Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nasa Explains Why World Will Not End on Decem

bluehawk

The end of the world is not here... at least, it won't be on 21 December, 2012, a date long predicted as Doomsday. Nasa has provided a number of geological reasons why the world will not end this year.

"Our planet has been getting along just fine for more than 4 billion years, and credible scientists worldwide know of no threat associated with 2012," Nasa scientists said.

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/410103/20121201/doomsday-2012-end-world-apocalypse-mayan.htm

Edited by Saru
Added source link

i find two things sad about this post

1. that Nasa had to say that :P

2. that some people will STILL believe otherwise.

• Like 4

It's quite a sad situation that people are giving thought to suicide prior to that uneventful day.

The irony of it is that it's often referred to as "an awakening".

The NASA video is on Youtube.

"DECEMBER 21 2012 - END OF THE WORLD?"

[media=]

[/media] Edited by synchronomy
  • Like 1

we need an explanation why the world isn't going to end this month??

wow

what have we become? :unsure:

• Like 3

i was just thinking that not one person i know in my day to day talks about this at all. then i realized i only talk about it here. lol

who are all these people??

we need an explanation why the world isn't going to end this month??

wow

what have we become? :unsure:

I think that's an important philosophical question. Versus, say 200 years ago, look at all the things we have now. Cars, trucks, planes, internet, cellphones, better health, longer lifespans....you know what I mean. Flushing toilets, groceries just down the street, central heating in homes...all the comforts of life yet,

A significant portion of the population focusses on the doom and gloom stuff time after time.

Is it that the "bad stuff" in life is mose interesting than the "good stuff" in life?

Edited by synchronomy
  • Like 2

What I want to know is,as of Jan 1 2013 ,what will the name of this sub forum be ?

• Like 3

The end of the world is not here... at least, it won't be on 21 December, 2012, a date long predicted as Doomsday. Nasa has provided a number of geological reasons why the world will not end this year.

"Our planet has been getting along just fine for more than 4 billion years, and credible scientists worldwide know of no threat associated with 2012," Nasa scientists said.

http://au.ibtimes.co...lypse-mayan.htm

Is it "long predicted" though? Far as I'm aware I hadn't even heard of the 2012 thing until well after the whole Nostradamus 1999 cuffuffle. As soon as December 22 comes along there will be ANOTHER date that magically pops up that's been predicted since the hills were young.......

• Like 2

NASA are saying a lot about this, if anyone did not hear about it before, they sure do now. Well done for scaring the ......... out of people who really were better off not knowing.

in this regard both scientists and God agree........ NASA says the world will not end......... and God says... "No man knows the day nor the hour"......so we are safe folks

NASA are saying a lot about this, if anyone did not hear about it before, they sure do now. Well done for scaring the ......... out of people who really were better off not knowing.

NASA is chiming in on this because they have received emails from people, including teens, considering suicide in relation to this subject. They're doing the responsible thing.

If anyone hasn't heard about this before they must have their head in the sand.

• Like 2

NASA is chiming in on this because they have received emails from people, including teens, considering suicide in relation to this subject. They're doing the responsible thing.

If anyone hasn't heard about this before they must have their head in the sand.

The NASA should have referred them to the Samaritans. Any one with their head in the sands, leave them there, its the safest place to be.

• Like 1

i find two things sad about this post

1. that Nasa had to say that :P

2. that some people will STILL believe otherwise.

agreed.

A true testament to the stupidity of some groups of humans. Driving NASA to the point of having to actually send a message of this nature.

• Like 1

I can't believe they actually had to explain it.

I can.. just take a look at what is on you tube..

• Like 1

The people who believe these doomsday prophecies, I'm guessing credulous young adults, probably are the same ones that deride the superstitious "Zeitgeist" of the medieval world. So how does it feel to be living in the Dark ages?

in this regard both scientists and God agree........ NASA says the world will not end......... and God says... "No man knows the day nor the hour"......so we are safe folks

hmmm....dont they actually contradict each other?? i.e. NASA cannot know it will NOT end because God says 'no man knows the day nor the hour'.......so how can NASA be so sure

:w00t::santa::whistle:

• Like 1

i was just thinking that not one person i know in my day to day talks about this at all. then i realized i only talk about it here. lol

who are all these people??

Lets start with ignorant, paranoid and credulous fools.

And then there is the rest of us, that likes to poke them with a stick. :tsu:

• Like 1

Perhaps they should check with the CDC about the zombie apocalypse, still my favorite world disaster. :tu:

The only day the World will end for YOU, is the day you die, its a 100% guarantee.

hmmm....dont they actually contradict each other?? i.e. NASA cannot know it will NOT end because God says 'no man knows the day nor the hour'.......so how can NASA be so sure

:w00t::santa::whistle:

LOL, Yes, they contradict each other, but not themselves. So we are still safe either way ;)

I say we promote this and thin out the heard of morons.

• Like 1

I say we promote this and thin out the heard of morons.

:w00t:

Something like The Pied Piper maybe?

:devil:

• Like 1