Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Bush knowingly ordered torture

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#1    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,189 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:17 PM

A nonpartisan group led by a former top Bush administration official concluded a two-year review on Tuesday that finds the former president and his top advisers knowingly ordered interrogation techniques that U.S. officials have previously referred to as torture.

Nonpartisan review concludes Bush knowingly ordered torture

#2    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,373 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:26 PM

For shame Mr. President.  We're supposed to be the good guys.

#3    The Id3al Experience

The Id3al Experience

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

• Before enlightenment peel the potatoes, after enlightenment, peel the potatoes.

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:34 PM

He was even known for war crimes. Yet nothing ever happens to the bad guys at the top

Posted Image

#4    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:49 PM

View Postsupervike, on 16 April 2013 - 11:26 PM, said:

For shame Mr. President.  We're supposed to be the good guys.

Ha, the west ain't been the "good guys" since World War 2.

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5

#5    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,189 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:49 PM

Aren't there some countries that will arrest him if he goes there for war crimes?

#6    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:50 PM

View PostThe Id3al Experience, on 16 April 2013 - 11:34 PM, said:

He was even known for war crimes. Yet nothing ever happens to the bad guys at the top if they happen to be the American President or British Prime Minister.

Fixed that for you.

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

#7    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,189 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:55 PM

View PostHeaven Is A Halfpipe, on 16 April 2013 - 11:49 PM, said:

As apposed to who?

#8    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:01 AM

View PostHilander, on 16 April 2013 - 11:55 PM, said:

As apposed to who?

Well, I don't know how many other countries would get away with an illegal invasion, killing more civilians than so called terrorists, the best part of the story being that those innocent people were killed because their puny existence got in the way of oil. It's not quite Hitler level of jackass but give it a couple more invasions (Iran, North Korea) and we're getting there.

As a sidenote: I'd be surprised if anybody was themselves surprised at this Bush revelation. No good scumbag.

Edited by Heaven Is A Halfpipe, 17 April 2013 - 12:06 AM.

#9    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,583 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:09 AM

View PostHeaven Is A Halfpipe, on 17 April 2013 - 12:01 AM, said:

Well, I don't know how many other countries would get away with an illegal invasion, killing more civilians than so called terrorists, and actually get away with it - the best part of the story being that those people were killed because their puny existence got in the way of oil. It's not quite Hitler level of jackass but give it a couple more invasions (Iran, North Korea) and we're getting there.

As a sidenote: I'd be surprised if anybody was themselves surprised at this Bush revelation. No good scumbag.

Good point. Its also fair to say that the average citizen in the west is unaware of the west brutal impact to average citizens of affected countries.

Compare these two articles from CNN today. The first about "militant youths" in Pakistan, which dismisses the deaths of woman and children in a single sentance.

Ninety-nine percent of the boys, I am told, have never heard of Osama bin Laden, despite the fact he was killed by U.S. Navy SEALs in the next valley over from here. What has radicalized these boys instead, the school's director says, is what turns teenagers the world over to crime: poverty, poor education, limited prospects and often lack of parental control.

Posted Image

Posted Image

It is in this setting that the boys have made ready recruits for Taliban scouts who wean them on tales of the U.S. drone strikes that have killed scores of Pakistani women and children over the past few years.

http://edition.cnn.c...-valley-school/

Compared to this;

Monday's terror attack on the Boston Marathon killed an 8-year-old boy watching with his family, a 29-year-old woman loved by her family and friends and a Boston University graduate student near the finish line with two friends. More than 180 others were wounded, many losing limbs as a result of horrific twin blasts near the race's finish line, in the heart of the city

http://edition.cnn.c...ions/index.html

Were the Pakistani woman and children not "loved by her family and friends"? Who is really "weened" on idiological "tales"?

#10    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:49 PM

Good point. Its also fair to say that the average citizen in the west is unaware of the west brutal impact to average citizens of affected countries.

Very true, and the media whitewashes everything like in the two articles you posted.

Check out:http://nopewar.wordpress.com/2012/12/01/us-drone-crashes-mount-at-civilian-airports/

According to this article, Bush's drone strikes killed 438 people, and Obama's have killed 2,152 people. This includes women and children. Most killed are civilians... :no:

An October report on the secret U.S. drone war in Pakistan says the attacks have killed far more civilians than acknowledged, traumatized a nation and undermined international law. In “Living Under Drones,” researchers conclude the drone strikes “terrorize men, women, and children, giving rise to anxiety and psychological trauma among civilian communities.”

