Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

dreamt of grandparents

mimi0530

this has never happened before but I dreamt about my grandparents. My grandfather died when I was about 10 and my grandmother while i was in college. I do have some personal things going on with my daughter and thought they were sending me a message. she is ill. The strange part was it happened in a gameroom somewhere. Although i am married with 2 children only my husband and I were in the dream. I saw and heard my grandmother first though she was not making any kind of sense. she seemed lost and confused. she could not see or hear me. When i looked to my right my grandfather was sitting on the floor playing with a group of unknown children. He could see and hear me. I spoke to him. I said, "grandpa?" He replied with "Hi marie, who let your grandma through?" I looked dazed and said "not sure. why you hear?" He said, "I miss you." I said it back and started to walk away but as i did i turned back around to look at both of them. grandma still just wondering around lost and grandpa still with cirle of kids. they seem to play with him. I then said, "grandpa i love you". he returned it but he did not look happy. he looked sad or scared. infact, the whole time i saw him he appeared that way. i turned around and left the room with my husband. my husband could not see or hear them but asked what i was doing which i did explain. This dream has me so puzzled that i woke my husband up and have been up since. I am now wondering if i woke up to 'prematurely' before they could tell me what they really came for. anyone have any suggestions on what this dream meant? thanks. i would really appreciate some advice.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• perceptivefeedback

• Sevastiel

• mimi0530

this has never happened before but I dreamt about my grandparents. My grandfather died when I was about 10 and my grandmother while i was in college. I do have some personal things going on with my daughter and thought they were sending me a message. she is ill. The strange part was it happened in a gameroom somewhere. Although i am married with 2 children only my husband and I were in the dream. I saw and heard my grandmother first though she was not making any kind of sense. she seemed lost and confused. she could not see or hear me. When i looked to my right my grandfather was sitting on the floor playing with a group of unknown children. He could see and hear me. I spoke to him. I said, "grandpa?" He replied with "Hi marie, who let your grandma through?" I looked dazed and said "not sure. why you hear?" He said, "I miss you." I said it back and started to walk away but as i did i turned back around to look at both of them. grandma still just wondering around lost and grandpa still with cirle of kids. they seem to play with him. I then said, "grandpa i love you". he returned it but he did not look happy. he looked sad or scared. infact, the whole time i saw him he appeared that way. i turned around and left the room with my husband. my husband could not see or hear them but asked what i was doing which i did explain. This dream has me so puzzled that i woke my husband up and have been up since. I am now wondering if i woke up to 'prematurely' before they could tell me what they really came for. anyone have any suggestions on what this dream meant? thanks. i would really appreciate some advice.

This depends. If you've been thinking about your grandmother recently, that would connect the two and this is reflection upon your feelings. In this case, it's not your grandmother who is lost, but you who are feeling lost in some fashion as a result of her absence. The children are you, as a child yourself, with your grandfather. It's all being projected into the scene. In many dreams what we're "watching" is really a sort of play or movie about how we feel. Feelings are expressed through artistic means, and many of us have not developed this means when we're consciously awake. Thus, we do so when asleep instead (because they must be addressed at some time, and even time and again throughout our lives). So...if you'd been recently thinking about one or the other (or both) of your grandparents, those memories would be connected to the feelings associated with them and thus triggered the dream.

Perhaps the issues you express having with your child made you instinctually want to seek the wisdom of your grandmother or grandfather and thus the dream.

I am curious,.. is it a serious illness your daughter has ?

These are not really "dreams" usually, but more "visits" from the other side.