Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Get rid of the Constitution

• Please log in to reply
246 replies to this topic

#31    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,812 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

All this talk about insurrection and fighting to the death for the right to bear arms... What of the majority of the country doesnt believe it to be a right? That's where the issue lies.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#32    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 28 January 2013 - 04:55 PM, said:

This is what I call being true to your country and what it stands for  ( or should stand for ) ...  If people step down from protecting their rights of their freedom, then they could set the future generation up for a mighty fall

I am glad you see where I am coming from. This is the reason you see me on the forms surrounding my country. Defending my country and constitution.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#33    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

View PostStellar, on 28 January 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

All this talk about insurrection and fighting to the death for the right to bear arms... What of the majority of the country doesnt believe it to be a right? That's where the issue lies.

That is where you are wrong, majority of the people in the country know this is our right, part of our constitution and shouldn't never be compromised. The majority is silent, it is the minority that is screaming the loudest to remove our rights because it is their agenda. They are trying to pull in more supporters, trying to get people to give up their rights with seductive words, then slandering those who want to protect those rights. There has been nothing but a smear campaign by the extreme left for decades upon decades. I got news for them, there will be no such thing as paradise upon earth. When you give up guns, you are opening a can of worms you never will be able to close again. The politicians and the government fears the citizens who are armed, they don't fear protests or picketing, they fear people who have guns and willing to use them to remove them from office. Take a moment and think upon this.

Edited by Uncle Sam, 28 January 2013 - 05:21 PM.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#34    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,353 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

Yeah, there is no need to get rid of the US Constitution. It's a "basis"

Just amend as necessary to reflect current times.

#35    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

View PostUncle Sam, on 28 January 2013 - 05:12 PM, said:

I am glad you see where I am coming from. This is the reason you see me on the forms surrounding my country. Defending my country and constitution.

You see around here because I am nosey lol

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#36    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,735 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

The Bill of rights is very clear, all you have to do is read it litteraly. Sure they have spent a great deal of time and energy convincing people that it doesnt say what it directly does, but im sure we are smart enough to seperate the truth from the lies.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#37    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,209 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 28 January 2013 - 06:22 PM, said:

The Bill of rights is very clear, all you have to do is read it litteraly. Sure they have spent a great deal of time and energy convincing people that it doesnt say what it directly does, but im sure we are smart enough to seperate the truth from the lies.

The whole constitution seez that policy has to be generated by consensus, not by rebellion, no matter what the one or other founding father said in his table speeches. Any attempt to violently impose policy is outside the constitution. Who reads something else in there should buy himself a dictionary before doing something stupid.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#38    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,735 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

We dont get that understanding from the constitution. We get it from the Declaration of Independance. Should a government become destructive to these ends, its by the right of the people to altar or abolish it.

#39    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,209 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 28 January 2013 - 06:38 PM, said:

We dont get that understanding from the constitution. We get it from the Declaration of Independance. Should a government become destructive to these ends, its by the right of the people to altar or abolish it.

And some "God inspired minority" gets to decide when the rule of law ended and to start shooting?

Lots of fun with your Pope reloaded.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#40    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,353 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 28 January 2013 - 06:38 PM, said:

True, and the only institution that can do this is Congress, which ARE the people as they are "elected"

Of course, the US Supreme Court has the power to "interpret" constitutional law passed by Congress.

Unfortunately, the US  Supreme Court is not composed of "elected" officials; rather those members are proposed by the President and approved or not approved by the US Senate. However, the US Senate are elected officials. Hope that's not confusing.

Edited by pallidin, 28 January 2013 - 06:49 PM.

#41    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,296 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

It isn't a fight just for the second amendment. It's about all constitutional rights. The reason the 2nd is all the rage is because it's the only one that keeps all the others around. Guns are not our main focus. They are our last best option. And that isn't a majority. It's a small group called liberals who barely make up 20% of the population but they have a really big mouth and control the media. Not everyone who voted for Obama agrees with this gun control debacle or his stance on it. As to it being a right, you'd be hard pressed to find many people who don't think it should be.

Posted Image

#42    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,296 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 28 January 2013 - 06:44 PM, said:

And some "God inspired minority" gets to decide when the rule of law ended and to start shooting?

No that's wrong. Maybe only to himself and a few others. If and when that day ever comes it will be decided and enacted by vast masses of people. Revolutions need massive support and won't happen by the words or actions of the fringe.

Posted Image

#43    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,353 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 28 January 2013 - 06:48 PM, said:

It isn't a fight just for the second amendment. It's about all constitutional rights. The reason the 2nd is all the rage is because it's the only one that keeps all the others around. Guns are not our main focus. They are our last best option. And that isn't a majority. It's a small group called liberals who barely make up 20% of the population but they have a really big mouth and control the media. Not everyone who voted for Obama agrees with this gun control debacle or his stance on it. As to it being a right, you'd be hard pressed to find many people who don't think it should be.

Mr_Fess,

For no disrespect, but, when I see the word "liberals" or any party affiliation in a post, it disturbes me greatly.
I see no truly functional use in partisan politics.

It just prolonges the suffering of American's that need action from Congressional concensus without pork-barrel/ self-interest crap.
But no, they have to argue stupid "bill rider's" having NOTHING to do with the original bill.

Makes me sick. Line Item Veto, I say.

#44    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,735 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 28 January 2013 - 06:44 PM, said:

Who are you quoting? Cause it isnt me.

#45    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,296 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

View Postpallidin, on 28 January 2013 - 07:07 PM, said:

Mr_Fess,

For no disrespect, but, when I see the word "liberals" or any party affiliation in a post, it disturbes me greatly.
I see no truly functional use in partisan politics.

It just prolonges the suffering of American's that need action from Congressional concensus without pork-barrel/ self-interest crap.
But no, they have to argue stupid "bill rider's" having NOTHING to do with the original bill.

Makes me sick. Line Item Veto, I say.
Fair enough but it's hard not to be that way sometimes. Maybe when the guys on the hill can knock that off too I won't feel the need to be a part of that. The fact is that I have a major gripe with most aspects of liberalism, especially the far left.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users