Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Problem with Werewolves

werewolves nick redfern

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16    Dougward5

Dougward5

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

• " silver bullets ain't cheap"

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:25 PM

Yeah well , I guess everything is a lil bigger down south...wonder if this guy was a persian kitty or a Siamese.....He hangs out over in the 6 mile community near Montavallo Alabama ...its a bit of a sport for folks to get pics of him while hunting and post them on the board at 6 mile grocery  down the road a lil from Dystopt

Attached Thumbnails

• abigcat.jpg

#17    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:03 AM

when i saw the title of the thread,
"the problem with werewolves"
i thought it was gonna be like, 'they're always leaving hairy pawprints in my butter' or 'when you lend them money they never give you it back' kinda thing.
guess it just shows you how wrong you can be when you really try.....
*sob*

"Get off your knees, the party's over."
-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#18    DystOpt

DystOpt

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 51 posts

• I write because kidnapping people to make them act out your cool and unique fantasies is frowned upon in most states.

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:22 AM

They always be leaving hair on the soap. Only damn hair on my soap is my hair. Keep your curlies to yourself you hairy bastids!

#19    LibGeek

LibGeek

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:06 PM

Didn't the "dog-headed human" idea root in Egyptian mythology?

#20    Dougward5

Dougward5

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

• " silver bullets ain't cheap"

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:18 PM

Yep....

#21    MacsMom

MacsMom

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

• Random crap that no one reads anyway

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:11 PM

Perhaps I'm looking at this from a viewpoint that is too logical for my own good but it just doesn't make sense that a human's body can elongate, lengthen bone structure, grow hair, grow extra teeth, completely change skull structure, lose a few fingers to make paws, and grow claw like nails in a matter of minutes, run around like that terrorizing the countryside, then reverse all those changes to become human again.  Biology does not work that way.  It is an impossibility.

Now that is from the mindset that werewolves are human shapeshifters.  I'm not even gonna get into the wolf/human hybrid thing because that is also genetically impossible.  Freaky women have been practicing beastiality for what may be centuries and I have yet to see a hybrid baby born from that.

Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along.  Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder where those years have gone?

#22    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:34 PM

The problem is mankind is still afraid of the dark.

We fear the shadows...we fear our own subconscious mind.

It is physically impossible to alter flesh and bone.  I have always taken the "classic monsters"...vampires, werewolves, revenants, ghouls...etc...to be representatives of our primal mind....fear and desires.

Oh well, I love a good werewolf movie...I sure hope they aren't real...(whistles as he walks past the graveyard)

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#23    MacsMom

MacsMom

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

• Random crap that no one reads anyway

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:26 PM

View PostJeremiah65, on 16 August 2013 - 02:34 PM, said:

Oh well, I love a good werewolf movie...I sure hope they aren't real...(whistles as he walks past the graveyard)

Wait a minute, isn't whistling as you pass a graveyard bad luck???  Come on, if you don't believe in werewolves, I'm CERTAIN that you believe in hexes and bad luck!!! :whistle:

Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along.  Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder where those years have gone?

#24    PrincePetropia

PrincePetropia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:15 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 29 July 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

Just the other night, I did a radio show which briefly touched upon my research and writing in the field of werewolves. One of the things I noted to the host is that despite the fact that most people think werewolves are born out of nothing more than fantasy, folklore, legend, and movie-scripts, the reality is that reports of dog-headed humanoids, and creatures that sound just like the classic imagery of werewolves, absolutely abound, and have done so for centuries.

http://mysteriousuni...ith-werewolves/
This is a noteworthy point. The Dogape of Kentucky is another similar creature, it is a humanoid cryptid with the head of a dog. It is possible that although not in the traditional form, creatures like werewolves do exist.

Hi, I am Prince Petropia- the owner of an exciting paranormal and occult blog named All About Occult. My blog All About Occult is "A paranormal blog about mysterious Urban Legends, Parapsychology, Occult Religions and the most Haunted Locations to send shivers down your spine." Visit All About Occult right now here: http://allaboutoccult.com/

#25    uuner

uuner

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 172 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:40 PM

Am I in the wrong part of UM if I suggest that the problem is not that traditional werewolf transformations are physically impossible, but that you believe it to be impossible. Who are you to say that there isn't something out there that can't be explained or comprehended by what is known today. People keep telling magic isn't real because it can't be physically proven, but if magic by it's nature is something that doesn't follow the laws of physics, then how can it be proven trough physics? What if werewolves (shapeshifters, dogmen chupacabras and whatnot) simply fall under this same category that man is yet unable to explain?

No proper photos? I don't know about you guys, but if I was out in the woods and saw a huge bipedal wolf in photo-range, then taking a solid picture would probably be the last thing on my mind.

No hunter has ever caught one? Suppose a werewolf turns human after being shot, how many hunters would try explaining to the cops: "But he was a wolf when I shot him!"

Then there's the chance that the changes are more subtle than traditional definitions claim.

Or maybe they are more similar to the Finnish "vironsusi":
Spoiler

Then again, I might just be another over-imaginative b****** who's seen too many movies and doesn't have better things to do than trying to argue about these things over the internet...

Now that I've lost you it kills me to say
I tried to hold on as you slowly slipped away.
I'm losing the fight.
I treated you so wrong now let me make it right.
-Avenged Sevenfold

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users