Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Charles Manson

synge

Do you think Manson really did it?

Did he kill all those people himself?

or did he use/was told to use people to kill people for him with mind control?

what do you think?

i seriously don't think he could have done all those murders.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kismit

• Chauncy

• stillcrazy

• ladylisa

he got his commune members to do most of them. he did one or two, if i remember correctly. go to the crime library to find out for sure.

Long story short: Manson is an evil, warped individual, who is currently heading towards a death that he very richly deserves. Trying to rationalise what he did (if..."rationalise" is really what the idea of mind control does blink.gif) is pointless....people like him simply don't think on the same level as normal human beings, and there's no way we can possibly understand what was going through his head that made him do it.

Was he under some kind of mind controlling influence? No....he was just a twisted peice of human garbage that I'd like to see done away with sooner rather than later.

It is commonly believed that he used a form of behavior alteration, and in a sense this would be considered mind control. But what he did was not that different from Jim Jones, Applegate, or other cults that kill or commit suicide. Manson, learned early how to manipulate others, and he used this on his 'followers' Many believed he was the son of god, just as many believed Jim Jones, David Koresch, and a whole list of others, that they were the new prophet.

Manson is a person who used drugs and other enticements to get his followers, and others to do his bidding for a twisted scheme to take over the country.

I think he's a sick, sick man who needs to be in a hospital, not prison. I have differing opinions about his sentence though. I heard somewhere that he didn't kill anyone and that he just made other people do it. Should someone who just tells someone else to do it be sentenced to life in prison or death? I really don't know. David Koresh, he had sex with 12-year-old girls and thought he was Jesus. he didn't really kill anyone until the ATF and FBI came around. I believe he should've been arrested for the sexual assault and when they came for him, he gave everyone guns and told them to shoot to kill. The government was wrong too with that because they threw gas and stuff into the compound where there were children and that. It was too sad. Manson, he's a sick puppy, but never killed anyone so he should've been placed in a hospital.

Was he under some kind of mind controlling influence? No....he was just a twisted peice of human garbage that I'd like to see done away with sooner rather than later.

Exactly!!!

Mind control.....no!!.......taking advantage of the impressionable....yes!!!

You can start a cult easily, all you need is a charismatic leader that appears to have all the answers, a sense of community, and people who are less then educated who are searching for something in life and who will fall easily to any type of twisted in group morality.

Manson got to his followers at a point when they were weakest and captilized on that weakness, used his evil charisma to pull them out of the gutter, to only owe him a lifetime of debt for his support.

It was no act of genius and definetly didn't concern any powers other than ego!!

the guy has cut a swastica into his forehead with a blunt knife, and you're questioning where he killed people or not?

I'm not defending Manson, but if I were to carve a swastika into my head and tell a group of people to go into a house and kill other people, does that make me guilty of murder? Should I spend life in prison for that? I didn't kill anyone. Yes, I'm crazy, but I didn't kill anyone.

There's some evidence that Manson did take part in the Sharon Tate murder. And he isn't crazy at all, everything he did was to make people think he was. What he is ,is a master manipulater...

I saw bits and pieces of Manson's parole hearing, he purposely messes it up every time. Probably because he knows he's never getting out, but also I think he has become attached to the prison he is afraid of today's society.

Imagen if he did get out though, there would be all kinds of wackos ready to do his bidding.....the same type of people that would wear Manson's image on T-shirts and stuff.....I think thats horrible.......not saying those people would kill, alot wear those shirts to express the opposite of what society holds true,a little rebellion is cool, but endorsing a sicko is entirely different!

Maybe those Manson T-shirts are less the fashion anarchy and more bad taste......I dunno.........could never figure those T-shirts out......some-one explain for me dontgetit.gif

I agree that he was a master manipulator and probably highly intelligent.

He cut a swastika into his head..that doesnt mean he is a killer.

Even suggesting that because he cut a swazi into his head..he is a killer is silly and ignorant.

While it was never proven that Manson killed anyone, there is still a pending murder charge against him in the death of Short Shea, a ranch hand, and some time movie extra, at the ranch where the Manson cult was staying. Manson and Shorty went into the desert and only Manson returned. With a bloody sword. However, because Shorty's body was never found, (At that time. See below) Manson was not prosecuted with the crime.

The swastika, was a X that he carved into his forehead during his trial, his followers that were not under arrest, did the same. He later changed it to a swastika towards the end of the trial. Again, his followers did likewise.

Under California Law, he did not need to be present or have committed a murder in order to be charged with the crime. If he instructed or in any way conspired with the others, he is just as guilty.

I doubt that Manson could ever survive on the outside of prison. Up until his arrest in 68, he had already spent two-thirds of his life in correctional facilities. Plus some wacko would feel that he is doing everyone a service by taking Manson out of this life.

Steve "Clem" Grogan

Convicted and jailed for his part in the murder of Spahn ranch hand, Donald "Shorty" Shea, although Shea’s body was never found.  In 1979, Grogan agreed to tell authorities the location of the body in exchange for parole.  Shea's remains were found and Grogan was paroled in 1986.  His present whereabouts are unknown.

I had to correct the above statement, as it seems that Shorty's body was found, or at least what they believe was Shorty. However, according to Parole hearing documents on Steve Grogan, asked if Manson was present at the killing, his reply was, " He had the cutlass the whole time, you make of it what you want"

It still seems that there is a murder charge against Manson that is the states ace in the hole. If Manson is ever released, he will immediatly be charged with Shea's murder to prevent him from returning to the streets. (There is no statute of limitations for murder in California.)

