Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 11 votes

Best evidence for ET visitation - 3rd edition

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6153 replies to this topic

#2596    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,762 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:03 AM

View Postodiesbsc, on 02 May 2011 - 11:29 PM, said:

:alien:Maybe this thread is finally dying down, I check it every day and it used to be four or five pages a day. Now it was only one page. Maybe we're getting tired of the "Phoenox lights". Hey big D, don't we have anymore to discuss?

Odie  :alien:

More just that pretty much all "popular" best evidence has been reduced in magnificence to mundane everyday happenings. We seem to be running out rather than slowing down, and nothing has managed to stick around for a grand finale. Even the most vocal of zealots are coming up empty handed.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#2597    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,110 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:13 AM

A Clean Shot to the Head maybe ? "They Shoot Horses dont they?" :rolleyes:

This is a Work in Progress!

#2598    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,762 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:27 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 04 May 2011 - 02:13 AM, said:

Nah, it is just that ET is "not yet born" so to speak. It would be more like abortion.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#2599    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:36 AM

View Postskyeagle409, on 04 May 2011 - 01:12 AM, said:

Most definitely, had a nice tiime at the airport, and had a nice view of the mountains from the airport as well, so I would like to reiterate that there were no flares seen over the BGR from the airport either.
I'm glad you had a fun trip.  I've already proven that flares could be seen from the airport, so your empty statement that they can't is about as impactful as trying to topple the pyramids of Giza by blowing on them with your hot air.

#2600    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 30,249 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:37 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 03 May 2011 - 04:09 AM, said:

This is the range of speeds I initially came up with (this was based on my first triangulation, which I already know was incorrect, but definitely in the range of acceptable margin of error for horseshoes and hand-grenades)...

After placing flares 3 thru 8, they appear to be separated by roughly .5 and .6 miles.  They also appear to be dropped roughly every 8 seconds.

5280 feet in a mile
0.5 mile = 2640 feet / 8 seconds = ~330ft per second = 225 MPH = 195.52 Knots
0.6 mile = 3168 feet / 8 seconds = ~396ft per second = 270 MPH = 234.62 Knots

I was also working on confirming from R's video, and accurately calculating rate of ascent, which would be easier from R's perspective because flares 4 and 9 appeared to have been dropped on a nearly perpendicular plane from his point of view.  But it was around that point that I realized that I had my triangulation off by a bit.

With a more precise triangulation I expect that I'll be able to derive a more precise flight speed and path.  For now though, I'd say they were definitely flying somewhere between 200 and 300 MPH, for ballpark estimations.  I'd aim a bit on the higher end of that scale personally, around 250 - 270 MPH, but time will tell I guess.

And work.
I can't say that I'm surprised that you are unable to show your work.  Of course, you probably didn't actually do any work on this that is producible.  Why?  Because it is most likely all in your head.  And it isn't really work.  It is just imagination...

You might want to rework your figures to reflect a 50-mile distance from the camera because, I have seen aircraft moving at velocties faster than an A-10 from 40 miles distance.at a ;slower movement rate than what you see in the video, and another reason why I have said those lights were nowhere near the BGR, and now, someone has been talking 77 miles away, which makes it more compelling that those lights were nowhere near the BGR. Also:

TOM KING'S VIDEO AND ANALYSIS
Tom King and I were notified by a witness who lived in Awahtukee, south of Phoenix, and north of the Gila River Indian Reservation that he had been seeing 2 or 3 of these "orange" lights on March 10, 11, and 12th of 1997 from his balcony where he has a view of the Estrella Mountains. The Estrella Range rises from foothills to peaks between 7 to 9 miles southwest of his home.

He had videotaped these lights. He and neighbors claimed they also saw lights to the southeast and northwest and not just southwest of his position. Our position was approximately 10 air miles distant from K's location to the North and R's location to the east. If the light on the right as identified by Dr. Macabee is 77 miles from K, then it was at least 67 miles from our position. If Montezuma's peak is about 2500 feet higher than our position (approximate) and the distance is 8 air miles, at our angle of viewing, the light on the right at 67 miles would be at an altitude of nearly 21,000 feet to be visible above the mountain crestline.

This, of course, is higher than the alleged altitude of the flares.

My link

That is one of the reasons why I told you to use the side profile depiction. On another note, if you look at that Chicago photo, you will notice the word: copywrite, however, I see no problem with anyone doing their own comparison on their own computers as I have. Just make the proper alignments between the two photos.

Edited by skyeagle409, 04 May 2011 - 02:44 AM.

KEEP YOUR MACH UP AND CHECK SIX

#2601    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,110 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:38 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 04 May 2011 - 02:27 AM, said:

Nah, it is just that ET is "not yet born" so to speak. It would be more like abortion.

born? Like Jason Born?
Clean Shot to HEad ! That will get-em every time !

Attached Files

#2602    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 19,186 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:01 AM

Skyeagle, until you start showing some numbers of your own, you do not have a horse in this race.

#2603    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:28 AM

View Postskyeagle409, on 04 May 2011 - 02:37 AM, said:

You might want to rework your figures to reflect a 50-mile distance from the camera because, I have seen aircraft moving at velocties faster than an A-10 from 40 miles distance.at a ;slower movement rate than what you see in the video, and another reason why I have said those lights were nowhere near the BGR, and now, someone has been talking 77 miles away, which makes it more compelling that those lights were nowhere near the BGR. Also:
If you'd like to rework figures at a 50 mile distance, feel free.  And while you're at it, explain why you selected a 50 mile distance in relation to the video evidence.  On top of that, show us in your best estimation where the lights were.  Take any Phoenix area map and put dots on it.  Then explain in detail why you would place the lights there.

