Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghosts Are Real - Mystery Solved? (VIDEO)

exidor

I have always wondered if ghosts are real or not. I have seen some weird stuff in my life, some of it could be attributed to spectral entities. Found this video that had some good points..I guess?

What do you people way more knowledgeable that I think? I am looking for some balance in my life and need to sort this stuff out for my own sanity.

Any input is appreciated.

Ghosts are not real but seeing "weird stuff" is and can usually be attributed to some real event being misinterpreted by the brain, some form of semiconscious imagining or a health related issue causing "visions". Rather than seek an answer in the supernatural, try and find out what the real cause is.

Clearly, they are real!

without a doubt ....

Wohh! You're right. I am now a believer because there is no other explanation for that kid being pulled around except by a ghost or that spooky music YouTube video. Only kidding. Please consider how easily that first could be hoaxed and the second was a big nothing but hysterical people you can see at any one of a dozen religious revivals weekly in the US.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

Yep, i guess YouTubes enuff for me, im a confirmed believer now. :w00t:

620 views isn't bad. And posting your Youtube channel in a paranormal forum to get more is about as on-target as you can get. At least they were sort of interesting.

• Like 1

620 views isn't bad. And posting your Youtube channel in a paranormal forum to get more is about as on-target as you can get. At least they were sort of interesting.

I didn't even notice he was posting his own channel. Apparently he is also a shaman.

I don't take stock in whether someone says something is definitely real or not real. That's up to me, and I have my own experiences and feelings on that. The thing is, youtube, like most social and media like things, have the ability to be faked. I can't say all videos like pictures and the like are definitely faked, but if it can be, one has to come to that conclusion.

I don't take stock in whether someone says something is definitely real or not real. That's up to me, and I have my own experiences and feelings on that. The thing is, youtube, like most social and media like things, have the ability to be faked. I can't say all videos like pictures and the like are definitely faked, but if it can be, one has to come to that conclusion.

Assume it is fake should always be the fall-back position when viewing any of these videos/shows with extraordinary proof being required to prove an extraordinary event actually occurred. Unfortunately, far too many have just the opposite mindset.

Edited by Merc14

Of course I am fully aware that we not to need discuss a proof about spirits/entity's in a forum

but they exist .. no matter what you believe!

Scientifically are also many studies that could prove that spirits or we say better entities exist!

just about to mention some studies and meanings about entity's...

from...

Elisabeth Kübler-Ross Yale University

David J. Hufford. University of California,

Éva POC, University of Pecs

Peter Mario Kreuter, University of Bonn

January Louis Perkowski, Harvard University

Dr. Ian Stevenson, University of Virginia

Dr. Barry Taff and Kerry Gaynor University of California

Carl August Wickland National Institute Psychopathic von Chicago

Dr. Devon Hinton Harvard University

Dr. Samuel Sagan ... Dr. Edith Fiore ..

....the best study and a full communication with entity's from Senkowski, Ernst (1995).

"Analysis of Anomalous Audio and Video Recordings, presented before the "Society For Scientific Exploration" USA – June 1995". Retrieved 2007-09-18.

http://www.worlditc.org/f_07_senkowski_analysis.htm

http://www.neuroquantology.com/index.php/journal/article/view/571/536

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUHTy6oSJnI

Assume it is fake should always be the fall-back position when viewing any of these videos/shows with extraordinary proof being required to prove an extraordinary event actually occurred. Unfortunately, far too many have just the opposite mindset.

What I assume, is up to me. Let's just say, I am entertained by what I see, experience, and read. I just don't want to jump the gun all the time. If there is questions, they should be asked. I guess I think don't assume it's not fake every time watching anything. What everyone gets from it, (without making a big deal about it to others), is up to them. I do believe in various paranormal subjects, and I have my reasoning for that. I just don't expect everyone to believe what I believe. I just know what is capable in this media age, so I don't have a heart attack with every so called piece of evidence that is out there. In fact, I will hold back with every viewing.

