Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Bali drugs: Death sentence for Briton

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#46    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:05 AM

View Postspud the mackem, on 01 February 2013 - 12:00 AM, said:

Reading some of the above posts makes me cringe as half of them haven't a clue what they are talking about,I spend over 30 years of my life catching drug smugglers,(not users who I feel sorry for as they got into a mess they cant get out of), but Smugglers deserve what comes to them. Anyone who smuggles Misery and eventual Death deserves what they get if/when they are caught. Smugglers live a fairly good life on other peoples Misery.If this person had not been caught she would have been paid and then done it again, and again.and Again.

Does this mean you also advocate death for bartenders and shopkeepers with cigarette licences? I'm not saying your view is entirely wrong or anything, but I just like to highlight the double standards (considering alcohol is the worst drug of them all).

#47    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,532 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:12 AM

I don't know that I would advocate executing anyone.  The temptation to a young person to make a quick buck is huge, and as they mature they will learn otherwise.  Kill them and they will never have the chance.

Still, if you travel in SE Asia, and carry quantities of illegal drugs with you, it can happen.  I can't imagine anyone who isn't aware of this.  Usually, though, it doesn't go that far -- but, still, a stint in prison is not good either.

#48    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• WRATH

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

She'll probably have it revoked to a life sentence if the EU council step in and ask for sanctions, with an eventual deportation to cosy England.

Still, the death penalty is a bit harsh for this.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

#49    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,532 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

View PostSean93, on 02 February 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

Still, the death penalty is a bit harsh for this.
Of course its harsh, and I can't imagine they will actually carry it out.  The thing is lots of locals get executed for even less, but she has the benefit of being a foreigner and they don't want to scare off tourists.  They just want to make a point to these tourists.

#50    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,668 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:47 PM

View PostExpandMyMind, on 01 February 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

Does this mean you also advocate death for bartenders and shopkeepers with cigarette licences? I'm not saying your view is entirely wrong or anything, but I just like to highlight the double standards (considering alcohol is the worst drug of them all).
    I didnt make the Law old son I just carried it out,but I think you are being rather pedantic about Cigs/Alchohol.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#51    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

View Postspud the mackem, on 02 February 2013 - 04:47 PM, said:

I didnt make the Law old son I just carried it out,but I think you are being rather pedantic about Cigs/Alchohol.

The only reason you might think I'm being pedantic is because it is socially accepted in Britain for it to be perfectly legal to kill or ruin the lives of yourself or others with alcohol and tobacco. They are both drugs, and definitely alcohol has been clearly proven to be more dangerous and detrimental to families than illegal drugs. It is the perfect analogy to use (which is why it is used so often).

#52    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

http://www.channelne...1251524/1/.html

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#53    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,529 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:01 AM

I guess that's the known risk of trafficking hard drugs through an intolerant country.

Sorry, in this case I have no sympathy, though I would prefer for her to have life in prison versus execution.

Edited by pallidin, 03 February 2013 - 01:04 AM.

#54    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:27 AM

They put a 15 year old boy in prison last year because he was caught buying marijuana there, he was released about a month later. They are very strict on drugs and everyone knows it, you're just plain stupid if you mess with drugs there.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#55    mike72

mike72

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

She broke the law. And if the punishment is firing squad, so be it. She deserves what she gets for breaking the law. She knew the consequences.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users