can call me that in the threads...
My "about me" page...
http://www.unexplain...showentry=24860
http://athans-athansblog.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/KevinAthans

#25    Idano

Idano

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 225 posts

• If life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
    Ron White

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:16 PM

View Postwillowdreams, on 08 November 2012 - 05:31 AM, said:

Truth be told, religion has no place in politics

I would also like to say I did not think of religion as I voted. Times as they are, I end up looking at who is the  most religious and staying away from them.

United States is to much of a mix of religions and non religious people. And that is how it should be. Politics needs to stay away from religion and religious people should not look for political gains for their faith/religion.

P.E.R.I.O.D

Maybe some day there will be a presidential race in which religion/faith is something that is not to be spoken about or tolerated within speeches.

I hope I am still alive if that ever happens.

If I could have "Liked" this again I would have!!  I couldn't have said it better.

What could possibly go wrong?

#26    Magicjax

Magicjax

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

View PostHuttonEtAl, on 08 November 2012 - 07:12 PM, said:

Doesn't matter...unless they are scientologists...that is a no go for me...

Scientology. The only religion Mormons can laugh at. :)

Man in suit!

Posted Image

#27    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

View Postglorybebe, on 08 November 2012 - 07:02 PM, said:

When they voted against women's rights...they shot themselves in the foot..

#28    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,721 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:13 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 09 November 2012 - 09:44 AM, said:

When they voted against women's rights...they shot themselves in the foot..

Yup, and I can't understand how they didn't see it.  They really must think women can't think for themselves.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#29    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

View Postglorybebe, on 09 November 2012 - 04:13 PM, said:

Yup, and I can't understand how they didn't see it.  They really must think women can't think for themselves.

It looks to me like Romney  and Ryan  cannot think much at all.. I am willing to bet, that they shifted a good number of republican women away from them too...

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 09 November 2012 - 06:33 PM.

#30    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,335 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:36 AM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 08 November 2012 - 02:09 PM, said:

Yes, because the US  only hit recession   when Obama was elected...Obama and his big ideas on going to war in Iraq  .. Didn't anyone tell Obama that going to war will be costly? Silly man  lol

Am I missing something here? Bush was president when we invaded Iraq and he used 9/11 as the excuse for declaring war. That's pretty much historical fact. One of the reasons I voted for Obama was that he promised to get us OUT of Iraq. If our military are going to lay down their lives for us we better be sure the cause if worthy. And If memory serves, the first auto industry bailout occurred while Bush was president, and the tax refunds given during his last 4 years was money borrowed from the Chinese, both indications that the economy was already tanking. This is from a Fox News online article about the bailout, which pretty clearly details the state of the economy pre-Obama. : The White House package is the lifeline desperately sought by U.S. automakers, who warned they were running out of money as the economy fell deeper into recession, car loans became scarce and consumers stopped shopping for cars.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c...b/#ixzz2BtgPMkVI

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users