I will be intrigued if someone happens to capture what I saw eons ago in Jersey. It's funny, and probably telling, that no one has despite it's proposed regular sighting each night. Maybe there has to be the right conditions ;)

Of course I am fully aware that we not to need discuss a proof about spirits/entity's in a forum

Wow, what forums have you been going to? :w00t:;) If you noticed, sometimes you wonder if that is what some are screaming for. :cat::alien:
Scientifically are also many studies that could prove that spirits or we say better entities exist!

from...

....the best study and a full communication with entity's from Senkowski, Ernst (1995).

"Analysis of Anomalous Audio and Video Recordings, presented before the "Society For Scientific Exploration" USA – June 1995". Retrieved 2007-09-18.

http://www.worlditc....ki_analysis.htm

http://www.neuroquan...le/view/571/536

https://www.youtube....h?v=BUHTy6oSJnI

Are they presenting things as fact, or as their point of view experiences? Sorry, I didn't go into your links, I know, I should, all though some of those individuals I am familiar with as a bookseller.

from...

http://www.worlditc....ki_analysis.htm

http://www.neuroquan...le/view/571/536

https://www.youtube....h?v=BUHTy6oSJnI

I see a lot of Dr.s mentioned as an appeal to authority but no studies by them.

I then see a link to presentation given by a professor from Germany (professor of what?) to the SSE, a fringe group at odds with mainstream science in every respect. The 2nd link is a paper presented to another fringe group by a philologist (authenticates old manuscripts) and finally a YouTube video from another fringe group.

Nothing here was peer reviewed in a mainstream scientific journal and the German presentation was not scientific by any measure and is useless as valid proof. The second study, conducted exclusively by "EVP operators", didn't seem to reach much of any conclusion and is more an opinion piece than proof but does go into detail re. method and equipment. I didn't bother with the YouTube video after a couple of minutes viewing.

Nothing here but more fringe evidence that wouldn't qualify for peer review in any mainstream journal. This wouldn't convince anyone that isn't already a true believer. Like I said, extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof and what you offered doesn't qualify as proof of anything except an education doesn't guarantee that an educated individual is a rational individual.

EVP's make little sense to me as they propose that "spirits" can only communicate through a digital receiver at higher frequencies. This seems ridiculous as believers have been hearing voices for millennia without a radio. Why would a spirit need to utilize a radio to communicate? One thing for certain is a receiver will pick up a LOT of spurious noise that can be interpreted in many ways meaning it isn't valid proof of anything but a vivid imagination.

Edited by Merc14

Dr. Hufford is someone I've quoted and whose videos I've linked to myself for Sleep Paralysis explanations, as he also suffered from them, which likely caused him to became a an expert in sleep paralysis and disorders, as part of his actual degree. However he has stated, vaguely before, perhaps much more blatantly now, that he felt that sleep paraylsys can explain a great many things and is a legitimate, mundane experience, a small percentage of reports, much like UFOs, simply didn't match known occurrences. Coming from someone that is an expert in that field, that does carry some weight. On the other hand, pet theories are not unknown to people who are considered to have few peers, in obscure fields, so I suppose that is an issue that is worthy of consideration.

For myself, I believe people have seen or experienced things that, while most are misidentifications or misunderstanding, a few may very well be things beyond the normal. I personally don't think they're spirits, as I don't believe in them, but I believe it's possibel things outside our known frame of reference occur, even after eliminating all the possible known explanations, no matter how obscure or rare those might be. I don't know if this IS what's going on in these cases, I just think there is room to leave that door open to learn more. And maybe it is trapped dead people, I'm not going to say it is just not possible, no way - but I don't believe it currently and I'm not sure what it would take to convince me - you'd have to eliminate the other 'weird' explanations first, to satify me (poltergeists, esp, telephathy, precognition, etc).

• Like 1