That shouldn't be too difficult for someone with your vast experience and knowledge, right?

Be sure to include a detailed explanation of your reasoning and any math that you can muster in support of that reasoning.  Anything else (like silly proclamations about how it isn't possible, and you've seen the mountains, and you've been to Phoenix, and the Air Force is creating a cover-up, etc...) will either be ignored or appropriately ridiculed  erm...  hi-lighted as ridiculous  eerrrm...  unrelated?  awww, screw it; Ridiculed is the best way to put it.

View Postskyeagle409, on 04 May 2011 - 02:37 AM, said:

That is one of the reasons why I told you to use the side profile depiction. On another note, if you look at that Chicago photo, you will notice the word: copywrite, however, I see no problem with anyone doing their own comparison on their own computers as I have. Just make the proper alignments between the two photos.
I did use a side profile depiction.  It even showed curvature (grossly exaggerated, but even with that exaggeration it clearly showed that the flares would be visible at the projected distance and altitude.)  Did you miss that?  Here you go again.  It isn't perfect, but it is far better than anything you've brought to the table so far.

Posted Image

But as far as your concern regarding copyright goes, here is a simple sidestep.  Describe in great detail how you applied that linked (and copyrighted) photo.  And then provide the other photo that you mention (you distinctly said "two photos", and forgive me if I missed it, but you do leave piles of twaddle that are difficult to wade through...) and describe how exactly they relate in support of your argument.  I'm more than happy to do the comparison on my computer if you can adequately describe the methods and details of the comparison that you have done.

Please be sure to include as much detail as possible.  But let me quantify that request...  please be sure to include as much relevant detail a possible (and exclude all irrelevant details entirely).

Cheers sky, and welcome back from your trip.

#2604    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,762 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:17 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 04 May 2011 - 02:13 AM, said:

Not on Pandora.

Posted Image

Edited by psyche101, 04 May 2011 - 07:17 AM.

#2605    lost_shaman

lost_shaman

Alien Abducter

• 5,305 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:36 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 04 May 2011 - 01:59 AM, said:

He will be waiting for you to do that so he can claim the work and victory. Of course one must also take into account that identifying flares from street lights means the Government is hiding ET!

LOL

Cheers Mate

Hey psyche,

That won't be happening. Everything is laid out here on UM for everyone to see, besides this was more or less a visual for everyone else to show how the video camera records point sources in the same way. I didn't expect the challenge to be taken, no, I knew it wouldn't be!

Still, the challenge is still valid and open... Still not holding my breath!

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

#2606    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,983 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:50 AM

View Postlost_shaman, on 03 May 2011 - 11:11 PM, said:

Hey quillius,

I see where you got that from the text however you can see the dial shows 14 calibrated atlitude values.

After looking at this a bit more I agree with you this would be preset before Flight when using an Aircraft mounted launcher.

Hey Ls, There is one other place I came across that stated the four settings, struggling to find it again now but will keep looking. I understand why you have said 14 settings even though the text contradicts it,I cant see a reason why they would mention just the four settings, it doesnt make sense. I would add that they are just drawings, however I have seen actual 'live' ones and they too contain the 14-15 settings, I would hasten to add that this still may not mean that they are all functioning. Could it be that the timer is a mould used for other flares that have more settings?? I think you are probably correct that it is 14 funtctioning, although like I said it would be good to confirm this.

SKY, with your contacts at the air force is this something you could find out and confirm?

#2607    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,983 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:52 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 04 May 2011 - 01:52 AM, said:

Very interesting, I might have a look at that idea myself. Let me know how you go with it.

By any chance has anyone presented him with James OBergs list of questions to ask an Alien?

Hey Psyche, food for thought isnt it? I will try and look into it but have yet to find the apporpriate time required. It will be quite some task to find out exactly what cases he was alluding too in the speach, this would have to be done to make the required comparisons.

:tu:

#2608    lost_shaman

lost_shaman

Alien Abducter

• 5,305 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:05 AM

View Postquillius, on 04 May 2011 - 08:50 AM, said:

Hey Ls, There is one other place I came across that stated the four settings, struggling to find it again now but will keep looking. I understand why you have said 14 settings even though the text contradicts it,I cant see a reason why they would mention just the four settings, it doesnt make sense. I would add that they are just drawings, however I have seen actual 'live' ones and they too contain the 14-15 settings, I would hasten to add that this still may not mean that they are all functioning. Could it be that the timer is a mould used for other flares that have more settings?? I think you are probably correct that it is 14 funtctioning, although like I said it would be good to confirm this.

SKY, with your contacts at the air force is this something you could find out and confirm?

Hey quillius,

I'm not sure I understand what you mean when you say "text contradicts it"?

The text say's "Settings of 250, 500, and 1,000 to 11,000 feet can be selected". Note the word 'to' in bold suggests a range. The most literal interpretation of this text I can think of still does not imply only 'four' possible settings.

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

#2609    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,983 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:24 AM

View Postlost_shaman, on 04 May 2011 - 10:05 AM, said:

Hey quillius,

I'm not sure I understand what you mean when you say "text contradicts it"?

The text say's "Settings of 250, 500, and 1,000 to 11,000 feet can be selected". Note the word 'to' in bold suggests a range. The most literal interpretation of this text I can think of still does not imply only 'four' possible settings.

Hey LS, you are correct the word 'to' does answer any questions and eliminates the contradiction I thought that was there. many thanks

edit: the other sites I was talking about also have the same wording so it was my error.

Edited by quillius, 04 May 2011 - 10:25 AM.

#2610    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,110 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:37 PM

Has there been any change in the Idea that so many people can see somthing and It be somthing other than Flares?
To Have an Open Mind is Good, to Have Proof is even better. To Count out so many witnesses is Insane !