Edited by stillcrazy

I actually did a book report on the Manson murder case files in high school . All I can say is he was and is a very sick individual .

There is nothing the man did not do during his time as a free man, and society is a better place while he is behind bars .

There is nothing the man did not do during his time as a free man, and society is a better place while he is behind bars .

So what about these T-shirts people wear with the Manson image......I still haven't figured out what thats all about.

I'd post a pic here for elucidation, as I'm in the habit of doing, but further endorsement of this nut job would be contradictory to what I hold true!

So what about these T-shirts people wear with the Manson image......I still haven't figured out what thats all about.

I'd post a pic here for elucidation, as I'm in the habit of doing, but further endorsement of this nut job would be contradictory to what I hold true!

I know a few people that are big fans of Manson, and they were those t-shirts.

I really think it's to show their view of society, and maybe they support him or something.

Maybe they feel he was wrongly accused/prosectuted.

I have no Idea what these T.Shirts are that you mention Chauncy . All I can tell you is that my book report was done on the case file notes made by the senior policeman in charge of the murder investigations .

Maybe Charles never wielded a knife or forced , manipulated or convinced his followers to cut the baby from Sharon Tate's stomach or to kill any other guests and people in the house or to then follow the Murders by killing Mr and Mr's Labianca the next night or forced another member of the Manson familly to comit oral sex on an 11 year old boy whilst holding another at knife point .

The man is one very, very sick individual and society is a better place with him behind bars .

And the Swastica was a symbol he cut into his head to prove to other members of the familly that he still supported them , he also asked that other members cut a swastika into there own foreheads to show him that they supproted him too . This was done while he was on trial .

Edited by Kismit

And the Swastica was a symbol he cut into his head to prove to other members of the familly that he still supported them , he also asked that other members cut a swastika into there own foreheads to show him that they supproted him too . This was done while he was on trial .

See my earlier comment on this, and on Shorty Shea.

I've said it before ... Keep up the good work Still Crazy thumbsup.gif

And allthough it is similar in cultism to Jim Jones it is a very different story alltogether. Jim Jones led his followers to commit suicide , of course the children in the flock and those that where not given a choice could be considered as muredered , But Charles only wanted to leave a mark . Make the world notice the power he wielded over his followers by killing and murdering 100% innocent bystanders . Who's only mistake was living proximity to the Manson ranch itself.

But Charles only wanted to leave a mark . Make the world notice the power he wielded over his followers by killing and murdering 100% innocent bystanders . Who's only mistake was living proximity to the Manson ranch itself.

Didn't he leave clues of the murder in a specific neighbourhood to inspire reaction the murders?

As to incite Helter Skelter I believe, a revolt?

He told the other members of the familly to make it look like a ritual killing and to write something "Witchy" in blood on the doors . No doubt it was done to get a lot more notice than the average murder .

"The killers' motive?

Manson believed that there would be a great conflict between blacks and whites, which would end with the destruction of the white race. When the White Album came out, he was certain the Beatles were sending him signals, with songs about revolution and guns.

Utilizing passages from the Bible's Book of Revelations to define himself as the Fifth Angel, the gatekeeper of hell, Manson believed he would become defacto leader when the blacks, who he felt were inferior, would not know what to do with their newfound power. By killing a group of rich white people, he hoped that black nationalists would be blamed." http://www.terrortrap.com/helter.htm

I wonder if he just told his followers this was the motive, where in fact Manson's sole desire was to gain pleasure from controling people to the point that they would kill for him. The Helter Skelter idea seems absurd, unlikely and pointless.

Didn't he leave clues of the murder in a specific neighbourhood to inspire reaction the murders?

He told the group to leave the wallet of Mrs. La Bianca in a place where it would be found by a black person. The idea was that a black would find the wallet, use the credit cards and get blamed for the murders. But Linda Kasabian, dropped the wallet behind a toilet at a gas station. The police found it after her arrest right were she said it would be.

And in the Le Bianca case, because Manson himself tied up the victims, this was enough to charge him with murder, as he took an active part in causing the deaths.

The correlation between Jones and Manson is this: Jones started back in the 50's with a church setting that basiclly denounced "Standard Christian beliefs" he was a fundamentalist Pastor. And had a congragation that was inter-racial, unheard of at that time in history, in that location of the U.S. (Indiana to be exact)

Over time, he used his skills as a Pastor, and a leader to get people to follow his teachings. Brain-washing, mind control or what ever else you want to call it, needs time to work. The person who can convince others that his argument or ideas are based in anothers already imbedded belief system, makes it so much the easier to convert. (It may be noted that the cult leader may not know the final ending when they start out. Their intent may be completely different from the ending. But they begin to see how much of an effet they have on others and keep talking steps to further their own power.) Jones control took better than twenty years befor his demise, and yes he had people kill for him. He directly ordered the murder of Congressman Leo Ryan, and four others attempting to leave Jonestown.

Manson though, had a leg up on Jones and others like him, he took street kids, mostly teenagers when he found them/they found him, who were already outcast from society. Most were runaways or had other family troubles and were unwanted at home. Thus Charlie, became they're Family. It's a lot easier to convert a person to your way of thinking if they already have a reason to want to be converted.

I think most of those spouting manson's ideal have no clue what he was really all about. They think it was an anti-establishment movement, it really wasn't. It was a racially motivated idea, that if truth be known, would have never happened.

Edited by stillcrazy

i think the man is guilty of everything he was charged for

he deserves to rot in jail, or suffer the death penalty

just my opinion

user posted image