Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alien Abduction or “Accidental Awareness”?

Still Waters

Alien abduction has been considered a fantasy, a hoax, and even to some, a fact; but it is now clear that it may also represent a recovered memory. Recovered memories are frequently astounding and implausible - if they were orderly and digestible, we would not have forgotten them. Most famously, recovered memory has been at the heart of controversial claims of childhood sexual abuse, satanic cults, and other disturbing and difficult-to-prove allegations by one family member against another. The difficulty of distinguishing between recovered memories and so-called false memories has troubled psychiatrists and patients alike.

http://www.scientifi...ntal-awareness/

• Like 1

Sounds more like his mind created a dream based on the operation. Dreams can seem quite real at times.

Interesting article but the isssue I have with it is that the writter seems to be overlooking Betty Hill's experience. While it's true that Barney Hill had a tonsillectomy, I am afraid it is not so with Betty. What does she have to say about her vivid dreams, her sessions with Dr Simon under hypnosis as well as her drawing? Should we just assume she is a liar or prone to fantasies? If not, then I don't think that ''accidental awareness'' is very good explanation to debunk this case. I am really not convinced that more than a few people claiming such experience have had major surgery in their lives either. I think she would benefit to look at some of Dr John E.Mack's data first and foremost.

Edited by sam_comm

I have always wondered why the aliens and their probings have been at a technological level which matches current practices here on Earth.

• Like 1

Welll; it could explain some of the cases of "abduction".

Some other possible theories:

Perhaps the person was realty abducted, not by E.Ts; but by humans. They could have worn masks, or not. The mind processes things differently, when under an abnormal level of stress. Call it "hyper-reality" if you will. The mind goes into panic; causing you to view, and feel things differently. Some examples: time slows down, you become more sensitive to light or sound, objects in front of you stand out more clearly, a blurry image is processed into a more defined image, etc.

Perhaps the hypnotherapist embedded a memory. It sounds far-fetched, but is wholly within the realm of possibility. Stage hypnotists embed Pavlovian responses in audience members all the time. A hypnotherapist could embed a vague memory that would be triggered by certain words, or phrases.

Perhaps it's just standard PTSD. Again, the mind processes things differently; but unlike "hyper-reality" stress, this happens after the fact. Usually with PTSD there are triggers. An example would be; the Vietnam Vet who has "flashbacks", whenever he hears gunfire. The mother who lost her child in birth, might feel a crushing sense of despair at a babies cry.

Edited by Karasu

A real adduct under hypnosis

It's a scary thing.

Each alleged that in hypnosis tries to recover the memories undergoes internal interference to your brain.

Practically with hypnosis blocks imposed by aliens and jumping to avoid making the subject too much memories there are external interventions.

I listened to about 200 hours of hypnosis carried out in my country.

The subject seems possessed by the devil, growls and rages. Practically a stranger but this consciousness in the alleged acts to save the day.

The hypnotist can groped to talk and calm this being that intervenes to disturb the hypnotic session.

It is a dialogue.

It turns out that this entity is a memory in the brain activated alien abductees. A real alien, or rather, his mind and his memories that are plugged in when this is a kidnapped child.

I actually woke most of the way up during surgery once, to the point i remember trying to sit up and the anaesthesiologist pushed me back on the table saying, 'Oh boy" as he turned the gas back on. It was pretty clear and unmistakable, and after the surgery i asked the doctor about it and he was mildly surprised I was able to remember it.

• Like 1

Whatever they remember, sounds like they are frightening experiences. How terrifying if it's an actual memory and how disturbing the mind is if it's made up!

My problem is just the opposite, I was abducted by aliens, and during my experience(anal probe of course), I woke up and thought I was on the operating table. Weird **** here I tell you.

Edited by ancient astronaut

I actually woke most of the way up during surgery once, to the point i remember trying to sit up and the anaesthesiologist pushed me back on the table saying, 'Oh boy" as he turned the gas back on. It was pretty clear and unmistakable, and after the surgery i asked the doctor about it and he was mildly surprised I was able to remember it.

Me too. I woke up and saw the surgeon malleting the steel rod into my leg, I went under again pretty damn quickly.

There is a fair amount of research, some of it speculative, with regard to sleep paralysis and such events as perceived alien abduction, out-of-body experiences, and near presence of another individual or entity. Sleep paralysis is a somewhat rare event occurring during awakening or at the onset of sleep whereby an individual experiences a form of paralysis and hallucinations. Sleep paralysis is thought to be caused by a disruption of REM sleep.

There are also cases of girls alegedly claimining to have been sexualy abused by their fathers via through some non vivid memories that doctors found laters under hypnosys that were imprinted by watching early stage television.