Also: http://www.cnn.com/2...-drone-strikes/

U.S. drone strikes in Pakistan have killed far more people than the United States has acknowledged, have traumatized innocent residents and largely been ineffective, according to a new study released Tuesday.
The study by Stanford Law School and New York University's School of Law calls for a re-evaluation of the practice, saying the number of "high-level" targets killed as a percentage of total casualties is extremely low -- about 2%.
The report accuses Washington of misrepresenting drone strikes as "a surgically precise and effective tool that makes the U.S. safer," saying that in reality, "there is significant evidence that U.S. drone strikes have injured and killed civilians."
It also casts doubts on Washington's claims that drone strikes produce zero to few civilian casualties and alleges that the United States makes "efforts to shield the drone program from democratic accountability."

#11    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,124 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

View PostHilander, on 16 April 2013 - 11:49 PM, said:

Aren't there some countries that will arrest him if he goes there for war crimes?

Yes, I think Switerzerland is one such country.  He had to change his travel plans a few summers ago for just that reason.

Further, I think it was Malaysia who tried him and Cheney in absentia for war crimes, and convicted them both.

Bush, Cheney, Yoo, and a host of others were responsible for the crimes of torture and more.

#12    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Poltergeist

• 2,880 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

View PostHeaven Is A Halfpipe, on 16 April 2013 - 11:49 PM, said:

Maybe not necessarily the West but America has been the good guy since at least WWII.  I suppose you were one of those that cheered when Margaret Thatcher died?  American Hegemony has given the world relative peace in the nuclear age.

View PostHeaven Is A Halfpipe, on 17 April 2013 - 12:01 AM, said:

Well, I don't know how many other countries would get away with an illegal invasion,
Another misinformed stooge.  The Iraq invasion was probably the most legal war in history.  Bush did his homework and every “I” was dotted and every “T” crossed.  The only thing you can really blame Bush for is that he over hyped the war and Phase IV of OPPlan 1003 was not very well thought out.  But there’s an axiom that states that when the shooting starts, you can throw even the best laid plans out the window.

killing more civilians than so called terrorists,
That unfortunately happens in any and all conflicts.  Between 80 and 100 thousand Iraqis died and most of them were insurgents or civilians that died from insurgent actions.  Despite popular belief, our forces kept collateral damage down to an absolute minimum.  From your statements, I can only conclude that all you have access to was the MSM.  My brother experienced this stuff first hand.  Almost everything he relayed to me was the exact opposite from what the MSM reported.  Typical.

the best part of the story being that those innocent people were killed because their puny existence got in the way of oil.
Still quaffing the koolaid.  This was not a conquest for oil but oil does play a part.  Can you imagine what the price of oil would have been if Saddam stayed in power and was allowed to develop his WMDs even further?  Why do you think Chirac pushed France to build up their nuclear plant infrastructure while supporting Saddam?

Of course, Bush had Cheney and Halliburton but think about it.  If it wasn’t Halliburton, it would have been somebody else.  The more curious thing to look into is the price fixing going on under the current Administration.  He has said on several occasions that he wants the price of oil to go up so that we would have to deal with his pet green energy companies.  Energy sources are pretty important to the entire world and those in power are going to manipulate it.

It's not quite Hitler level of jackass but give it a couple more invasions (Iran, North Korea) and we're getting there.
WoW!  How totally unaware you are.  You would compare the possible (if needed) invasion of Iran or NK to Hitler’s conquest of Europe?  What is the British educational system teaching?  I think you need to change halfpipe to bong.

I never was.  But then I support torture.  It is an integral part of war.  Now to clarify, I support data mining as opposed to what most people are brainwashed to believe that torture only fulfills the sadistic fancy of a few.

"I don't see one link on this thread providing one shred of evidence for the disgusting jew-hate BS you Zionist liars keep accusing me of." - Yamato

#13    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,370 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

a suprise to no one. I bet our curret president does the same.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#14    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:38 PM

View PostRavenHawk, on 17 April 2013 - 03:36 PM, said:

Maybe not necessarily the West but America has been the good guy since at least WWII.  I suppose you were one of those that cheered when Margaret Thatcher died?  American Hegemony has given the world relative peace in the nuclear age.

Another misinformed stooge.  The Iraq invasion was probably the most legal war in history.  Bush did his homework and every "I" was dotted and every "T" crossed.  The only thing you can really blame Bush for is that he over hyped the war and Phase IV of OPPlan 1003 was not very well thought out.  But there's an axiom that states that when the shooting starts, you can throw even the best laid plans out the window.

That unfortunately happens in any and all conflicts.  Between 80 and 100 thousand Iraqis died and most of them were insurgents or civilians that died from insurgent actions.  Despite popular belief, our forces kept collateral damage down to an absolute minimum.  From your statements, I can only conclude that all you have access to was the MSM.  My brother experienced this stuff first hand.  Almost everything he relayed to me was the exact opposite from what the MSM reported.  Typical.

