Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Get rid of the Constitution

• Please log in to reply
246 replies to this topic

#151    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:09 AM

It happens. I was on the edge of my seat when I googled it cause I didnt know what Id find. :tsu:

#152    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,885 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:14 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 30 January 2013 - 05:05 AM, said:

In my State every able bodied person is a member of the State militia by the Bill of Rights definition. I cannot speak for your states BOR in regards to this issue. So yes the Federal government is and has been violating our 2nd Amendment Rights and now wishes to further infringe upon it.

I am going to refrain to bring up other parts of the Federal Constitution that are being violated for now as we are talking about the 2nd amendment but when I talk of infringment to me it means moire then only the 2nd Amerndment issue.

Is this militia well regulated? Because part of well regulated would mean, to me at least, that people are properly trained on the weapons, the weapons are kept in a secure manner, and those who are not qualified to have weapons in the militia don't have them.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#153    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:20 AM

Im sorry but my State BOR does not have that requirement and in fact says for self defense...which specifically would say every person is allowed to own firearms. Its only a few posts up if you want to read it for yourself.

#154    darkmoonlady

darkmoonlady

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts

• Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'-Shawshank Redemption/Life is a buffet and most poor suckers are starving to death-Auntie Mame

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:40 AM

I hate to tell you but no one is going down Red Dawn style defending your country from a foreign invader. Once you get that fantasy out of your head and go to your job in the morning that more than likely you will keep going to til you retire, the better off you will be so let it go. You aren't Arnold or Chuck Norris and no matter how many guns you buy you aren't saving the American way. Every soldier in the military YES but you the "second amendment" defender who wants your assault rifle just in case you might get to be Jean Claude Van Damme when you are really just a mall ninja...no. Big NO.

Edited by darkmoonlady, 30 January 2013 - 07:41 AM.

“The beauty of religious mania is that it has the power to explain everything. Once God (or Satan) is accepted as the first cause of everything which happens in the mortal world, nothing is left to chance …or change... logic can be happily tossed out the window. Religious mania is one of the few infallible ways of responding to the worlds vagaries, because it totally eliminates pure accident. To the true religious maniac, it’s ALL on purpose” – Stephen King, The Stand

#155    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:59 AM

I hate to tell you but no one is going down Red Dawn style defending your country from a foreign invader. Once you get that fantasy out of your head and go to your job in the morning that more than likely you will keep going to til you retire, the better off you will be so let it go. You aren't Arnold or Chuck Norris and no matter how many guns you buy you aren't saving the American way. Every soldier in the military YES but you the "second amendment" defender who wants your assault rifle just in case you might get to be Jean Claude Van Damme when you are really just a mall ninja...no. Big NO.

Your post is so full of bad ideas and incoherent sentences I dont even want to respond. Slavery is that way ------------->

Edited by AsteroidX, 30 January 2013 - 08:16 AM.

#156    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• 1,360 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:34 AM

View Postdarkmoonlady, on 30 January 2013 - 07:40 AM, said:

Wow... just wow. You are condemning the people who protect the constitution that allows you to have the freedom of speech, the freedom of privacy, the freedom of happiness. You are condemning your children or children's children to a bleak future because you are a coward and live by selfish motives. So go ahead... give away your rights for safety, because when reality comes crashing down on you hard, you will be begging for help and who is it that will come to save you? That is right, the patriots will come to save you regardless if you been selfish or cursing them.

Edited by Uncle Sam, 30 January 2013 - 08:37 AM.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#157    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 11,259 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

View Postdarkmoonlady, on 30 January 2013 - 07:40 AM, said:

The right to bear arms guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with defending your country from a foreign invader.  That's what the well regulated militia (THE MILITARY) is for.   Seems like there is mass misunderstanding with what the 2nd Amendment even means on this board despite multiple posters posting multiple times to clear up any confusion.

This doesn't bode well for the citizens at large who aren't getting these constant lessons.  Kudos to all those who suggested that kids actually get taught the Constitution in school.  It's needed.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#158    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

you actually understood that ?

#159    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:11 AM

Through the course of these debates about the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution it has been brought up several times that it is an outdated document and has no relevancy today. I disagree to this kind of rhetoric completely.

This is the tribute given to the three signers from Georgia of the Declaration of Independence. It still stands. It is still hollowed ground. It is still relevant.

http://en.wikipedia....igners_Monument

#160    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

Here is the original wording of a well maintained militia found in the Articles of Confederation: 1777

Only the central government is allowed to conduct foreign political or commercial relations and to declare war. No state or official may accept foreign gifts or titles, and granting any title of nobility is forbidden to all. States are restrained from forming sub-national groups. No state may tax or interfere with treaty stipulations already proposed. No state may engage in war, without permission of Congress, unless invaded or that is imminent on the frontier; no state may maintain a peace-time standing army or navy, unless infested by pirates, but every State is required to keep ready, a well-regulated (meaning well trained), disciplined, and equipped militia, with sufficient public stores of a due number of field pieces, tents, a proper quantity of arms, ammunition and camp equipage.

Link to full Article of Confederation:

http://en.wikipedia....f_Confederation

Edited by AsteroidX, 30 January 2013 - 11:42 AM.

#161    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• 1,360 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

View PostYamato, on 30 January 2013 - 08:52 AM, said:

The right to bear arms guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with defending your country from a foreign invader.  That's what the well regulated militia (THE MILITARY) is for.   Seems like there is mass misunderstanding with what the 2nd Amendment even means on this board despite multiple posters posting multiple times to clear up any confusion.

This doesn't bode well for the citizens at large who aren't getting these constant lessons.  Kudos to all those who suggested that kids actually get taught the Constitution in school.  It's needed.

Seems my idea of in-depth studying and understanding of the constitution should be held in the School. I honestly think it should have it's own course alone.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#162    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

Seems my idea of in-depth studying and understanding of the constitution should be held in the School. I honestly think it should have it's own course alone.

Yes it should.

#163    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,011 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

View Postacidhead, on 30 January 2013 - 04:19 AM, said:

besides.... the american GOV is bankrupt... not officially, but they're are by definition bankrupt.  They can't pay their bills.  They've over leveraged their taxpayer funded life style.  There is some leverage though.... the US$.  This is the reason the GOV cons its citizens into killing abroad daily.  If the killing stops, the US$ crashes overnight.  Take your pick.

With a "revolution" it would not crash, it would bottom out. And some might get their wish that the US returns to the state of before the civil war... literally.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#164    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,011 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

View Postninjadude, on 30 January 2013 - 04:42 AM, said:

acid you know better, this is simply not possible. The US can print its own money.

I don't know why you think that the US money would be of any worth if nobody takes it.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#165    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,049 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

Why don't we... amend it?

Posted Image

~MEH~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users