Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Further Study in Self-confronation

behavioralist

(One can readily understand that someone with only a mandatory vocabulary hates to Google in order to find or refresh a definition, because the internet is busy loading its garbage like the haystack piling on before it lets you find your needle; unless you pay the toll, that being a risky alternative in itself, like entrusting a stranger with your pin codes. You need a dictionary app suited to your gadget, not a website! We are migrating from an era of knowing things to an era of knowing where to find them just as quickly as if we did know them. Don’t get left behind like some “cantankerous curmudgeon”.

Words are paints, and charcoal-words only make sketches. “Stygian” refers to The River Styx, for example. One word that bestirs a Shakespeare-like plot as you pass through it.

Most word-smithing is like a beggar making a Red Cross can for himself. Getting new and original research developments carefully expressed is hard work that, in the final analysis, still requires some leniency and intuitiveness on the reader’s part. PG Wodehouse, a humorist I have admired since the 60s, produced countless drafts of his every page, and it shows; no one has improved on the old art of reading the books in his case, and as audiobooks you really need to know your readers. I’m not even a writer, just a cutting-edge behavioral and cognitive researcher, so my second draft is what I budget time for.

And I am not writing in stone. I can’t cheerfully curl up with a volume I wrote last year. It wouldn’t need a rewrite in the eyes I read with now; there is only to start afresh. I see no reason to expect that this will be any better in my eyes next year. Love, which is only consummate cognition, is too fine a jewel-stone to sport so few facets!)

As an enabler of the ubiquitous duplicity of adults you have surrendered yourself to a horizon-less stygian fog of opprobrium (reduced by the scorn of the more treacherous ---a degree of ego being one’s scorn as the intuitive accounting of how much damage results and accumulates in one’s wake, and scorn being how readily the debased of one’s very own species take it as flattery that they serve one’s treachery well--- to a lifelong chain of more and more debasing roles, your nicest role in any relationship being while it’s novel and you are enjoying the immunities of youth) and you carry this fog with you as your presence, importuning wherever you go that there is a place reserved in this fog for everything around you (including photons) if it will just join you there, and that God has always been in the fog and nowhere else.

That enabler is the observer of the deflective content that conflates with it to make “the conscious content”. The reflex we adopt after aversion-conditioning is attachment to the permitted, so that if we are averse to nosing at the red button we reflexively nose at the green one. In the human being the green one is the deflective content.

Deflective content is exemplified by the scornful flattery of one person that you can do something or are “so intelligent!”, when you do not ask what he can do because he already has power and a private office. Can a boss stay sober through lunch? No one whose performance and intellect need to be at peak to get his meager bills paid would ask.

Aversion conditioning! Could you help feeling smug every time you saw it through an alcoholic haze that only barely diminishes your already brutally pruned capacity for everything but abuse and complicity?

To understand the structure of society one must grasp mentorship. How does it work and why?

If a kid doesn’t want to grow up, how is anyone his mentor? So the question becomes which kids have this option; which parents and cabal of parents are not tolerating that kids have options. A certain type has no patience with what kids want, and this type acquires an army of child-lieutenants through which they vicariously make war on kids who don’t want any damn mentors except fantasy ones. “Older people are stupid!”

All effective mentorship is opprobrious! A slum is defined by child-labor. Once outside the family for a few hours a day the children of the normal families become the unwitting casualties of an undeclared war that seems to be a child’s war but is in fact the same old war over power.

It is “the gift” peculiar to the quality of incomparable scorn that in its view the child is either an agent or a rival. Like torching a kitten, there is a social imperative that gravitates to the most unlikely relationships and associations, the ones a normal adult can’t image anyone wanting.

Cognition is the question how, and before we can ask it the what must become clear. “How can he have this job?”, means you have seen what he is and how it is reflected in what he is capable of compared with other potential applicants. You realize you would not put this structure together and baptize it “Order!”.

The deeper you perceive or penetrate beyond the deflections the less “order” you can find, and then it has to dawn on you that it is impossible to have unnatural order. Unnatural order is a myth. Worse over bad over naughty is “unnatural order”, order that blunders over beautifully and miraculously entangled chaos like the proverbial bull in the china shop!

Natural order is best over perfect, the most gifted over the absolutely innocent, which is not rule but natural attraction. Rule begins with falling below the mark: the predators are also perfect.

Edited by behavioralist

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• behavioralist

• Bendy Demon

• Dumpnuts

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap! That is a lot to read there. Is there a summarized version of what was just said?

Holy crap! That is a lot to read there. Is there a summarized version of what was just said?

Read just the black words. Otherwise there will soon be the epic version.

Sorry but this massive word salad of yours made no sense to me.

Sorry but this massive word salad of yours made no sense to me.

I opened a Star Wars book and found Words in it that people complain about when I use them: I recall "tertiary reserves"; the substance being that you don't join the tertiary reserves expecting to be called to activy duty. It's a safe spot. Kids read Star Wars, right?

Edited by Beany

I read plenty, thank you. It's simply that I tried to read your post and tried to follow your train of thought and I still do not quite get what your point is supposed to be.

If that makes me stupid in your eyes..meh, whatever. I've been called worse.

I read plenty, thank you. It's simply that I tried to read your post and tried to follow your train of thought and I still do not quite get what your point is supposed to be.

If that makes me stupid in your eyes..meh, whatever. I've been called worse.

"Stupid" are people trapped in imprinted reactions. Whatever you say to them it is just Another chance to take a shot at you because you don't approve of them for some trait they can't get rid of and want to be flattered for because their family flattered them for it, or at least the one gender of it. I knew a drunk who faithfully hit himself with a hammer so that he wouldn't have to work, and then spent every night from eight to six am at the Drunks Unanimous Club, even though he was too cheap to buy a drink there, and sat drinking in his car between dances. Fitting in is Everything and anyone who doesn't make us fit the way one's own kind do when we have found a niche needs abuse; people "should have the sense" to join in and abuse that person.

Otherwise you are as valuable to me as I hope to be to you. Have I said anything that made any sense to you? And the deeper question: where did it make sense, where you Think or where you live?