Still quaffing the koolaid.  This was not a conquest for oil but oil does play a part.  Can you imagine what the price of oil would have been if Saddam stayed in power and was allowed to develop his WMDs even further?  Why do you think Chirac pushed France to build up their nuclear plant infrastructure while supporting Saddam?

Of course, Bush had Cheney and Halliburton but think about it.  If it wasn't Halliburton, it would have been somebody else.  The more curious thing to look into is the price fixing going on under the current Administration.  He has said on several occasions that he wants the price of oil to go up so that we would have to deal with his pet green energy companies.  Energy sources are pretty important to the entire world and those in power are going to manipulate it.

WoW!  How totally unaware you are.  You would compare the possible (if needed) invasion of Iran or NK to Hitler's conquest of Europe?  What is the British educational system teaching?  I think you need to change halfpipe to bong.

I never was.  But then I support torture.  It is an integral part of war.  Now to clarify, I support data mining as opposed to what most people are brainwashed to believe that torture only fulfills the sadistic fancy of a few.

Thanks for making the assumption that I would celebrate the death of anybody. This is England, not America, we don't (in masses) celebrate the death of other people. Especially after getting dooped over by our own country that some man in a cave co-ordinated two planes to crash into the World Trade Centers. You really think America is the "good guy" in the world right now? You're off you're freaking rocker.

I'm perfectly informed as to how the Iraq war happened and I think you'll find it was an illegal invasion. We didn't hold a legal inquiry in Britain for nothing my friend. We had an inquiry because the British people are not sheep and know right and wrong when they see it and we demand justice.

I don't even know what the MSM is supposed to stand for so I guess you failed to discredit me there, too. You're not very good at these assumptions are you? I guess your brother is an authority on the entire conflict. He's just another pawn being used for unjustified wars and I pray he doesn't die for his blind loyalty to a terrorist state.

I actually said it wasn't quite Hitler level yet, perhaps your American education isn't all that good, but if you can't see all these invasions of middle eastern nations + potential Iran and NK as exactly what Hitler was doing having parallels, you might as well join the forces yourself and blindly serve your nation. Of course you support torture, it's okay so long as it's America who does it, right? But it's wrong when another nation does it.

You're just another pompous American who is going to one day realise your nation isn't as all powerful and mighty as you're taught it is. I really hope America doesn't come crying to Britain for help (again) with NK and Iran because I'm sick of my nation dragged into these little fights that you can't fight yourself. Your brother might serve but I know people who serve too and they deserve better than to have their lives thrown into jeopardy over the chess game of politics America likes to play with the world.

You got a problem with NK and Iran? Invade them yourself, don't expect others to help you. Though we both know the first place America is going to come begging.

God bless.

Edited by Heaven Is A Halfpipe, 17 April 2013 - 05:50 PM.

#15    Bama13

Bama13

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

View PostHeaven Is A Halfpipe, on 17 April 2013 - 05:38 PM, said:

Thanks for making the assumption that I would celebrate the death of anybody. This is England, not America, we don't (in masses) celebrate the death of other people. Especially after getting dooped over by our own country that some man in a cave co-ordinated two planes to crash into the World Trade Centers. You really think America is the "good guy" in the world right now? You're off you're freaking rocker.

I'm perfectly informed as to how the Iraq war happened and I think you'll find it was an illegal invasion. We didn't hold a legal inquiry in Britain for nothing my friend. We had an inquiry because the British people are not sheep and know right and wrong when they see it and we demand justice.

I don't even know what the MSM is supposed to stand for so I guess you failed to discredit me there, too. You're not very good at these assumptions are you? I guess your brother is an authority on the entire conflict. He's just another pawn being used for unjustified wars and I pray he doesn't die for his blind loyalty to a terrorist state.

I actually said it wasn't quite Hitler level yet, perhaps your American education isn't all that good, but if you can't see all these invasions of middle eastern nations + potential Iran and NK as exactly what Hitler was doing having parallels, you might as well join the forces yourself and blindly serve your nation. Of course you support torture, it's okay so long as it's America who does it, right? But it's wrong when another nation does it.

You're just another pompous American who is going to one day realise your nation isn't as all powerful and mighty as you're taught it is. I really hope America doesn't come crying to Britain for help (again) with NK and Iran because I'm sick of my nation dragged into these little fights that you can't fight yourself. Your brother might serve but I know people who serve too and they deserve better than to have their lives thrown into jeopardy over the chess game of politics America likes to play with the world.

You got a problem with NK and Iran? Invade them yourself, don't expect others to help you. Though we both know the first place America is going to come begging.

God bless.

Just as your country came begging in WWI and WWII? Like France came begging in Vietnam? Like most of western Europe begged us to keep troops in Europe after WWII ended to help keep the Russians at bay? I see, it is OK for your country to ask us to help them in a war, but not ok for us to ask them to help us in a war.

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users