Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

What do you yourself as?

mirror

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#16    Ratte

Ratte

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

• The slippery are very crafty.

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:30 AM

I'm a guy who really likes TeamFortress2 and anime and card games and DnD... I guess I'm a nerd. A buffish nerd who likes to argue, but not without good reason.

Posted Image

#17    Jessem

Jessem

Future Husband

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts

• No matter what anyone say's, you can make a difference... you probably already have.

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:56 AM

View PostOdd Requiem, on 12 June 2013 - 02:43 AM, said:

I am a disaster in the making.

I wish I were a cheeseburger.

Odd, Disasters always bring togetherness in the end. :) , I'm glad I'm not a cheeseburger lol.

The secret of life is'nt trying to figure out the secret, its about living it.

#18    Jessem

Jessem

Future Husband

• 1,451 posts

• No matter what anyone say's, you can make a difference... you probably already have.

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:58 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 12 June 2013 - 03:24 AM, said:

Odd; when I look at the sky I see the sky.  Maybe it's because of how you spell it.

It's how he sees himself, its a different perspective frank :). How do you see yourself? Who is frank?

#19    Jessem

Jessem

Future Husband

• 1,451 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:00 AM

View PostRatte, on 12 June 2013 - 03:30 AM, said:

I'm a guy who really likes TeamFortress2 and anime and card games and DnD... I guess I'm a nerd. A buffish nerd who likes to argue, but not without good reason.

Simple and awesome!

#20    Ratte

Ratte

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

• The slippery are very crafty.

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:15 AM

View PostJessem, on 12 June 2013 - 05:00 AM, said:

Simple and awesome!
Thanks! Simple is good. Doesn't mean I can't contemplate the complexities of the universe or appreciate the efforts behind the technologies we take for granted every day, though.

I probably also should have mentioned that I'm a "gothic redneck". I usually wear a black t-shirt and black pants with a plaid flannel. It's hard to catch me without a plaid over shirt. I also take offense when people are shocked that I'm not stupid just because I have a southern drawl.

Posted Image

#21    Jessem

Jessem

Future Husband

• 1,451 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:27 AM

View PostRatte, on 12 June 2013 - 05:15 AM, said:

Thanks! Simple is good. Doesn't mean I can't contemplate the complexities of the universe or appreciate the efforts behind the technologies we take for granted every day, though.

I probably also should have mentioned that I'm a "gothic redneck". I usually wear a black t-shirt and black pants with a plaid flannel. It's hard to catch me without a plaid over shirt. I also take offense when people are shocked that I'm not stupid just because I have a southern drawl.

All the idiosiyncrocies make you simply you. Honestly, you sound like some poeple I know and who are awesome!

#22    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,898 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:42 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 12 June 2013 - 03:24 AM, said:

Odd; when I look at the sky I see the sky.  Maybe it's because of how you spell it.

Ole english, are rose by any other name is still a rose.

I am a Pantheist, everything is "God" and so am I. I am the Universe looking at itself. If you sit under a tree long enough, it will tell you. ;)

This old road has been my lifeline,

My companion and my friend.

Like a rope around the universe,

Ain’t no beginning ain’t no end.

Out across the constellations,

There’s a place behind the sun.

Everything is connected,

Everything and everyone.

(John Forgerty, Mystic Highway)

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#23    SpiritWalker7

SpiritWalker7

Abysmal Seeker

• 3,104 posts

• “You need to spend time crawling alone through shadows to truly appreciate what it is to stand in the sun.”-Shaun Hick

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:21 PM

I am energy; A life force whose soul-purpose is to achieve balance with the universe and positively affect all around me.

"When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do." -William Blake

#24    rimbaudelaire

rimbaudelaire

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:56 PM

Combining Whitman's words with a few of my own: "Do I contradict myself/I must contradict myself/I contain multitudes" yet I do my best to be as humble as I can.

#25    Jessem

Jessem

Future Husband

• 1,451 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:54 PM

View PostDarkwind, on 12 June 2013 - 05:42 PM, said:

Ole english, are rose by any other name is still a rose.

