Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Little shadow people

Galactic Goatman

For the past couple of years I have been seeing little shadow people when I am alone. And not just at home either. Whenever I look directly at them they disappear. Like this one time I could have sworn I saw a baby crawling across the floor, or a black mass that looked like a baby, but when I looked at it, it vanished. Usually I see them off in the corners and moving behind furniture. Anyone have an idea as to what they are?

• Like 2

aaaah ! How cute a little black baby playing peek a poo

• Like 1

Cute comments. :) I see things that aren't really there out of the corners of my eyes sometimes. Especially since I had my eye operations. I think we have to realize how complex the brain/mind is. It's like the brain has a mind/life of its own separate from our consciousness.

My opinion is, there aren't really little black people around us, it's the mind playing tricks or being tricked into thinking it sees things that aren't really there. Take a picture.

• Like 3

I know many people that see small dark "critters" (for lack of a better term), like small animals or even insects. My wife sees them, but she is more sensitive than I am in that regard. Speculation is they are interdimensional things

• Like 1

From ZocDoc----- Seeing occasional black spots is quite normal. It is something that many people experience throughout their lives. The black spots you see are called floaters that are simply a natural sign of aging. They are tiny clumps of dead cells which originally come from the layers of tissue at the back of the eye that appear to be in front of the eye, but are actually floating inside. They are particularly more noticeable when you are looking at a bright background (i.e., direct sunlight). As we get older, the vitreous (the clear gel-like substance in the inside of the eye) tends to shrink slightly and detach from the retina, forming clumps within the eye as shadows that cast on the retina. They will not affect your vision in any significant way and will usually fade over time. Having said all this, it would still be a good idea for you to have a check up because any new symptoms related to your eyes should always be investigated.

• Like 3

From ZocDoc----- Seeing occasional black spots is quite normal. It is something that many people experience throughout their lives. The black spots you see are called floaters that are simply a natural sign of aging. They are tiny clumps of dead cells which originally come from the layers of tissue at the back of the eye that appear to be in front of the eye, but are actually floating inside. They are particularly more noticeable when you are looking at a bright background (i.e., direct sunlight). As we get older, the vitreous (the clear gel-like substance in the inside of the eye) tends to shrink slightly and detach from the retina, forming clumps within the eye as shadows that cast on the retina. They will not affect your vision in any significant way and will usually fade over time. Having said all this, it would still be a good idea for you to have a check up because any new symptoms related to your eyes should always be investigated.

Yep. That is why I asked if it happens after being online (bright screen). I get them occasionally and because we humans have a severe case of pareidolia, they can easily take on shapes of, well...almost anything.

• Like 1

aaaah ! How cute a little black baby playing peek a poo

D'awww!

Does it happen after you've been on line for a while?

No.

Typically it is a sign that you need more sleep.

I get plenty of sleep, and when I don't get much sleep I don't see little people, I see far worse things...

I am 20 and my eyes are fine, thank you for your concern. :) they aren't just ran some shapes, they have a distinct shape to them.

Anxiety, depression, and/or stress.. can't remember the proper name of it, but it's related to these feelings

Edited by MissJatti
  • Like 1

If these little shadow people existed, the gummint would be taxing them by now.

• Like 1

Could be medical, or just a different type of shadow people. I have seen them in child size, they seem playful and have never bothered me so I just ignore them and go about my day.

• Like 1

Cameras. 100% guaranteed to stop any and all activity.

I am not quick enough with a camera. :(

I would say they are tiny shadow people from the spirit realm.

I would very much like to capture them and send them into my evil jar!

I would say they are tiny shadow people from the spirit realm.

I would very much like to capture them and send them into my evil jar!

You have an evil jar?

You have an evil jar?

It's a very, very evil jar. I heard he used to keep cookies in there once, but they always seem to had disappeared within minutes. :o

It's a very, very evil jar. I heard he used to keep cookies in there once, but they always seem to had disappeared within minutes. :o

*gasp*! That sounds terrifying. :o

Now THIS is an evil jar:

evil%20jar_zpsjapvhbqm.jpg

• Like 1

Now THIS is an evil jar:

evil%20jar_zpsjapvhbqm.jpg

Lol, ya I can tell.

• Like 1