I am a Pantheist, everything is "God" and so am I. I am the Universe looking at itself. If you sit under a tree long enough, it will tell you. ;)

This old road has been my lifeline,

My companion and my friend.

Like a rope around the universe,

Ain’t no beginning ain’t no end.

Out across the constellations,

There’s a place behind the sun.

Everything is connected,

Everything and everyone.

(John Forgerty, Mystic Highway)

Ahh, Panthiesm is very interesting. I do like this poem!

Very Nice DW :tu:

View PostAliveInDeath7, on 12 June 2013 - 06:21 PM, said:

I am energy; A life force whose soul-purpose is to achieve balance with the universe and positively affect all around me.

Very good goal AD7! You must have a very dram-free life then :)

View Postrimbaudelaire, on 12 June 2013 - 07:56 PM, said:

Combining Whitman's words with a few of my own: "Do I contradict myself/I must contradict myself/I contain multitudes" yet I do my best to be as humble as I can.

Beautiful words of wisdom!

#26    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,309 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:49 PM

I read the thread title and now have an earworm..

All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

"Like the JFK assassination conspiracy theories, the UFO issue probably will not go away soon, no matter what the CIA does or says. The belief that we are not alone in the universe is too emotionally appealing and the distrust of our government is too pervasive to make the issue amenable to traditional scientific studies or rational explanation and evidence." - Gerald K Haines

#27    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

†

• 3,795 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:06 AM

I am a deep thinker. My spirit is bigger than I am and thinks even deeper than I do and so at times its very heavy. My face wrinkles up everyday as I hold back my tears. I cry easily, like when I see an old man smiling at a child or at small birds singing around thier congregation bush. I dont cry for long though, just enough to let the nettles poke my eyes and I laugh even easier. All my days are full of laughter. I do not watch the news. I am fighting something I dont want to share here but I feel like I have slipped on a new pair of shoes and im walking in the same direction I was always headed in but now at a more sure pace. I am not looking at the hiding places on the sides of the roads that would make me feel small but straight ahead toward a promise. I am walking in the rain and I like the rain. The sun, when it comes out are the days of miracles.

I know who I am on the inside but I dont know who I am on the outside. My innerself has grown and my outerself is manifesting. I am really smart, naturally intuitive. I have not accomplished a lot as far as material wealth or mass production but I have abundant heart and I know it because everyday its overflowing. I am changing. I have more than one story and the biggest part is still being written.

Edited by SpiritWriter, 22 June 2013 - 12:09 AM.

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#28    Jessem

Jessem

Future Husband

• 1,451 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:09 AM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 22 June 2013 - 12:06 AM, said:

I am a deep thinker. My spirit is bigger than I am and thinks even deeper than I do and so at times its very heavy. My face wrinkles up everyday as I hold back my tears. I cry easily, like when I see an old man smiling at a child or at small birds singing around thier congregation bush. I dont cry for long though, just enough to let the nettles poke my eyes and I laugh even easier. All my days are full of laughter. I do not watch the news. I am fighting something I dont want to share here but I feel like I have slipped on a new pair of shoes and im walking in the same direction I was always headed in but now at a more sure pace. I am not looking at the hiding places on the sides of the roads that would make me feel small but straight ahead toward a promise. I am walking in the rain and I like the rain. The sun, when it comes out are the days of miracles.

I know who I am on the inside but I dont know who I am on the outside. My innerself has grown and my outerself is manifesting. I am really smart, naturally intuitive. I have not accomplished a lot as far as material wealth or mass production but I have abundant heart and I know it because everyday its overflowing. I am changing. I have more than one story and the biggest part is still being written.

I love this alot Spirit. :yes:

#29    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

†

• 3,795 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:56 AM

View PostJessem, on 30 June 2013 - 05:09 AM, said:

I love this alot Spirit. :yes:

:)

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#30    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,534 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:06 AM

I guess I'm a spring shower raining on sentimental parades.

Also tagged with mirror

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users